Liberty Transatlantic PRICE DIVE

anyone interested in the LIberty May 1 transatlantic should book their balcony today. A D1 is $1992 with the drink package. We Paid $2946 for it and can NOT get RCCL to honor any kind of credit to us for our early booking and final payment being made after many many cruises with them. Our UK friends paid $2000 with paid grats for a E2 and at least got upgraded today for what i paid $3000. The didn't even offer that to us.

Yes, i am holding many sour grapes at the moment but hope that those of you on the net tonight get a DEAL! Doesn't pay to be Loyal always, does it...

:(

going to make me a stiff drink. Book it Dano!

anyone interested in the LIberty May 1 transatlantic should book their balcony today. A D1 is $1992 with the drink package. We Paid $2946 for it and can NOT get RCCL to honor any kind of credit to us for our early booking and final payment being made after many many cruises with them. Our UK friends paid $2000 with paid grats for a E2 and at least got upgraded today for what i paid $3000. The didn't even offer that to us.

Yes, i am holding many sour grapes at the moment but hope that those of you on the net tonight get a DEAL! Doesn't pay to be Loyal always, does it...

:(

going to make me a stiff drink. Book it Dano!

If you're within final payment date all you can do is possibly upgrade. No more price reductions. It's been that way for awhile.

Edited by Florida Scorpion

That cruise would have hit final payment today. Would you not be able to just cancel and then re-book?

It has nothing to do with when you paid, but when the cruise hits final payment, or?

D1s went for just $699 on last April's Liberty TA after final payment and JS went for as low as $1399.

That cruise would have hit final payment today. Would you not be able to just cancel and then re-book?

It has nothing to do with when you paid, but when the cruise hits final payment, or?

D1s went for just $699 on last April's Liberty TA after final payment and JS went for as low as $1399.

Final payment is 75 days before sailing. That was February 14.

Watching prices after final payment is only a good idea if you are looking to upgrade. Otherwise you'll just be disappointed. One final payment hits, any cats with big inventory drop fairly regularly. Saw all kinds of drops for my Indy holiday cruise up to 3 says prior to sailing.

If you have just passed final payment, then you can cancel and lose only your deposit. Do the math, you might still come out ahead by rebooking. Note that you may lose your stateroom and dining preference.

Is it 57 days before sailing with you for final payment ?..I know it is in the UK.

Is it 57 days before sailing with you for final payment ?..I know it is in the UK.

It varies with the length of the cruise. The longer the cruise, the further out the final payment date is. Example being, I Vision booked for June 9, 2014 and the final is due by March 27.

Yes, Final payment was 75 days. so as you say, try for upgrade, but alas, the JS have not dropped so my $1000 premium price i paid for a D1 early is just that, a premium price. Friends in the UK paid 2047 for their E2 earlier than i booked our D1, they got free Grat with their booking and now they are in a D1 cabin, a 2950 value if you look at what they charged us.. Cruise ship pricing as no rhyme or reason. cheap early cheap late.

I like the post, don't look after final payment, it only makes you sick to see how much you paid.. Aware of all these things but i had to vent and let anyone know that had not booked a DEAL was there to be had.

Oh, too late for canceling and re-booking either. the deposit was $900 which you lose and Delta Skymiles charges $100 penalty, Oh, $1000 difference.. Now to begin packing for our Celebrity cruise next Thursday, another ship owned by RCCL pricecutters.. LOLOLOL. think it might be time for stock sell as well. You seldom get the Stockhold OBC now with your D+ discount. So if you are on my next cruise, let me buy you a drink on RCCL at happy hour in the lounge.. You know it is just a matter of time before they end that. Once they get that many of us all at that level they'll have to raise the bar or the whole ship will be free drinks.. LOLOLOLOLOL

D1 - $1812.. OMG, soon they will be paying you to go!!! no free drinks though. And if you take an inside cabin just a little over $1000 for two with taxes.. Ya'll need to book that ship and come have fun with us!!!!!!

I am cancelling my fall trip from UK, oh yea, i booked both last year, so i can get the price drop this fall. But you know, they probably have already offered the cabins to the Brits for cheap already.. LOLOLOL

Final payment is 75 days before sailing. That was February 14.

Thanks. Funny how one has selective memory sometimes. I did the Liberty crossing last April and had not at all recalled the 75 day final payment.

This year I planned to book it last minute as I had the opposite problem of not being 'allowed' to pay the upgrade to a balcony last year as they made the best price drops for 'new bookings only' But it now seems work is going to get in the way of cruising.

It was a fantastic sailing at least.

D1 - $1812.. OMG, soon they will be paying you to go!!! no free drinks though. And if you take an inside cabin just a little over $1000 for two with taxes.. Ya'll need to book that ship and come have fun with us!!!!!!

