Suggestions for Carnival

Giantfan13

PLEASE!!! return to more (western) Mexican ports other than just Cabo and PV!.....Mazatlan (other cruise lines are now calling on Mazatlan again!), Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo, La Paz......PLEASE Carnival!!! :)

I would like to see one of the Newer ships out here in Ca with the Slides and Seaside Theater. I loved the Splendor

I didn't know they had Sugar Free Cocktails - what kinds do they have? That would be a good suggestion for me as well. I can't have the sugary ones that I love anymore. :(

That's my suggestion, they don't. I'm thinking about bringing my own SF maragrita mix on board and hand it to the bartender and say "tequila only." "Skinny Margarita" mix is good - zero calories, no sugar, it works for me.

That's my suggestion, they don't. I'm thinking about bringing my own SF maragrita mix on board and hand it to the bartender and say "tequila only." "Skinny Margarita" mix is good - zero calories, no sugar, it works for me.

If you ask for your Margarita "flat" it's made with lime juice instead of sour mix,it's not as sweet but there are far less calories and less sugar.

Edited by mymirabella

I wish Carnival had better port times on cruises from New York. I was going to book the Splendor Eastern but these port times stink:

After 2 sea days:

San Juan 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm - Why? The forts and most things to do are closed or will be closing! After 2-1/2 days at sea??

St. Thomas - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm - Too short of a time in St. Thomas. I'd never want to venture far, it's not a small island to get around and enjoy the beach, etc.!

Grand Turk - 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm - It's a beach spot, I don't want to get to the beach late afternoon!

Then 2 more sea days!

So, we went with this itinerary. Although Nassau could be eliminated for something more exciting, at least the port times make getting off the ship enjoyable:

Grand Turk - 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Half Moon Cay - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Nassau - 7:00 am - 4:00 pm

__

Would like to see St. Maarten added!

Hmmm...suggestions for Carnival? I've got a few....

1. Bring back the FCC's

2. Put a reggae band back on Lido

3. Put an appropriate ship back in NY - ALL YEAR LONG!

4. Do longer cruises out of NY ... other cruise lines are doing (or have done) 9 days, 10 days or 11 days out of NY

5. Add some new & exciting ports

What suggestions would you make to Carnival to 'improve' the cruise experience.

Hi :)

Move the location of the Serenity section away from the mini golf course on many

Carnival cruise ships.

And take a tip from the Sanctuary section on Princess cruise lines and charge a small

fee for the ability to reserve a Serenity location to fully escape for a half day or full day.

Also, having a variety of special drinks and snacks created exclusively for the Serenity

section would be a nice touch too.

And of course, discontinue voyages to Nassau, Freeport & Port Canaveral..

:)

Bigger venue for the comedians. We tried several times on our last 2 cruises, getting there as much as 45 min before the show and couldn't even get in the door.

Also the water slides, they're a blast but my feet were burned to a crisp walking barefoot and up the stairs to the top of the slide. Yeah you can wear your sandals but too dangerous to keep them on while going down the slide and once you've "landed" if you left them up top...well you can figure it out.

Bring a larger ship to Charleston and offer longer, more innovative itineraries than Nassau and Freeport. Both NCL and Celebrity offered wonderful itineraries from Charleston in the past. Even a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise used to be offered.

So agree with this. Also, bring a Spirit class ship to Jacksonville. Spirit and Fantasy class are the only ships that can sail from Jacksonville due to the bridge. Fantasy in Charleston and Fascination in Jacksonville are good short cruises, but you can tire of these after so many cruises.

What suggestions would you make to Carnival to 'improve' the cruise experience.

We just got off the Splendor, and if I would have one suggestion it would be to either have ONE of the dining rooms open for lunch, or extend the brunch time to at least 2:00PM. My thinking being, we had 4 sea days on this cruise and we really despise eating at the buffet. The idea of the 'brunch' is to allow one to sleep a bit later, get up and enjoy either breakfast or brunch. Fine, but if we eat at say (9:30 and that is late for us to eat breakfast, to go back at 1:00PM to try and eat a lunch is to soon. There are no other options for a sit down lunch after that. I just felt if they extended the brunch time to say 2:00, that would give those that wanted to eat both breakfast AND a lunch in the dining room, a much better option.

Since I am at it, would it be too hard to put a weather station on the TV so we could find out what the weather is going to be like that day. We get up, and have no idea if it is going to be warm, hot, rainy, showery, whatever. They give you the current temp but that's it. Wouldn't it make a bit of sense to just give you the days forecast?.

Cheers

Len

Nice thoughts, but Carnivals business model is to insure customers get less, not more. By increasing the times, for example, more people like yourself will eat two meals. That defeats the purpose of taking away options.

I had already planned to bring some of the Slimstix brand mixes with me. I have Margarita but also have the Cosmo and Lemon Drop ones too and those are also pretty good. I don't know if I will order a bottle of tequila or vodka from Bon Voyage or just go to a bar and order a shot with lemon or lime and a glass of ice water from the bars to mix my own.

Yes, PLEASE! Need ear plugs on Lido now. Can't talk to the person next to you.

We had a M & G on the 1st leg of our B2B near the mid-ship bar on Liberty and it was so loud I couldn't stay long because I was getting a headache.

[B]Improve the buffet layout[/B] to eliminate long lines and bottlenecks. The buffet during breakfast and lunch is chaotic and the lines are long (and this leads to rude behavior of people cutting in line). RCL and NCL do not seem to have near the problem. They have lots of small stations through the buffet dining ares, whereas Carnival tends to have 2-3 large "stations". It is a pain to have to wait for the people in front of you to fix a salad, when you are waiting for what is beyond the salad area. Also, RCL has [FONT=Verdana][B]staff walking around serving drinks[/B][/FONT], so you don't need to leave your stuff at a table walk back to get your drinks. My buffet experiences on other cruise lines have always been superior to my experiences on Carnival.

[quote name='PatchesPal']PLEASE!!! return to more (western) Mexican ports other than just Cabo and PV!.....Mazatlan (other cruise lines are now calling on Mazatlan again!), Acapulco, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo, La Paz......PLEASE Carnival!!! :)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree...Please, Please, Please!

[quote name='cv322']Hmmm...suggestions for Carnival? I've got a few....

1. Bring back the FCC's
2. Put a reggae band back on Lido
3. Put an appropriate ship back in NY - ALL YEAR LONG!
4. Do longer cruises out of NY ... other cruise lines are doing (or have done) 9 days, 10 days or 11 days out of NY
5. Add some new & exciting ports[/QUOTE]

I would be happy with this! Any ship out of NY besides the Splendor, and longer cruises to different destinations :cool:

Well here is my list:

Different itineraries out of Baltimore.
Different itineraries that do not include Nassau.
Alternate the itineraries out of San Juan. There are so many other ports in the Southern Caribbean. Would make a nice B2B cruise.
Bring back the Grand Midnight Buffet, loved that on my first 3 cruises.
Bring back the FCC's.

[quote name='joeyancho']My suggestion. Get rid of the booming, annoying music on deck. Please!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree! You can not even sit near the pool anymore and have a conversation. I know that they are trying to appeal to a younger market, but the last cruise that I was on, the majority of guests were over fifty, many (like myself) 60+. It was loud, annoying, and inescapable.