Irritated with NCL personal cruise consultant

gkrnjlr

The idea of a PCC is a good one, but if there's no personalization (they don't remember you AT ALL, or they need to be reminded EVERY time why you're calling) it's a waste of time. So, I just use the 866 number and find that I get excellent results from whoever answers. We love NCL and are pretty much exclusive to them.

PCCs are amazing if you can find a good one. Our former one was amazing. It felt like I was talking to my best friend every time I called.

Unfortunately, finding the good ones seem to be the hard part.

PCCs are amazing if you can find a good one. Our former one was amazing. It felt like I was talking to my best friend every time I called.

We've had three PCCs like that, and every time I fall in love with them, they leave. :(

Just for fun (but you know ppl will get carried away)...I'd love to start a thread called

My NCL PCC is better than your PCC because:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not be able to participate in that thread.....I'm still bummed I'm losing my 9 months early points....

I would not be able to participate in that thread.....I'm still bummed I'm losing my 9 months early points....

Chasing a promo which resulted in having to rebook?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mine is awful. Truly. I mean, he's nice and friendly enough when I talk to him, but he's slow to respond and certainly does nothing proactively. And I've been booking with him for years.

I'd like to break up with him, but every time I go to book they just transfer me to him, but I'm done.

Last time was when the price dropped again on my upcoming Dawn cruise. It wasn't until I emailed him with "This is the third time I've contacted you in a week and I'd appreciate a response" that he finally replied, and then did nothing.

When I went to book my Getaway cruise on Saturday I did call him first. Three times (in relatively close succession, but still...). He didn't answer, so I just called the 800 number and booked with the nicest, most helpful guy! Then I hear from PCC "I notice I missed some calls from you. How can I help?" When I told him I booked another cruise but he lost out for not answering, he said "Well, I was on another line. Next time it would mean a lot to me if you would just wait for me to get back to you because I do get credit for booking." Too bad, dude. Had you been more responsive previously I certainly would have waited. I know how you get paid. You should provide better service.

I understand the perceived advantage of booking directly with NCL. Involving a TA might complicate matters. In fact, if the trip needs to be canceled, travel agents might charge additional penalties. However, my TA is great and has provided credits outside of NCL. She rebooked our cruise twice due to promotions and price drops without a hint of problems.

That's the way we felt about our first one on HAL. Either he kept good notes or remembered things about us every time we talked. The one we have now was so rude I will never book with her. We don't have one on NCL although we've booked more NCL cruises than any other. I am not sure if we should call and ask to be assigned to one or continue to book with the online agency that offers the best perks for a specific cruise.

That's the way we felt about our first one on HAL. Either he kept good notes or remembered things about us every time we talked. The one we have now was so rude I will never book with her. We don't have one on NCL although we've booked more NCL cruises than any other. I am not sure if we should call and ask to be assigned to one or continue to book with the online agency that offers the best perks for a specific cruise.

I would say if you have something that works for you, keep going with it. :)

Still wondering if and how I can switch NCL reps? Do I need to talk to a supervisor? Would like to have someone that is RESPONSIVE - both email and phone! So far being ignored by current rep that I booked with...:(

Still wondering if and how I can switch NCL reps? Do I need to talk to a supervisor? Would like to have someone that is RESPONSIVE - both email and phone! So far being ignored by current rep that I booked with...:(

Sorry you are having this problem. We had one a long time ago that screwed up our pricing and then tried to collect additional money months after the cruise. We finally got that straightened out and dumped the guy. We've had several good PCC's and now have a really special lady. Keep trying - ask for a supervisor - but you will get someone good. BTW, our PCC works from home so I get responses on the weekends, evenings, etc.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

• 2 months later...
Sorry you are having this problem. We had one a long time ago that screwed up our pricing and then tried to collect additional money months after the cruise. We finally got that straightened out and dumped the guy. We've had several good PCC's and now have a really special lady. Keep trying - ask for a supervisor - but you will get someone good. BTW, our PCC works from home so I get responses on the weekends, evenings, etc.

So if only the SUPERVISOR would respond to me??? What's up with NCL customer service? I have sent a few emails, left voice messages for the crappy agent's supervisor.....with no response!!!

I even cc'd some of the 'head honchos' at NCL on my last email - and they too don't seem to care that no one is responding - I have not given up - but am very unhappy and not even looking forward to the cruise given my experience. :(

So if only the SUPERVISOR would respond to me??? What's up with NCL customer service? I have sent a few emails, left voice messages for the crappy agent's supervisor.....with no response!!!

I even cc'd some of the 'head honchos' at NCL on my last email - and they too don't seem to care that no one is responding - I have not given up - but am very unhappy and not even looking forward to the cruise given my experience. :(

Attend the CC Meet and Greet and ask who had a good PCC to recommend on your next cruise.

Edited by peg013

By pass them all .

Try PCC roulette !

You know the phone # to call , change the ext to 4 random digits .

Ask the next one that answers to help , A good one will help.

If you don't like um , hang up and try another ext.

That's assuming I cruise NCL again? LOLOL:p;)

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you weren't going to be on the Epic later this year. Countdown is still there. (Service on the ship is much better than landside.)

Well, we had an awesome one too for several years, who left after having baby number 2. Since then, we have had two. They do somehow know which one to whom you are 'assigned'. I called on a day that our PCC was not working to book a cruise and took the one who answered the phone. I then thought that one was who I had to go through for that booking, but found out differently. They knew who my 'assigned' one was when I called back about something. They MUST get some sort of reward incentives, as I have found that they are very territorial! I know someone who had one once that was almost a bully, calling them and saying "You know, don't you, that from now on I am your PCC, and if you want anything you MUST go through me!" They did NOT like that attitude and felt really bullied when they got that call. :eek: They ended up changing.

Anyway, a really good one will KEEP my loyalty and business. And I think my current one is a keeper. :)

Edited by medicalma'am

That is a very interesting comment. Personally, I haven't run into a similar situation (knock on wood).

Just for clarification, are you asking one person the same question on multiple occasions and getting different answers, or are you calling multiple people one time who give you different answers to the same question??

Really? It seems that this happens all the time. I feel like a phd in cruise reservations is necessary to get things done correctly. It shouldn't be that complicated.

I'm trying to change my PCC from an unresponsive one to a helpful one. I called the main number. They knew who my PCC is - still the old one. They said that I had to talk to someone and transferred me. I left a message on Friday and will try again in a few days.

I'm trying to change my PCC from an unresponsive one to a helpful one. I called the main number. They knew who my PCC is - still the old one. They said that I had to talk to someone and transferred me. I left a message on Friday and will try again in a few days.

Please let us know how you make it - I too would like to 'switch' to someone efficient and responsive but getting the run around and not sure how to make this happen! Thanks...

I have had like 15 voicemails the past month from my NCL cruise consultant about booking something new. We are thinking of it anyway but the constant calling is a bit much I guess. Guess it keeps reminding me that I want to cruise again. lol :)

Chris You hear too much and some is us are ignored. I fixed my guy. Ignored him altogether and booked online myself today. Especially now that you can apply a future cruise reward yourself online, worked great. Goodbye Pcp.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk