Eos

I've been on the Explorer twice in the last two years. First was a five day to Bermuda in a Junior Suite. The second was a nine day Caribbean cruise in a Grand Suite. Explorer is a great ship. It is indeed well maintained even though it is obviously time for a "spruce up". Love the Royal Promenade. The cigar lounge is a much welcome feature which is surely a thing of the past. I live 30 minutes from Bayonne so that although the itinerary is not great, not having to fly is a beautiful thing. My one complaint is that my DW and I enjoy the specialty restaurants, and one is not enough, especially on the nine day itinerary. I'm sure that after the refurb the Explorer will be better than ever.:)

Next Cruise: April 19 Grandeur - wahooo!

Diamond.png.d34fa4d6666792654ac6cd9a4188fdf1.png

Diamond Members

This will be our 8th time on her this March such a great ship she is big enough but not so big that you can get lost on her. Was really hoping for another voyager class ship to replace her instead of the Quantum. Don't know what to do once she is gone, can't see that kind of money on a new ship till all the bug's are worked out of her for at least a good year or two. We will really miss the Explorer when she is gone!!!!!!!!!!.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This October will be or 5th year in a row on Explorer. It will be her last roundtrip out of Bayonne & she will be sorely missed. We LOVE her & her crew & that size ship. We LOVE that she sailed just to Bermuda when we sailed on her so we would have more time to visit the island. No ship will be doing that itinerary in late October anymore after she leaves. :( this next trip will be 9 nts, but only one day in Bermuda. :( are you listening RCCL? Please bring us a similar sized ship that can dock in Kings wharf & take over Explorer's itineraries... better yet, bring back Explorer after her facelift!!! There's an idea! Bayonne can handle more than one ship. I was excited about Quantum til I saw how big it's going to be & how expensive it is. More than double the cost for a D1 cabin than Explorer. You lost us. :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I agree leave the Explorer in Bayonne,and send the Quantum over seas with the new high prices.Guess we will have to start shopping for another ship.After our cruise on the Explorer in January.

Edited by caribbean sailor

We recently had our first RCI Cruise, and it was a 10 nighter aboard the Explorer. What a great ship she is.

I wish that the Explorer would remain state-side after her dry dock, but we heard that she's going to Asia. That was the scuttlebut we heard from a member of the crew. If they can't keep her in Bayonne, at least send her to Boston. We can use another ship up here.

We recently had our first RCI Cruise, and it was a 10 nighter aboard the Explorer. What a great ship she is.

I wish that the Explorer would remain state-side after her dry dock, but we heard that she's going to Asia. That was the scuttlebut we heard from a member of the crew. If they can't keep her in Bayonne, at least send her to Boston. We can use another ship up here.

Barb, it was recently announced that she's going to Southampton, then on to Australia after her facelift. Some of her new itineraries are already available for booking, so I don't think they'll change it now.

Boston would have been nice us too. We're half way between N.Y. & Boston.

I agree leave the Explorer in Bayonne,and send the Quantum over seas with the new high prices.Guess we will have to start shopping for another ship.After our cruise on the Explorer in January.

I don't mind having quantum here in Bayonne, but it will be years before her prices come down to anything within what we're willing to pay for a vacation. I understand that there are people willing to pay those prices for a new ship, but I'm not one of them... and there are no aft corner balconies that we'll be affording, as they all appear to be huge 2 story suites. Oh well.... yes we are looking for alternatives. :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by browneyedgirlnb