what did u use butler and concierge for???

gempro2758

I have never read here on CC that someone left or suggested to leave $5.00 per person for the entire cruise to either the butler or the concierge. That would be $10.00 for 2 people as a tip for a week-long cruise?

I have read that some leave or have suggested to leave $5.00 per person per day to the concierge.

Just saying....

Harriet

Believe it or not, it has been said $5 per person for the week, and yes it was for the concierge. It's not a guideline that I will follow but it was said that way because the person had mentioned that the per day part was excessive. I personally will be traveling with a party of 5 and will start at $200 for the butler and $100 for the concierge and then adjust for usage and service. I'm not quite sure how much I'll use them, seeing we are usually self-sufficient, so we will see how much we ask of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On the other hand we did see other people really abusing the butler we had. Calling him on the portable phone from the Spa and asking him to bring a book up from the persons cabin……thats just crazy

OMG please tell me someone didn't really do that .... good grief LOL

Edited by SissasMomE

True....there is always one in the crowd!

I usually don't use the concierge for much so feel $5.00 per person is enough.

I start out with $10.00 per person for the Butler and go up from there depending on usage and service.

I also am not a drinker so always leave them and the room steward the bottles of wine/champagne that I always receive.

Harriet

I will have a suite for the first time on the Getaway next month and I am still learning what is customary and proper. Harriet, the figures you gave i.e. $5.00 for the concierge and $10.00 for the butler, is that for the whole week or per person per day?? Just doesn't sound like much if it is for the whole week but what do I know, that's why I'm asking.

True....there is always one in the crowd!

I usually don't use the concierge for much so feel $5.00 per person is enough.

I start out with $10.00 per person for the Butler and go up from there depending on usage and service.

I also am not a drinker so always leave them and the room steward the bottles of wine/champagne that I always receive.

Harriet

Just looked at this again. That's per person per day! LOL

I'm not that cheap!

Harriet

I will have a suite for the first time on the Getaway next month and I am still learning what is customary and proper. Harriet, the figures you gave i.e. $5.00 for the concierge and $10.00 for the butler, is that for the whole week or per person per day?? Just doesn't sound like much if it is for the whole week but what do I know, that's why I'm asking.

What I quoted above was per person per day. I knew what I meant when I typed it but didn't type it right! LOL

Harriet

I asked the butler to remove all items for the fridge and replace them with things we needed for the week, free things I might add! As they were used up, he replenished them for us

we asked for oj, skim milk and cranberry juice.

cheese for the kids and cut up fruit and berries that they serve at the buffet.

The Concierge was great when my kids needed me from the kids club. I was in transit from the spa to the pool, He tracked me down and told me to call the kids club. Luckily it was not an emergency, but he came to get me, very nice!!

Enjoy the suite life, it's worth every penny!

What I quoted above was per person per day. I knew what I meant when I typed it but didn't type it right! LOL

Harriet

Thanks Harriet. There are a bunch of us and none of us have ever been in a suite before. Most of us are giddy in anticipation.

This board is so great.

Requesting lobster tails from the MDR. :eek: It never occurred to me that we could request food that was being served in the dining room to be delivered to our cabin. Sometimes you just want to have dinner in the peace and quiet of your cabin.

- - -

Haven't seen a newspaper on NCL in years.

- - -

Robin

Regarding Newspapers - No they do not have the real paper newspaper - - -

But if you go to the ships internet café or whatever they call that venue an

electronic version of most Major newspapers is there especially the WSJ -

Wall Street Journal; the USA TODAY and perhaps the New York Times.

That is ships sailing in the North American hemisphere within reach of a

communication satellite. I have no doubt if in the European theatre that

there are some major media sources available i.e. London Times ?

I can not state that NCL would have this but Holland America did!

Won't be in Haven suite until Oct but have gleaned a few things on CC:

You can have butler bring you anything available on the ship. Just ask for menus from all restaurants to be in room from Pre-cruise Concierge. Wish had better list of snacks, but suspect they have just about anything you might think of aboard.

Remember if comes from Specialty Restaurant you will pay an upcharge.

We're asking for chocolate dipped strawberries and shrimp cocktail. But probably will change as week goes along.

Just don't work butler too much as I want him to have plenty of time to do the couple of things we want. :-)

We were on the POA last week and had an amazing butler. Susan saved the day for us when we were about to leave Maui. My daughter had taken her phone for a quick dip in a waterfall and before I could even ask her for some rice she said she was going to go get us a bag of rice. While she was gone the same wonderful daughter of mine realized that being 45 minutes from all aboard she had left her prescription in the backpack from the same excursion. Susan to the rescue again, she had the tour company contacted and showed up about a half hour later with prescription in hand. We also had a strange request to make of her, had her find out from fellow shipmates where they went for tattoos in Kauai which she gave us a great recommendation. She made a few dinner ressies for us and booked a few excursions but we didn't use her for unpacking/packing which is no fun but my job as the mom and we never ordered any room service. It was pretty odd that we didn't really eat in our room, just drank!

