Making a decision booking Caribbean for 2015

Thebes

Hello cruisers,

Now that we're settled and we bought the FCD's on our cruise which ended on 2/23 visiting Caribbean islands in the east&west itineraries on the Eurodam( Hope you read my rev). It is time to choose different islands for 2015. We're split between the 10 day on Noordam with the ABC islands and the 11 day Noordam visiting ST.kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maartin and Barbados. Has any of you sailed both itineraries ? And which one you prefer ? Which one you think is more fun ?

Your comments and your time discussing this subject would be greatly appreciated. I do know I have come to the right forum asking this type of question. Thank you in advance :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It might be a good idea to check out the Ports of Call forum. There's TONS of info on each of the ports. That will give you the opportunity to find what appeals MOST to you before you choose your next cruise. That's what we do -- find which itin has the more-interesting-to-us ports. IMHO that isn't a decision you can SAFELY rely on others to make for you. :)

It might be a good idea to check out the Ports of Call forum. There's TONS of info on each of the ports. That will give you the opportunity to find what appeals MOST to you before you choose your next cruise. That's what we do -- find which itin has the more-interesting-to-us ports. IMHO that isn't a decision you can SAFELY rely on others to make for you. :)

Thanks Cowprincess. Not trying to have someone make a decision for me at all. Just trying to collect some useful comments from first hand experienced cruisers on this wonderful forum :)

We did the Noordam 10 day this year along with the 11 day on the Maasdam. We've done that itinerary twice as a Collectors Cruise and loved it. I would suggest that if you can't decide between the two. If you can only do one, the decision is up to you. We're all different with what appeals or not.

Hello cruisers,

Now that we're settled and we bought the FCD's on our cruise which ended on 2/23 visiting Caribbean islands in the east&west itineraries on the Eurodam( Hope you read my rev). It is time to choose different islands for 2015. We're split between the 10 day on Noordam with the ABC islands and the 11 day Noordam visiting ST.kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maartin and Barbados. Has any of you sailed both itineraries ? And which one you prefer ? Which one you think is more fun ?

Your comments and your time discussing this subject would be greatly appreciated. I do know I have come to the right forum asking this type of question. Thank you in advance :)

I did both last March as a Collectors cruise. I like the 11-day, as in my opinion the islands are more scenic. As a matter of fact, I just today put down a deposit for the 11-day on the Noordam sailing 9 March 2015. Can't get enough of a good thing! :D

We just were on the 10 day Noordam ABC itinerary and thought it was great. If you enjoy snorkeling or diving Bonaire is AMAZING! Also the ABC's have the very Dutch flair going. The islands were desert like (as in dry, rocky, cacti, etc). I think the other itinerary has more mountainous/lush type islands. Maybe consider what types of landscape you prefer?

I asked a Club HAL counselor which itinerary she preferred. When her parents were trying to decide between the two, she recommended the 10 day ABC itinerary.

Obviously, you can't make a "bad" decision when it comes to these two itineraries!

We just were on the 10 day Noordam ABC itinerary and thought it was great. If you enjoy snorkeling or diving Bonaire is AMAZING! Also the ABC's have the very Dutch flair going. The islands were desert like (as in dry, rocky, cacti, etc). I think the other itinerary has more mountainous/lush type islands. Maybe consider what types of landscape you prefer?

I asked a Club HAL counselor which itinerary she preferred. When her parents were trying to decide between the two, she recommended the 10 day ABC itinerary.

Obviously, you can't make a "bad" decision when it comes to these two itineraries!

Thanks for sharing this. I do however prefer lush/green looking islands. Just like my home state.

The ABC islands are something different than the rest of the Caribbean, We've been to Aruba and Curacao twice, and would go again.

It's better than the standard, eastern Caribbean cruises.

Edited by Typhoon1

You see how mercyless is a hook of FCD!

Instead of enjoying the variety of sea travel you now have to limit yourself to a few options just to save some $$.

I never do so.

Freedom of choice is my benefit. With this freedom I am normally able to find a good offer that would surpass possible benefits of FCD.

I wouldn't step down from the Signature class to older Vista ships.

What I would do - save FCD for Transatlantic or Mediterranean - this time on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

If you want islands - try Princess (Ruby, Emerald, Crown, not Grand) from FLL or Celebrity from San-Juan.

RCI Allure of the Seas is always among the two best options no matter where she sails.

Enjoy your cruises!

Edited by cruisetrail

Both of the itineraries are great and the Noordam has a lot of fans :D

I would probably opt for the 11 day. Curacao on the 10 day is beautiful to sail into and a beautiful island but the islands on the 11 day are intriguing as well. We loved St. Marteen and St. Lucia.

I think either itinerary is fine in all honesty.

The Vista ships can be a very nice adventure - there is nothing wrong with sailing on them. :D

You see how mercyless is a hook of FCD!

Instead of enjoying the variety of sea travel you now have to limit yourself to a few options just to save some $$.

I never do so.

Freedom of choice is my benefit. With this freedom I am normally able to find a good offer that would surpass possible benefits of FCD.

I wouldn't step down from the Signature class to older Vista ships.

What I would do - save FCD for Transatlantic or Mediterranean - this time on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

If you want islands - try Princess (Ruby, Emerald, Crown, not Grand) from FLL or Celebrity from San-Juan.

RCI Allure of the Seas is always among the two best options no matter where she sails.

Enjoy your cruises!

Thanks cruisetrail. We were thinking about transatlantic the other day. Funny you mentioned it. Have you done one before ?

I know you're not a fan of other ships. But vista does have a hydropool and cabanas. We can actually book 4164 huge balcony. I believe that HAL deliver a pretty good product for the $ spent on sig and vista ships. What you think ?

Love to do the 14 day celebrity eclipse southern itinerary but all the aqua class suites are sold out :(

Now using FCD with the ZPM promo makes it all yummy :)

My thoughts about what you have mentioned.

Signature class ships actually deliver best product for $ (not good but best).

Signature ships are in a different league vs Vista ships due to sun/pool deck improvements and Tamarind & Silk Den.

Eclipse is the best Celebrity ship but I personally would not survive there more than one week - upscale floating nursing home by design.

No comparison with HAL first class amenities.

Aqua class is a gimmick. A regular cabin with good location + specialty dining is way to go.

Transatlantic as a word from capital "T" belongs exclusively to the Queen Mary 2.

Other ships do repositioning cruises.

I dare to put "transatlantic" next to HAL Signature ships because they are closest (after Cunard) to what ocean liners used to be. Unfortunately I have no time for TA cruise on HAL.

There are no bad ships because cruising is a pleasure. But some ships are more pleasant than other. :)

Choose what you like and enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this. I do however prefer lush/green looking islands. Just like my home state.

Then the ABC islands aren't for you..they are dry and arrid...beautiful, none the less, but not lush. The 11 day Caribbean, but better yet, the Mediterranean if you want lush/green. Book it and don't look back.

Edited by innlady1