what kind of clothes for an Oceania cruise

6663KS

Since you asked, I'll answer.

I tend to be on the conservative side in terms of "desired attire" although people who see me might not think so! (It's more that I'm casual, but not daring. Is that clear? For dinners I tend to wear a long black skirt or split skirt with some sort of fancy-ish blouse or shirt.)

If you have a longer tunic (it seems to be the case from what you said) someone like me would not object to your leggings at all. But it *does* bother me to see women in leggings with a short tunic -- say, thigh length. (I see that a lot in NYC and generally it's not a pleasant sight unless the wearer is young and slender. And even then it's rather informal.)

This may just be me ... I certainly wouldn't call the maitre d' to throw you out of the restaurant! For me, if you have a longer tunic over the leggings it's fine.

Mura

Leggings? Are they possible? I have some very nice long tunics that I would normally wear with dress pants or a long skirt. But considering that the weather might be cold, do you think leggings with a dressy tunic are possible in the GDR?

The inside of the ship would probably not be affected by the weather

You may need a sweater or wrap in the restaurant if the A/C is turn up

Found on our Norway cruise the ship was very warm inside even when it was 0 outside

13 cruises on O and counting and I have never seek leggings on any R ship. It may be different on the larger ships with a more diverse and possibly younger crowd.

Too funny. We're going on our first O cruise (Insignia) in Sept. And I'm taking a pair of black leggings for evening to wear with different tops. Dresses, pants etcetc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Too funny. We're going on our first O cruise (Insignia) in Sept. And I'm taking a pair of black leggings for evening to wear with different tops. Dresses, pants etc, etc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

On our first O cruise (Marina) in September. My black leggings are definitely going with me, along with the silk tops I wear with them. Add a pair of heels and I'm ready for any dining venue! :D We love CC casual. Been there, done that with the long gowns and tux.

Thank you for the responses and I will keep them in mind. My "tunics" are really what people might call short dresses--they reach almost to the knee. In the winter here at home I wear them with leggings and in the summer with light light weight tights. As I was perusing the weather I was wondering if I could get away with the leggings.

Under a long tunic the regular dress pants get bunchy.

But I can always probably wear the leggings all day long and switch to a skirt or a long dress or formal trousers for dinner.

My policy is NOBODY sees my waist and NOBODY sees my knees and even a glimpse of ankle would be hard to come by! And most certainly--nobody sees my upper arms. You can see my elbows only at the gym....

Thank you all for your responses and the variety of opinion.

Leggings? Are they possible? I have some very nice long tunics that I would normally wear with dress pants or a long skirt. But considering that the weather might be cold, do you think leggings with a dressy tunic are possible in the GDR?

I ask because they are very easy to pack and are warmer than my dressy pants. I will abide by the court of public opinion!

YES, :) I have always worn leggings with LBD's (knee or just below length), on at least 3 cruises in the evenings. I even wore them in 2013 on the Nautica when we were invited to join the Captain and others for dinner - All good! They allowed us back on the Regatta this year:D