Liberty Transatlantic PRICE DIVE

I just booked an inside a couple of days ago and got it for $449. Then I found that I had a Crown and Anchor coupon for $115 and they took that off. Now we'll see if I get the shareholder credit.:rolleyes:

BTW, this is the first cruise I am doing by myself. My DH passed away last year. We had done 32 cruises together. I have been trying to find the Roll Call thread for this cruise but am having no luck. Is there one?

Excited and a little scared . . .

Debbie

Great deal. You won't be able to combine the shareholder credit epithet the C&A coupon. I would suggest that you call RCI and tell them to remove the $115 C&A coupon and then send in the paperwork to get the $200 shareholder credit. You will come out $85 ahead.

I just booked an inside a couple of days ago and got it for $449. Then I found that I had a Crown and Anchor coupon for $115 and they took that off. Now we'll see if I get the shareholder credit.:rolleyes:

BTW, this is the first cruise I am doing by myself. My DH passed away last year. We had done 32 cruises together. I have been trying to find the Roll Call thread for this cruise but am having no luck. Is there one?...

Debbie

Debbie: Roll Call is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1816998&page=25 Hope to see you there.

C&A coupon is NOT supposed to be combinable with Shareholder (but you can hope they screw up). If you are turned down, you should be able to decline your $115 C&A discount and replace it with the $200 Shareholder OBC (I have never actually done that).

As far as I know the C&A coupon discount is combinable with Special Rates (eg 55+ [i have not seen Special Rates on this cruise]), Future Cruise OBCs and with OBCs that come solely from a Travel Agent, but not with other discounts.

good luck

Thom

Thanks. Funny how one has selective memory sometimes. I did the Liberty crossing last April and had not at all recalled the 75 day final payment.

This year I planned to book it last minute as I had the opposite problem of not being 'allowed' to pay the upgrade to a balcony last year as they made the best price drops for 'new bookings only' But it now seems work is going to get in the way of cruising.

It was a fantastic sailing at least.

75 days is the US policy, it may have been different if you booked elsewhere. e.g. It's 57 days in the UK regardless of the cruise length.

Starting Monday you can get an inside cabin for just $489 and you could also get a shareholder OBC of $200 with that.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Hi,

Have tried a number of times to get onto that site. Can't seem to do it. Only from this direct link. What's the trick? Or what is the exact website?

Thanks so much.

NJ :)

Debbie: Roll Call is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1816998&page=25 Hope to see you there.

C&A coupon is NOT supposed to be combinable with Shareholder (but you can hope they screw up). If you are turned down, you should be able to decline your $115 C&A discount and replace it with the $200 Shareholder OBC (I have never actually done that).

As far as I know the C&A coupon discount is combinable with Special Rates (eg 55+ [i have not seen Special Rates on this cruise]), Future Cruise OBCs and with OBCs that come solely from a Travel Agent, but not with other discounts.

good luck

Thom

There was a 55+ rate on this cruise on Feb. 24th. Our travel agent would not allow us to combine savings certificate with this. Took SA off pre 55+ rate. Hope this was correct.

Thanks.

Hi,

Have tried a number of times to get onto that site. Can't seem to do it. Only from this direct link. What's the trick? Or what is the exact website?

Thanks so much.

If you don't have the link just google creative.rccl

It will bring up a number of different pdf's, the RCI one is usually the first.

Once you open it then do a quick link from your desktop. It will automatically update with the new sale every Thursday afternoon.

There was a 55+ rate on this cruise on Feb. 24th. Our travel agent would not allow us to combine savings certificate with this. Took SA off pre 55+ rate. Hope this was correct.

Thanks.

Seniors, military and resident rates are actual rates that vary by sail date and are not a set percentage or $ amount off. The C&A savings certificates are combinable with those rates at least they are if you book direct through RCI. I suspect that your TA is not allowing this as it would lower their commission. I would call back and re ask.

Seniors, military and resident rates are actual rates that vary by sail date and are not a set percentage or $ amount off. The C&A savings certificates are combinable with those rates at least they are if you book direct through RCI. I suspect that your TA is not allowing this as it would lower their commission. I would call back and re ask.

Thanks Ken.

This was a past guest rate. I did question the TA as to why the $115 savings cert. amount was not taken off the past guest rate & he said it couldn't be combined. He also said there was no OBC as they weren't making any money on the cruise & he could not put us in a group to get an OBC.

Ok. Do you think we should follow up on this - booked cruise on Feb. 24th. Would we ask for the Manager? Or call RCCL?

Thanks Ken.

This was a past guest rate. I did question the TA as to why the $115 savings cert. amount was not taken off the past guest rate & he said it couldn't be combined. He also said there was no OBC as they weren't making any money on the cruise & he could not put us in a group to get an OBC.

Ok. Do you think we should follow up on this - booked cruise on Feb. 24th. Would we ask for the Manager? Or call RCCL?

The past guest rate and the C&A savings certificate are the same thing. The TA is just using different terminology so you definitely can't combine them. It's the TA's call as to whether or not they issue OBC and it is ultimately based on what you are depending as any OBC they issue is coming out of their commission.

Your call as to whether you k for a manager about the OBC but RCCL will not talk to you about this as your TA owns the reservation.

Hope this helps.

The past guest rate and the C&A savings certificate are the same thing. The TA is just using different terminology so you definitely can't combine them. It's the TA's call as to whether or not they issue OBC and it is ultimately based on what you are depending as any OBC they issue is coming out of their commission.

Your call as to whether you k for a manager about the OBC but RCCL will not talk to you about this as your TA owns the reservation.

Hope this helps.

Ok Ken. We got a pretty good price so didn't push the TA for an OBC. But on the other hand we have booked 10 cruises with the same agency in the past two years. Wonder if we should have pushed a bit for at least a bottle of wine for our loyalty??

NJ