Question about Blu on Reflections

Sun&Sand52

I have seen some photos of Blu on the Reflections that make it look like the tables are extremely close together. Just DH and myself so we will be at a table for two. Some of the online photos I have seen make it look like you can barely get in between the tables to be seated. Maybe it is the same in the MDR too, not sure.

We were in AQ on the Solstice and the Eclipse and the table were close also, but I don't think they were this close. On our past cruises, Blu was a very nice, more intimate dining experience. But since Reflections has added about 100 more passengers that I think will be dining in Blu, I am wondering if it will be much more crowded in Blu than on the other S Class ships?

Anyone know about this?

We have cruise on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection and thought the experience in Blu was less than satisfactory on Reflection.

The wait for a table was a little longer but not bad at rush hour, but the service was AGONIZINGLY slow. I'm not exaggerating that it might be 15 minutes after you finish your appetizer before anyone would stop by the table to remove the dishes. The next course wouldn't arrive for awhile after that.

The staff was flying around the room, so it wasn't that they were goofing off, and sometimes we saw waiters in specialty uniforms helping out, but it was just not a good experience.

We have dined in Blu before so please don't think we wanted a "fast food" experience.

We sometimes walked out before dessert because it just wasn't going to be served in any kind of normal time frame. After awhile we started looking for somewhere else to eat.

We first tried Blu on the Eclipse. After a very sticky start and a stuck up unbend able maître d who was 'sorted out by an american

( bless him) with a lot of experience in Blu we learnt to love it.

Yes, the tables are close however, no more so than areas of the MDR. There are ' more romantic ' area's towards the back where a secluded meal is possible particularly early on in the evening i.e before 8pm.

May I recommend the closer tables because;

A) you can meet some very interesting people,

B) most cruisers are well mannered and will just exchange a greeting if that is all people wish to do.

C) you may meet people you enjoy spending time together and this can add to your cruise experience.

D) the tables in the window area have the best views.

IMHO the Reflection has the best Blu experience we have had so far because the staff were wonderful.

Thanks for the replies. :)

I guess it could be hit or miss as far as service and crowding. I just keep thinking that with the additional passengers that will be served in Blu on the Reflections, it would be crowded and slow service. Not sure why Celebrity didn't increase the seating capacity or actual amount of space in Blu more that what they actually did - which I think was just a few feet. Oh well, if I can snag a good price on AQ then I will book it. Don't really think it is worth the current $500 difference between a standard balcony and AQ though.....

I'm going on my first cruise. Does Blu do formal night too or is that just in the MDR?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The dress code in Blu is smart casual and above every night. You do not have to dress up for Blu on formal night but you are certainly welcome if you do. Formal night is only observed in the MDR>