Favorite excursion from San Juan

a private excursion - San Juan Water Tours - a small boat tour of the San Juan waterfront. The owner/guide was knowlegable and personable.

You can google them :) for more info

PS They're located/docked about a block and a half from where the cruise ships dock. It's a nice stroll through a park-like waterfront.

Edited by summersigh

I LOVE LOVE Flavors of San Juan. You walk around Old San Juan and get a lot of history of the architecture, stop at 4 unique restaurants where you have different courses of food and drinks. It takes about 2 1/2 hours, but recently they stopped doing it on MONDAYS since some of their restaurants close on Monday. I've done it several times. Always excellent.

http://sanjuanfoodtours.com

I LOVE LOVE Flavors of San Juan. You walk around Old San Juan and get a lot of history of the architecture, stop at 4 unique restaurants where you have different courses of food and drinks. It takes about 2 1/2 hours, but recently they stopped doing it on MONDAYS since some of their restaurants close on Monday. I've done it several times. Always excellent.

http://sanjuanfoodtours.com

We're sailing a month from today and was trying to think what to do in SJR. We went on their web site and it was booked and no vacancy for the day we're in port…However, sent them an email asking if they could recommend another food tasting and they emailed back and said they opened another walking tour for that day!!!! So we're booked. Really looking forward to that and thanks again for this recommendation.

Steve

on our Nordic Empress cruise in 2002 we had an afternoon flight back to the states. we had no plans and headed to airport as soon as we docked. as we got out of cab we were approached by a man who wanted to know if we wanted a private tour. I don't know why, but we said sure when he told us the price was only $60 for the four of us. as we dragged our kids and our luggage away from the terminal and towards his van we wondered if this wasn't a scam and figured we were going to get mugged. as it turned out it was the best excursion ever. we chatted the entire time about the city and the island in general. we went to one of the forts, the square and the Bacardi factory. Each stop took about an hour, and we joked about not seeing him after he dropped us off. He was always waiting for us. sometimes having a little faith and a lot of luck works out. probably would not do it again though:o