Did we make the right choice?

cruisinforabruising

So my wife and I will be on the Reflection 3/22 and last night we decided to go for broke and book our first suite. We chose a s1 aft corner (1214). We have never been in a aft balcony before either. We though about a Aqua Suite but from what I read the ones on deck 12 are prone to noise due to its proximity to ocean view and the pool. We are both in our early thirties so walking to the back is not an issue for us.

My question is would you have gone for the Aqua suite or the aft sky? Really nervous about trying to make this a memorable vacation for us.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think an aft corner is perfect. Great view, quiet location. We love aft cabins but have not yet been able to do a S1. Met a couple on their honeymoon on our last cruise- they were in the S1 starboard side and loved it.

Thanks for the input!

So my wife and I will be on the Reflection 3/22 and last night we decided to go for broke and book our first suite. We chose a s1 aft corner (1214). We have never been in a aft balcony before either. We though about a Aqua Suite but from what I read the ones on deck 12 are prone to noise due to its proximity to ocean view and the pool. We are both in our early thirties so walking to the back is not an issue for us.

My question is would you have gone for the Aqua suite or the aft sky? Really nervous about trying to make this a memorable vacation for us.

Thanks

The really great benefit of the AQ class is dining in Blu....however, I do believe that suite passengers have the option of going there for a mere $5 per night if there is room. I don't think that should be an issue so looks to me as though you have the best of both worlds. Enjoy!!

I suggest you look at the thread with individual reviews of the S-class ship cabins. I was also toying with getting a aft cabin on my sailing of the Reflection, but saw enough complaints about soot that I chose not to. Also, high decks had complaints about noise coming down from the aft public areas while low decks had mention of deep rumbling from thrusters early morning as you pull into port.

Absolutely LOVED our deck 10 aft corner S1 on Solstice. Great veranda, very minimal soot, didn't mind the walk at all. Aft staterooms are our favorite and the S1's hard to beat. You will not be disappointed!! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by gatorgirl59

Hi,

We just got off Reflection yesterday, and we had cabin 1214, the aft sky suite 1 starboard cabin.

We had no noise from oceanview café, or sunset bar, no soot, and only real vibrations was when docking.

There are two support poles in the room, but it does not interfere with walking around. There is less closet space in this room than in the regular sky suite 2 cabins or aqua class suites that are either under the pool or oceanvew café which we stayed on a previous Reflection cruise.

The butler Nelson, and his assistant Leslie were just wonderful. We also switched out the bottle of sparkling wine for a bottle of Kendall Jackson pinot noir which we took to the dining room. He also brought whatever we wanted and left as afternoon appetizers, such as fruit and cheese. shrimp cocktail, cookies etc. Just ask, and it was always greeted with a smile, and what else could they do for you.

We also ate in the specialty restaurants(you get one free with your suite)

and also ate in Blu for breakfast sometimes, as well as a couple of dinners.

During our cruise, they offered discounts on the specialty dining, as I guess that they had lots of open spaces.

Enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful cruise.

We had a corner aft S1 on Equinox - our one and only suite - and it was absolutely amazing. I could not believe how much room it had. I loved it. My only issue was that the cruise had some rocky waters and there is definitely more motion all the way in the back. Other than that, if finances permit I would choose that over AQ in a heartbeat.

We've sailed a hump Aqua Suite on Reflection and an S1 aft corner on Eclipse. Both are wonderful cabins and have advantages, and go for about the same price. I'd probably chose the S1 if I had a choice (the Aqua Suite was on a guarantee) and dine in around in Blue, Lawn Club, Murano, Tuscan, maybe the MDR and revisit my favorites on that cruise. I find the Persian garden too busy usually to matter much and the other extra benefits of Aqu not worth a difference if I'm already in a suite. If you want Ice Tea in your cabin, just ask your Butler. You get bottled water sure, but not sparkling and we drink enough of it, we usually sail with a premium bottled water package at a minimum.

I think you're in a great cabin.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Oh hands down get that aft S1 suite!!!!!!! You can still eat in Blu, and no charge. We book those aft S1 cabins all the time and LOVE them. It's real private "down there" in the back of the ship and the wrap around balcony is wonderful.

We typically eat in a specialty the first night and then Blu every night. No problem at all. You'll love the butler too, and all the space in the room.