We did just use the concierge for getting us on the tender and that was pretty much it I think.

We were on the POA last week and had an amazing butler. Susan saved the day for us when we were about to leave Maui. My daughter had taken her phone for a quick dip in a waterfall and before I could even ask her for some rice she said she was going to go get us a bag of rice. While she was gone the same wonderful daughter of mine realized that being 45 minutes from all aboard she had left her prescription in the backpack from the same excursion. Susan to the rescue again, she had the tour company contacted and showed up about a half hour later with prescription in hand. We also had a strange request to make of her, had her find out from fellow shipmates where they went for tattoos in Kauai which she gave us a great recommendation. She made a few dinner ressies for us and booked a few excursions but we didn't use her for unpacking/packing which is no fun but my job as the mom and we never ordered any room service. It was pretty odd that we didn't really eat in our room, just drank!

We did just use the concierge for getting us on the tender and that was pretty much it I think.

Wow, what a great butler. i hope you tipped her well!

Harriet

traveling in march and stay in a penthouse what perks can i expect??? what did u use butler and concierge for???

Here is an easy answer:

The butler can help you with any requests regarding "inside" your suite, and the concierge can help you with stuff on the rest of the ship plus shore excursions...:p

The perks question has been asked and answered here hundreds of times.

A search of NCL perks will give you what is available for each category.

As to use of butler and concierge: The butler showed up shortly after boarding. Explained everything in suite. Showed us how coffee machine worked. Took note of requests for beverages, depending on suite level.

Cleaned out refrigerator to make room for other things. Came by during day to refresh coffee, fruit, etc. Brought afternoon snacks. Served at least two meals in-suite. Brought wine left in suite to dining room at dinner a couple of times. And just made a point of checking on our welfare.

The concierge or his assistant was always available during breakfast each morning. Made last minute reservations for MDR and specialty restaurants.

Stopped by a couple of times while we were dining. Recommended excursions and reserved them. Took care of getting spa passes. Made reservations for chef's dinner. Met us each morning to facilitate (secret passage) getting off ship. Met us onshore to get us on tender. Arranged bridge tour. Arranged for us to see Garden Villa prior to debarking.

When did sail? My sister (11 years old ) would love a bridge tour.

Yeah totally agree with you here. We are set to be first time butlered guests (first time in a full & proper suite) on Getaway, and I came to this thread actually looking for actual information but unfortunately over half the "responses" are people who think it is a better idea to spend 10 minutes putting a "why don't you search for butler threads" post, when they can spend less than 5 minutes ACTUALLY PROVIDING RELEVANT INFORMATION. IMHO (and I'm not afraid to say what everyone is thinkin here) its that kind of thing that shows the true colors of of many (but not necessarily all) of those cruisers that do stay in nothing less than suites/Haven on every cruise. We've never done this suite/Haven thing before, and are doing it to celebrate our 5th anniversary, but I seriously hope I don't have to mingle with people who carry themselves like that while I'm in the Haven. :rolleyes:

Agree!

Wow, what a great butler. i hope you tipped her well!

Harriet

Yes we tipped her well. She had stopped by the room the morning we were disembarking and she thanked us very much. She took a picture with our girls to and gave us all hugs goodbye. She really added a special touch to our vacation.

Not entirely accurate. Many, many times we have had our butler get various desserts and apps from up-charge venues, never a charge. We have never tried to get a 'free' entrée, nor would we.

Have you ever used the pre-concierge number to send them a list or anything? I have really bad allergies, and pretty much need to have a feather free room. I already have informed the access desk (as I do on all of the ressies). Is it necessary that I inform the pre-concierge as well?

Have you ever used the pre-concierge number to send them a list or anything? I have really bad allergies, and pretty much need to have a feather free room. I already have informed the access desk (as I do on all of the ressies). Is it necessary that I inform the pre-concierge as well?

Better safe then sorry. Call. Would increase chances of it happening.

Again, I cannot tell you from experience but from what I have read on this site: but I would definitely tell the Pre-Concierge about your needs.

Don't forget that other bedding may have feathers not just the pillows.

Pre-Concierge Desk: 855-625-4283

I don't have a general email for concierge just from the person I am dealing with.

Not entirely accurate. Many, many times we have had our butler get various desserts and apps from up-charge venues, never a charge. We have never tried to get a 'free' entrée, nor would we.

Thanks LMB: will add this to my list. But understand that is a possibility they might charge my acc't.

Edited by MRBOOKEND

Is this for real?

I don't get it. Sorry.

~Robin

Everyone has a different reason for wanting someone to do something for them: Some may like that others change the oil in their car for them; or have someone do the spring cleaning or do a major landscape project or a bunch of other things.

The butler provides a service and gets compensated for it. Just like I am planning on having the NCL staff clean the cabin, bathrooms and make the bed, even though I am capable.

Edited by MRBOOKEND