Just Back -Silhouette 2/16 to 2/23

keesar

Just got back from a great cruise on Silhouette and here is a quick review:

Positives

-quickest check-in

-very friendly staff who worked as a team. Even managers helped serve and clean tables

-great food and service everywhere

-Blu was fantastic

-over the top Specialty Restaurants

-excellent entertainment

-great computer classes on Apple products

-officers and staff VERY visible and involved

-great Zumba classes and patient instructor

-Captain's Club Activities not crowded and great appetizers served

-a wide variety of people were on board

-I never had a problem getting a deck chair, even during prime sun time

Neutral

-Party band was ok

Negatives

-Internet was often down and was slow (staff tried their best and were accommodating)

-No free Celebrity beach bags anymore (bring your own!)

-Late afternoon canapes have reached a new low (I thought that was not possible)

-ran out of vanilla soft serve on 4th day

-only had Medium sized t-shirts at game redemption table

Odd as it is still listed as an amenity to AQ!

I was told that the bag order did not come in from Miami for our cruise-- or the two previous ones.

I can tell you that this cruise was really special in a very positive way. We never saw such a cohesive staff that were friendly and went out of their way. The food was really spectacular. We sailed Aqua and we loved it on this ship. Blu was 5 stars! The young chef is outstanding!! MDR was excellent as well when we had lunch there.

Edited by keesar

Positives

-quickest check-in

-very friendly staff who worked as a team. Even managers helped serve and clean tables

-Blu was fantastic

-excellent entertainment

Neutral

-Party band was ok

Negatives

-Internet was often down and was slow (staff tried their best and were accommodating)

-Late afternoon canapes have reached a new low (I thought that was not possible)

Agree with everything you said except I loved the party band. Smart Casuals were one of the best i've heard. Loved that they played "Teenage Kicks" by The Undertones one night.

My beach bag was also a no show, but the steward managed to rustle me one up from somewhere when I asked about it.

At least the olives were an improvement over squirty bits of goo on old bread!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. We had a great time too!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for this review. I might have to pack my free princess tote bag if they don't get the free bags sorted LOL! :D :p

We met a couple that checked in a piece of luggage with a Princess tag. They said their luggage arrived but the Princess tag was missing.

We usually bring a bag but failed to do so this time. Now we know better!

Thanks so much for the review, easy to read! One question, did they have "escargo"(sp?) every night?

They did, indeed, and I can assure you it was excellent every night. :D I like it because the garlic is adequate but not overwhelming.

We were on Equinox earlier this month in Aqua and we got the white drawstring bag (I wish they would just stop giving these out as I have yet to see someone use it) and the sturdier blue tote bag that comes folded up in the pouch. They did make a change to them though where the fake leather straps are gone and they now just have nylon straps. Personally I thought this was an improvement.

Positives

-quickest check-in

-Blu was fantastic

-excellent entertainment

Neutral

-Party band was ok

Negatives

We also were on that cruise and the one before it. Agree it was one of the best. We ate in MDR and the food was awesome. No complaints here the staff were very friendly from the Captain down. Great cruise director.

One thing that I found interesting was that we had the iced tea in our room and next to it were the ice tongs. But no ice bucket! I asked about it and was told that they were all removed and one needed to be requested. We did so and the bucket was filled with ice 24/7.

I also liked the fact that our towels were replaced every time we used them, sometimes 3 times a day. The cabin attendants were awesome along with the entire staff. This was one of the best cruises we have ever been on! Great service, friendly staff and top notch food.

I forgot to mention that they offered 50% off Specialty Restaurants on the first night for Aqua Class guests and 20% off for others. We did Tuscan Grill.

Then we got a nice surprise of a FREE dinner for 2 at any of the Specialty Restaurants. It was a card placed in our room when we boarded and the cabin attendant also reminded us of the offer the next day. We used it for Murano.

Another option was lunch one afternoon at the Lawn Club Grill for $25 per person. Same menu as dinner's $45 per person. This was open to all guests.

He was tremendous.

I saw 4 of the 5 shows.:D

Party band wouldn't play a true slow song and played many fast songs too fast. Too many obscure songs. :cool:

One man's "obscure" song is another man's (or woman's) favourite. This was the first cruise I had ever heard The Undertones "Teenage Kicks" played by a party band. It was brilliant! The stereo phonics son the played frequently was also a favorite. However I inwardly groaned every time they played "Old Time Rock And Roll", but lots of other people seemed to like it. I think they had a varied repertoire and tried to play something sometime to please everyone.

I think music wise there was plenty of variety on board. The guitar guy I found too "country" and morose so I avoided him, but he seemed to have a decent following. The female trio I thought were OK, but a fellow guest was gushing over them saying they deserved a recording contract in the USA.

I think there are as many different opinions on music as there are on food! Luckily there is enough variety for us all to find something we like somewhere.

I had a great cruise and I'm sure you all did too :)

One man's "obscure" song is another man's (or woman's) favourite. This was the first cruise I had ever heard The Undertones "Teenage Kicks" played by a party band. It was brilliant! The stereo phonics son the played frequently was also a favorite. However I inwardly groaned every time they played "Old Time Rock And Roll", but lots of other people seemed to like it. I think they had a varied repertoire and tried to play something sometime to please everyone.

I think music wise there was plenty of variety on board. The guitar guy I found too "country" and morose so I avoided him, but he seemed to have a decent following. The female trio I thought were OK, but a fellow guest was gushing over them saying they deserved a recording contract in the USA.

I think there are as many different opinions on music as there are on food! Luckily there is enough variety for us all to find something we like somewhere.

I had a great cruise and I'm sure you all did too :)

I am proud to say I have avoided any knowledge of Elton John's music and pretty much anything to do with his life in general. But my DW dragged me to the two EJ imitator shows, and I fell asleep during both of them:D And this after the CD had guaranteed no one would sleep during his shows. I accepted her challenge:p I am told the guy was very good but you can't prove it by me. Now if only I could sleep as well during the night

I am proud to say I have avoided any knowledge of Elton John's music and pretty much anything to do with his life in general. But my DW dragged me to the two EJ imitator shows, and I fell asleep during both of them:D And this after the CD had guaranteed no one would sleep during his shows. I accepted her challenge:p I am told the guy was very good but you can't prove it by me. Now if only I could sleep as well during the night

LOLOL. We lasted two songs. They billed him as "Almost Elton John". We billed him as "Almost Elton John (if you are deaf.... and blind)". The Celebrity Orchestra backing him were great though.

I was told that the bag order did not come in from Miami for our cruise-- or the two previous ones.

I can tell you that this cruise was really special in a very positive way. We never saw such a cohesive staff that were friendly and went out of their way. The food was really spectacular. We sailed Aqua and we loved it on this ship. Blu was 5 stars! The young chef is outstanding!! MDR was excellent as well when we had lunch there.

We were on Silhouette on 2/9 and we got one! Did you check your drawers?