Butler service and bev package/ultimate dining package

memory-minus

We are thinking about upgrading to a suite for our upcoming Reflection cruise while 123Go is still in effect.

Two questions: do drinks delivered by the butler when dining in-suite from the speciality restaurants count as "room service" and thus not included in the beverage package? How about afternoon tea, or premium water that she/he delivers?

Is butler service compatible with the ultimate speciality dining package, as in, does it make sense to have this package if we are planning on speciality dining every night, with some nights via butler service?

Thanks!

Edited by memory-minus

I don't think butler will bring dinner to room from specialty restaurants. (Although I suppose there is always a way where money is involved). We eat dinner every night in our room, and have always had regular mdr food. Butler will bring food by course if u want. We just have it all brought at once, but they gladly will serve courses.

I don't think butler will bring dinner to room from specialty restaurants. (Although I suppose there is always a way where money is involved). We eat dinner every night in our room, and have always had regular mdr food. Butler will bring food by course if u want. We just have it all brought at once, but they gladly will serve courses.

Do you order earlier in the day and they bring it to you whenever you want to have dinner (so long as the MDR is still serving)? I too would love to know if we can have drinks also?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Drinks delivered by the butler are not included as part of a beverage package. The butler cans bring complimentary espresso based coffee beverages and the afternoon tea service is no charge. Unless something has changed butlers do not deliver food from specialty restaurants, but can serve you course-by-course from the main dining room's menu. Do realize that the butlers service several suites each - so if multiple are dining en suite the same evening you may be limited as to what times the butler is available. Also Sky Suites do not have a full size dining table.

Dinner in your suite is served course by course by the Butler from the MDR menu, not Blu or specialty restaurants. The beverage package is not available for room service, either from the butler or otherwise. The beverages in the mini bar are also not included.

Afternoon tea does include tea but not from the Café. The butler has a cart with tea, water, savories and sweets. We did have cappuccino delivered every day. Not sure where it came from. Bottled water in the suite was not included in the beverage package.

On our last cruise we had dinner in our suite one evening. We purchased a bottle of wine from Cellar Masters and got a bottle of sparkling water from the bar on the lido deck. We told our butler earlier in the day and when he came around at 4:00 with the tea cart he had a menu. We ordered from the menu and requested dinner at a specific time. Each course was brought individually and his timing was impeccable. At dessert he asked if we wanted the late room service crew to remove our dessert dishes etc. or he would take care of it in the morning.

It was a great experience and we regretted not having done it on previous cruises.

Mary Lou

Drinks delivered by the butler are not included as part of a beverage package. The butler cans bring complimentary espresso based coffee beverages and the afternoon tea service is no charge. Unless something has changed butlers do not deliver food from specialty restaurants, but can serve you course-by-course from the main dining room's menu. Do realize that the butlers service several suites each - so if multiple are dining en suite the same evening you may be limited as to what times the butler is available. Also Sky Suites do not have a full size dining table.

Not having a full size dining table in the suite did not bother us. We had lunch at the "coffee" table and the butler pulled the desk chair over to the table. Did the same for breakfast on a day that was too windy to eat outside. We timed our dinner to an evening that had perfect weather so we were able to eat on our balcony. Great experience.

Mary Lou

Oh, forgive me, I have no idea where I read they would deliver from speciality restaurants. That and the fact that it is considered room service (read: not included in bev package) makes me think we shall forego a suite and stick with our AquaClass room.

Thanks for all the replies!

Oh, forgive me, I have no idea where I read they would deliver from speciality restaurants. That and the fact that it is considered room service (read: not included in bev package) makes me think we shall forego a suite and stick with our AquaClass room.

Thanks for all the replies!

If you are in AQ and eat in your room it still comes from the mdr, not Blu.

If you are only able to get food from the MDR than what does it mean when the brochure states extended menu for suites? Thanks.

The extended menu refers to a few extra items available to suites such as smoothies and fresh squeezed juice for no extra change for breakfast room service - not to ordering off of specialty restaurant menus.

Thanks for clearing that up for us! We have purchased the three night specialty restaurant package, and having a suite, we are given the first night on ship free (excluding tips) at a specialty restaurant. We are considering having one dinner in our cabin and 2 in the MDR. Since we have to select off the MDR menu for our in-suite meal this has given us the opportunity to have a nice dinner in Bermuda. Any suggestions for a restaurant? Thanks!:D

Thanks for clearing that up for us! We have purchased the three night specialty restaurant package, and having a suite, we are given the first night on ship free (excluding tips) at a specialty restaurant. We are considering having one dinner in our cabin and 2 in the MDR. Since we have to select off the MDR menu for our in-suite meal this has given us the opportunity to have a nice dinner in Bermuda. Any suggestions for a restaurant? Thanks!:D

Unless something has changed, you can use your free dinner credit at a specialty on any night of the cruise, not just the first one.