Which formal night would you dress up the most?

Dunner

On the Celebrity Reflection 7 night cruise there are two formal nights. Which of the two nights is the most dressy--the first or the second one? I have quite a few dressy dresses, but would like to save my dressier one for the right night.

On the Celebrity Reflection 7 night cruise there are two formal nights. Which of the two nights is the most dressy--the first or the second one? I have quite a few dressy dresses, but would like to save my dressier one for the right night.

The second one seems to be dressier ...that is the one with the lobster ...the one everyone seems to attend. Hey...maybe that is just me.

If you are trying to save on room, there is nothing illegal about wearing the same thing on both formal nights. I know we don't always like to do that but it sure does save on the packing.

It always seemed to me that folks were dressier the first formal night. I have guessed that was for photos. Those who dress formally both formal nights do dress to the nines, but my impression in over forty cruises is that there are fewer people who choose to go all out for formal attire the second formal night.

It is also my impression that on cruises longer than a week, those having three or more formal nights, more passengers dress formally each formal night and they tend to be dressier each night. I am not sure why that is, but it does seem that on longer cruises passengers are dressier.

Edited by Gangway Style

If I have one short and one long formal gown, I typically wear the long one the first formal night, I cannot anwer why- but I do.- However, if I bring two gowns- dress up the same for both! My DH wears his tux both nights- with different shirts, ties or bow ties.

Enjoy your cruise!

We normally get quite dressed on all formal nights, but, if there is one which is more "formal" of the nights, we dress the most formal in the first night (usually the second night of the cruise). We choose this night because, normally, this is the night that the Captain comes to the dinner. On other nights, the Captain might be there but usually the Captain's table is occupied by some other senior officer.

Note that we always sit at the late seating. I'm not sure about early sitting.

We found that one of the advantages to Anytime dining is you can wear the same outfit for both formal nights, because you will have different tablemates and they will not have seen you the first time :)

However, on our last cruise, I wore what I thought was a lovely beaded jacket with a velvet skirt, and a woman wearing the EXACT same outfit was seated right next to me. We looked like frick and frack!

We both laughed at being seated with people of such impeccable taste, but what are the odds?

We found that one of the advantages to Anytime dining is you can wear the same outfit for both formal nights, because you will have different tablemates and they will not have seen you the first time :)

However, on our last cruise, I wore what I thought was a lovely beaded jacket with a velvet skirt, and a woman wearing the EXACT same outfit was seated right next to me. We looked like frick and frack!

We both laughed at being seated with people of such impeccable taste, but what are the odds?

LOL!

You should have taken a picture together!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow did I get a good laugh at this because I always have my dresses set up in order of fit. All of our cruises have been over ten nights, and there is no way I can get into the same dress on night 12 as I did on night 3. My husband goes crazy since he has to deal with the same tux! I do try to dress up nicer on the last night to really celebrate the entire trip.

Don't ask me why, but we always wear the fanciest dresses on the first formal night. My husband either brings the tux or a dark suit. It is also easier to make our children dress up for the first formal night, at the end of the cruise they have too many new friends and don't want to get their pictures taken with us :(:(

Wow did I get a good laugh at this because I always have my dresses set up in order of fit. All of our cruises have been over ten nights, and there is no way I can get into the same dress on night 12 as I did on night 3. My husband goes crazy since he has to deal with the same tux! I do try to dress up nicer on the last night to really celebrate the entire trip.

Too bad the Tux isn't a stretch fabric with an adjustible waist.

LOL