Have a wonderful vacation and don't worry about anything.

Hi,

We just got off Reflection yesterday, and we had cabin 1214, the aft sky suite 1 starboard cabin.

We had no noise from oceanview café, or sunset bar, no soot, and only real vibrations was when docking.

There are two support poles in the room, but it does not interfere with walking around. There is less closet space in this room than in the regular sky suite 2 cabins or aqua class suites that are either under the pool or oceanvew café which we stayed on a previous Reflection cruise.

The butler Nelson, and his assistant Leslie were just wonderful. We also switched out the bottle of sparkling wine for a bottle of Kendall Jackson pinot noir which we took to the dining room. He also brought whatever we wanted and left as afternoon appetizers, such as fruit and cheese. shrimp cocktail, cookies etc. Just ask, and it was always greeted with a smile, and what else could they do for you.

We also ate in the specialty restaurants(you get one free with your suite)

and also ate in Blu for breakfast sometimes, as well as a couple of dinners.

During our cruise, they offered discounts on the specialty dining, as I guess that they had lots of open spaces.

Enjoy yourselves and have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you for the feed back. How much privacy was there on the balcony? Also is there any overhang at all on the balcony? I have seen pictures where the person on the balcony below can see your entire balcony. I'm not sure if it was just the angle of the picture or not.

We opted to go for a suite on our last cruise on the Reflection. We ended up going for 2162 AS on the hump. We were never bothered by noise and it is only one flight up and you're right at the Oceanview Cafe'. I wanted to try the corner aft but being prone to motion sickness steered me away. I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about Blu as the tables are so close together, but we went a few times and enjoyed. The only specialty restaurant we went to was The Lawn and that's only because it was our "free" choice for booking a suite. We don't usually pay extra to eat. Looking down on the aft cabins from above, you could only see part of the balcony, not the whole thing. It looks amazing though!

Hi,

There is a small overhang on 1214 on Reflection, mostly it is in the sun. You could partially see the balconies directly below us, but not all of them. I would imagine the balconies above us could also see part of our balcony, but never is a problem. The window washing equipment is anchored on the starboard side of deck 11, and 12 is right underneath the outside eating area of oceanview cafe.

It has great aft and side views, and like I said, the least motion that we have had in an aft S1, compared to cruises we are in the same cabin location on Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse on prior cruises.

Also, since there is no aft elevators, you can at least walk off 10 calories a day walking back to the cabin!

Have a great trip and enjoy yourselves.

Just to clarify, there is no longer a $5.00 fee for suite passengers to eat in Blu. You can go there whenever you choose, on a space available basis.

We were in a Celebrity Suite and ate twice in Blu. This may be the minority opinion, but we preferred the MDR.

Hi,

There is a small overhang on 1214 on Reflection, mostly it is in the sun. You could partially see the balconies directly below us, but not all of them. I would imagine the balconies above us could also see part of our balcony, but never is a problem. The window washing equipment is anchored on the starboard side of deck 11, and 12 is right underneath the outside eating area of oceanview cafe.

It has great aft and side views, and like I said, the least motion that we have had in an aft S1, compared to cruises we are in the same cabin location on Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse on prior cruises.

Also, since there is no aft elevators, you can at least walk off 10 calories a day walking back to the cabin!

Have a great trip and enjoy yourselves.

You wouldn't have any pictures that you would be willing to share by any chance?

We were in an aft suite on our last cruise. The view from an aft suite is amazing, especially pulling away from a port. It seems so much more private being aft. And the extra space in a suite is great. Our only issue was there was LOTS of movement back there.

I am prone to get sea sick and was no more sick in my aft cabin as my mid-ship ones. Sadly you couldn't pay me to stay in the Reflection suite- I would be miserable :( we did an aft sky suite-s2 for our honeymoon and I LOOOVED it. And you can only really see half the balcony from the above cabins.

The only problem I had with the suite - once you had it once it is HARD to go back. Not impossible, just hard.

You wouldn't have any pictures that you would be willing to share by any chance?

Picture of what? I have some picturs of 9299 no Eclipse.

As far as sea sickness goes, one nice thing I feel about the aft cabins is that as the ship goes side to side, you're moving head to foot while in bed as the beds are 90 degress to the ones on the side. On most cabins on the sides, you'd roll left and right. I personally like it better, but maybe that's just me.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna