drinks during dinner in MDR

abigailsgma

Can anyone please tell me what drinks you can get during dinner? Which ones are free and which have a charge?

Water (regular tap, not the bottled/sparkling water they will offer), milk, tea (hot and cold), coffee (regular, not specialty), and lemonade (at least in the buffet - not sure about the dining room) are all included in the cruisefare.

Anything else will have a charge.

All bar drinks (beer, wine, cocktails, sodas, etc.) are also available, for the usual charge, of course, from the wandering bar servers. You may have trouble finding one of these sometimes elusive beverage servers, though.:rolleyes::p

Can anyone please tell me what drinks you can get during dinner? Which ones are free and which have a charge?

Anything with alcohol will have a charge, as will specialty coffees, pop, and most juices. Of course, if you have purchased the Cheers program (15 alcoholic drinks per day) or Bottomless bubbles (pop) these are honoured in the MDR.

Water, lemonade and iced tea are all free. They have the same drink station in the MDR (for the waiters use) as on the Lido deck. Also free are normal coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.

Yes fruit juices are free during breakfast. Never been on a ship with the brunch but I assume the same. Btw the dining room has a much bigger selection of juices than the buffet.

As mentioned it's nigh on impossible to get a bar server during dinner anymore so if you want something you better order it the first time you see them. They WON'T be back otherwise! And you get your soda/pop from the bar waiter too, not your regular waiter/waitress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do happen to get a visit from one of the elusive MDR bar servers, an extra tip added onto the automatic 15% will go a long way to ensuring they come back to check on you at least a couple times every night.;) Then it is likely that your glass will never be empty until you tell them you're done.:cool:

If you do happen to get a visit from one of the elusive MDR bar servers, an extra tip added onto the automatic 15% will go a long way to ensuring they come back to check on you at least a couple times every night.;) Then it is likely that your glass will never be empty until you tell them you're done.:cool:

The tip will almost always work, but, I've had them coming by several times just by calling them by their name. At the end of the meal I make a point of telling them that I'll see them the next night.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The tip will almost always work, but, I've had them coming by several times just by calling them by their name. At the end of the meal I make a point of telling them that I'll see them the next night.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, we do that too.:) Hmmm... now you've got me wondering if it's the way we interact with them or the extra tip (or, maybe both) that keeps them coming back and providing us with such excellent service.:o:p

However you manage it, establishing a good 'business relationship' with a good drink server can make your cruise experience much more enjoyable.;):D:p

The MDR dinner menu lists these beverages:

Freshly brewed coffee, regular and decaf

Milk

Skimmed milk

Iced, hot, and herbal teas

MDR Breakfast/ brunch juices:

Orange

Grapefruit

Pineapple

Apple

Tomato

Prune

Edited by Spiralshell

So very true! Being polite and giving up a smile and saying, "Please and Thank You" also go a long way. You'd be surprised how many people don't mind their P's & Q's and aren't polite!:eek:

The one thing you want to have in the MDR and the buffet area also is patience. Keep in mind that you're not the only one that wants a drink and the poor guy/gal can only go so fast.:D

Yes, we do that too.:) Hmmm... now you've got me wondering if it's the way we interact with them or the extra tip (or, maybe both) that keeps them coming back and providing us with such excellent service.:o:p

However you manage it, establishing a good 'business relationship' with a good drink server can make your cruise experience much more enjoyable.;):D:p

I have noticed that if you don't order a drink from them on the first and second night, it's rare that they will even come by your table from then on. As luck woould have it, on the third night I might want one and nobody shows up to take the order.