Advice on Oasis needed please

Ms Jo UK

I'd choose deck 12 so as not to be right under the pool deck. I'd also choose Central Park because I think it would be quieter.

Agreed. We've been in a CP balcony and loved it. I've read a lot of reviews here where people complained about noise in a Boardwalk balcony.

If you could only afford either a boardwalk balcony or a central park balcony wich would you choose and why? Also if the choice was deck 12 or 14 wich would you choose?

Grateful for any advice I can get.

TIA

Jo

Choose the Central park location. It's beautiful and Quiet. There have been some posts here about the noise factor from the Aquatheater.

Definitely choose deck 12. 14 has noisy public areas above. Where 12 has only cabins both above and below, a definite plus for quiet sleep.

12 Boardwalk. We have deck 11, the very last stateroom (aft) overlooking the Boardwalk on our upcoming cruise.

I chose this stateroom simply because I wanted the experience of looking at the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk while also being able to look out at the sea.

I know that this won't be the quietest of staterooms, but that's not why I chose it. I've had many, many "regular" balconies, and I am looking foward to a change of pace.

I would pick Deck 12 Central Park because it will be quieter.

Something to think about: Are inside staterooms still available? I know the allure of a balcony is awesome to some, but a balcony in either Central Park or Boardwalk will not be private like it would be facing the ocean. Also if an interior room is cheaper, what could you spend the money you'd be saving in an interior room on? :D

If you could only afford either a boardwalk balcony or a central park balcony wich would you choose and why? Also if the choice was deck 12 or 14 wich would you choose?

TIA

Jo

A boardwalk balcony is going to be louder than the central park balcony. This is especially important to keep in mind if you have little ones that require naps during the day. The boardwalk balcony will offer you spectacular views of the water/diving shows if you can get a balcony close enough. When my husband and I stayed in a boardwalk balcony, we would watch the water shows from our balcony and liked it but I have no desire to stay in a boardwalk balcony again. Aside from the water shows, it was a bit more noisy than what I prefer. After being at a port in the hot sun and wanting to come in and take a nap, I found the boardwalk was too loud to actually relax. I would have much rather prefered having a view of the ocean than hearing the carousel and screaming/crying kids.

In my opinion, the central park balcony would be quieter which is more appealing to me. It's also absolutely breathtaking. However, I will say that nothing beats an ocean balcony.

TIA

Jo

Definitely deck 12 either way! Do you like peace and quite or being in all the action? The answer to that question will solve your cabin decision lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your responses. I always have had an Ocean view balcony in the past but this time I simply can't afford it. I will heed the advice of the majorityand will choose a deck 12 Central Park balcony as I prefer the idea oftranquility.

Now I just have to pluck up the courage to pull the trigger. As this is much earlier than I would normally book, the cruise is not until Septrmber 2015 but with all the buzz on Anthem I decided I would look at pricing and decided Anthem was way too expensive for the Itinaries they offerred and looked at what was available on Oasis and liked the price so this is where I am at.

Now just got to try and give up smoking before Sept 2015 lol.

Thanks again

Jo

Thank you all for your responses. I always have had an Ocean view balcony in the past but this time I simply can't afford it. I will heed the advice of the majorityand will choose a deck 12 Central Park balcony as I prefer the idea oftranquility.

Now I just have to pluck up the courage to pull the trigger. As this is much earlier than I would normally book, the cruise is not until Septrmber 2015 but with all the buzz on Anthem I decided I would look at pricing and decided Anthem was way too expensive for the Itinaries they offerred and looked at what was available on Oasis and liked the price so this is where I am at.

Now just got to try and give up smoking before Sept 2015 lol.

Thanks again

Jo

No view but of your neighbors in cp and there can be noise from pools above in cp just like bw. With the balcony door shut we never heard noise in our boardwalk cabin. We loved having the ocean view and seeing the shows from our balcony. Either way deck 12 for sure!