New to Celebrity Questions about Bev Package

jonnysgirl81

Hi All!

Cruising on Silhouette - Western Caribbean on 3/9/14. We got the free 1-2-3 Beverage Package. I am getting various opinions on whether or not to upgrade. My questions are:

If I order a martini in the Martini Bar do they just charge me the difference or do I have to pay for the entire drink - also heard they will do "small" martini's so that you can get your drink within the package limitations - true or false?

I know that beverages aren't included on Labadee - but I heard that if you have the premium package your drinks are included - true or false?

15% gratuity - included on the premium package? Apparently this is how it is on Royal - I have a friend who just returned.

Thanks in advance for your help - can't wait to sail!

i would upgrade to premium. You only pay the difference above the 14.00 limit with the premium. With the classic, you pay for the whole thing. The 15% is included. There are small martinis as part of the flight tasting. The flight is 16.00 so it would cost 2.00 with premium package. I do not know about the private islands

i would upgrade to premium. You only pay the difference above the 14.00 limit with the premium. With the classic, you pay for the whole thing. The 15% is included. There are small martinis as part of the flight tasting. The flight is 16.00 so it would cost 2.00 with premium package. I do not know about the private islands

Did you mean above the $13?

Flights at the martini bar are not included in the package, so you would pay full price for them (plus a gratuity)......but they sure are fun! Well worth the money if you haven't see them!

I have heard that they can make smaller martinis for those on the classic package.

What you like to drink will help determine whether it is worth the upgrade. We always do as I like some of the premium package wines. We never try to "get our money's worth", just enjoy the convenience.

Edited by CaroleSS

I would upgrade to the premium package if you would like to drink martini's basically package rules for the Classic package is

"beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving".

According the latest bar prices from menus individual cocktails such as Sapphire Ginlet or a dirty martini is $11.00

Spoke to Celebrity to confirm that the drinks package can be used on Labadee and the person I spoke to said yes. I would have been VERY annoyed if Labadee was excluded. And in any event last year when we were on a RCCL cruise and it stopped there, RCCL beverage package was accepted on Labadee.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone tell me the cost to upgrade to the premium package on a 7 day sailing (Reflection)? Like the OP, I got the 1-2-3 offer with the classic and I'm curious as to the cost.

Thanks

It's $11.50 per person, per day regardless of the length of the cruise. That includes gratuity.

Yes, the package is accepted on Labadee.

Hi All!

Cruising on Silhouette - Western Caribbean on 3/9/14. We got the free 1-2-3 Beverage Package. I am getting various opinions on whether or not to upgrade. My questions are:

If I order a martini in the Martini Bar do they just charge me the difference or do I have to pay for the entire drink - also heard they will do "small" martini's so that you can get your drink within the package limitations - true or false?

I know that beverages aren't included on Labadee - but I heard that if you have the premium package your drinks are included - true or false?

15% gratuity - included on the premium package? Apparently this is how it is on Royal - I have a friend who just returned.

H

Thanks in advance for your help - can't wait to sail!

We are on the same cruise. I saw you on the roll call. I just upgraded yesterday and it was 83 CDN for the week if helps. Yes you only pay the difference with premium but pay the entire thing with classic. Yes the premium does cover you on Labadee. This information from Celebrity rep by phone. See you in 2 weeks.

We are on the same cruise. I saw you on the roll call. I just upgraded yesterday and it was 83 CDN for the week if helps. Yes you only pay the difference with premium but pay the entire thing with classic. Yes the premium does cover you on Labadee. This information from Celebrity rep by phone. See you in 2 weeks.

We got the free "classic" beverage package for our cruise on the infinity in April and I wonder if cappuccino is included. I believe there is a nice coffee bar on the ship and I was hoping cappuccino there was included in the package.

Wendy

Just stepped off the Summit. We upgraded…total 80.50 per person for the week. Never regretted it for a minute. Made the week so enjoyable. Never paid a dime for anything…some might have been more than the $13 limit, but no charges ever. Martinis before and after dinner, wine with dinner. Great value

We got the free "classic" beverage package for our cruise on the infinity in April and I wonder if cappuccino is included. I believe there is a nice coffee bar on the ship and I was hoping cappuccino there was included in the package.

Wendy

Yes, cappuccino at cafe al bacio is included in the classic package.

I haven't experienced the classic package firsthand yet but I have been researching it. I read where some people said they did get smaller martinis but then I saw where someone else said they only did small martinis of certain martinis - not the entire group. Also, with the classic package they will not charge you just the difference. That's what sold me on the upgrade. I knew there are a few wines/drinks I'd like that are over the classic limit and it will be cheaper to just go ahead and upgrade - so I did.

We are sailing in under 2 weeks and my friend did not upgrade. I will hopefully have more details after our cruise.

We were just on constellation and everyone at the martini bar was drinking the smaller version martinis...however....we were on silhouette last year and the bartenders had no interest in making smaller martinis

So i think it depends on which ship...and how busy the bar is

For the record...i upgraded and wound up with a sinus infection and barely drank anything so it didnt pay off for me. :(

Edited by riandei

As far as making smaller martinis...I think they will do it for just a basic martini, or a cosmo.

The fancier special ones they will not.

We upgraded to the premium on our last two cruises, it is so well worth it.

Tried so many different drinks that I wouldnt have it I had to pay for them per each drink.

Much better selection of wines also if you are a wine drinker.

Just stepped off the Summit. We upgraded…total 80.50 per person for the week. Never regretted it for a minute. Made the week so enjoyable. Never paid a dime for anything…some might have been more than the $13 limit, but no charges ever. Martinis before and after dinner, wine with dinner. Great value

Thanks for posting - we are on the summit in 3 weeks and plan to do the same thing. I was wondering about your impression about wine with dinner. Once they know that you have premium package is it easy - i.e. does the waiter help manage the cost per glass etc?

Also, did you dine in the specialty restaurants? If so, was that easy with Premium as well?

I have heard both for martinis. Better selection with premium. Didn't know about just paying the difference. Peace of mind. Better wine selection. The coffee thing always confuses me. Are all drinks at cafe el bagio covered by classic or not?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

At the Martini Bar with the Classic Package you can get the Premium Cosmo and Appletini but it will be served in a smaller glass.

With the classic you can also get other martinis but made with non premium liquor or "classic style" and they are also served in a smaller glass.

The difference is that you can get the two premium martinis that is made with the premium liquor, or any other that is made with the liquors that are included in the Classsic package if possible.

The premium Cosmo is made with Grey Goose and Cointreau and non premium uses Absolute and Triple Sec.

So that is a bonus at the Martini Bar.

Edited by miched