I am cancelling my fall trip from UK, oh yea, i booked both last year, so i can get the price drop this fall. But you know, they probably have already offered the cabins to the Brits for cheap already.. LOLOLOL

Starting Monday you can get an inside cabin for just $489 and you could also get a shareholder OBC of $200 with that.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Yes, Final payment was 75 days. so as you say, try for upgrade, but alas, the JS have not dropped so my $1000 premium price i paid for a D1 early is just that, a premium price.

Keep watching and maybe you will be able to upgrade to a higher category for a small fee. You never know.

Starting Monday you can get an inside cabin for just $489 and you could also get a shareholder OBC of $200 with that.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

and just to add.... The Going, Going, Gone sale is for NEW individual bookings only.

They start with insides and then move all through the categories. Last year when they got to $699 for D1s, I called and was denied. I had booked a great outside forward though.

The funny thing was when we did the CC Cabin Crawl, the FO next to mine had been given to someone who had booked an inside GTY cabin, so the easily could have used my cabin if they had allowed me to move up.

I agree with the other posts that once Final Payment Date hits the best you can hope for is an upgrade. If you booked the cruise last minute you may find that airfares will be more expensive depending on the time of your cruise.

I booked a Trans Atlantic Cruise and the fares have gone up since booking in August. I found a one way airfare from San Francisco to Brazil for $474(I have not seen this airfare again since booking) while it was a Consolidator Fare we were willing to go along with the restrictions.

I was able to book my return trip using United Miles. Again if you wait too long the miles will increase and the routings may be different. I was able to get an itinerary for 30,000 miles+$55 in taxes now the itineraries are going for 65,000 one way and $85 in taxes.

I found my Father an itinerary as he has family to visit in another nearby country and got him an airfare for $1,150 with the stopover back to San Francisco.

I booked us at good hotels. In Sao Paulo I found a Mercure for $88 per night which includes breakfast. In Santos before the cruise I got a hotel for $125 with breakfast. And in Barcelona I found us a nice hotel for $88 in the L'Example area.

What I'm trying to say is last minute travel can be good but you may end up spending more for airfare, hotels and other items. Also the choice of shore excursions, cabins, dining times can diminish.

My point is yes I may save money on the cruise but I do not want to be stuck on a flight going from San Francisco to Toronto to reach my destination in Brazil. We have a flight with a connection in Mexico City for 12 hours and used the savings to book a 5 hour tour of the city.

I was able to get us good hotels at good prices and now the rates have gone up.

If you are going to a far away destination its nice to know you have the major logistics booked. While I'm not against last minute travel I know that a lot of the savings come if you plan in advance.

I hope this helps you.

OR you can not wait until Monday and book at today's price of $429; I got that price this morning and combined it with C&A Savings Certificate of $115 AND $150 Open Booking OBC.:)

Thom

Ack, I hate it when this happens. I know it won't make the OP feel any better, but I've seen it go the other way too - we've had plenty of cruises where the early price we paid was never beaten, even after final pay. As a previous poster suggested, I make it a policy to not look at MY cabin after final pay - only the ones above my category ;)

Sorry you got caught on the wrong side of the price drop roulette wheel. :/

Priced the one way airfare back to Florida for us- almost $1800 each-:eek:

Look to international hub served by Turkish, Norwegian, Air Berlin or Emirates to get the best one-way airfare back to USA or use choice air from RCI. (IAD/IAH/JFK/ORD...) Then book separate ticket for onward domestic journey.

Norwegian on the 15th of May is just 278 euros one-way to Ft. Lauderdale or about $385. They fly the Dreamliner 787. Have had some issues with delays due to problems with that new aircraft type.

Priced the one way airfare back to Florida for us- almost $1800 each-:eek:
:confused::confused::confused::confused:Where are you looking?

ChoiceAir is selling non-stops back to MIA from BCN for well under $500. We are disembarking Liberty in Barcelona, and by choice spending a few days in Madrid. Through ChoiceAir we bought Madrid to Washington National via Newark on United for $420pp today; our choice of seats and full Frequent Flyer miles

Thom

I just booked an inside a couple of days ago and got it for $449. Then I found that I had a Crown and Anchor coupon for $115 and they took that off. Now we'll see if I get the shareholder credit.:rolleyes:

BTW, this is the first cruise I am doing by myself. My DH passed away last year. We had done 32 cruises together. I have been trying to find the Roll Call thread for this cruise but am having no luck. Is there one?

Excited and a little scared . . .

Debbie

I just booked an inside a couple of days ago and got it for $449. Then I found that I had a Crown and Anchor coupon for $115 and they took that off. Now we'll see if I get the shareholder credit.:rolleyes:

BTW, this is the first cruise I am doing by myself. My DH passed away last year. We had done 32 cruises together. I have been trying to find the Roll Call thread for this cruise but am having no luck. Is there one?

Excited and a little scared . . .

Debbie

So sorry for your loss, Debbie. I cruise solo a lot, and love it.

You will not be able to use the shareholder credit with any other benefit, and the C&A coupon is a benefit.

:)