2 hour hold/phone call = upgrade to Royal Family Suite!

To those posting that you were able to apply third person free rates to an existing booking a couple of questions. After an hour on hold and my agent speaking with two supervisors as well as a conference call to Crown and Anchor I was told I would have to rebook and lose my deposit as well as my onboard credit.

Were any of you able to apply the third person free rate to an existing booking without cancelling? Did you book prior to March 1st? I was told it could not apply to an existing booking no way. We are Diamond with Royal and I pleaded my case to no avail.

Thanks

Do you have the agent's name at Royal if you kept your original booking?

What did you get? On which sailing? Tell, tell!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Denise, I am cruising on the Independence TA on May 4. I wanted to book the preceding cruise for a B2B, but the Independence 8 nighter on April 26 was just too expensive. So when the Oasis was on the Tuesday special last week, I booked that instead. So, I had a day in between Oasis and Independence, had to get a hotel (which RC no longer will pay for) and disembark and re-embark.

Yesterday there was a HUGE (as in ENORMOUS) price drop on the Independence cruise.

I called up, and they let me switch! Flipped my reservation from Oasis to Independence, 8 nights instead of 7, no lag between cruises...........AND they are refunding the price difference! :eek:

To those posting that you were able to apply third person free rates to an existing booking a couple of questions. After an hour on hold and my agent speaking with two supervisors as well as a conference call to Crown and Anchor I was told I would have to rebook and lose my deposit as well as my onboard credit.

Were any of you able to apply the third person free rate to an existing booking without cancelling? Did you book prior to March 1st? I was told it could not apply to an existing booking no way. We are Diamond with Royal and I pleaded my case to no avail.

Thanks

Are you within final payment of your cruise? I could see losing your deposit in that case because we did have to technically cancel and rebook at the current prices. Our deposit was transferred from the original cruise and applied to new booking. The booking # also changed. I do not have the agent's names, but 2 out of 3 agents we spoke to easily made the changes. One agent gave the "new bookings only" spiel, so we just called back later and talked to someone else.

Are you within final payment of your cruise? I could see losing your deposit in that case because we did have to technically cancel and rebook at the current prices. Our deposit was transferred from the original cruise and applied to new booking. The booking # also changed. I do not have the agent's names, but 2 out of 3 agents we spoke to easily made the changes. One agent gave the "new bookings only" spiel, so we just called back later and talked to someone else.

I already made my final payment but the final payment date was just yesterday.

Denise, I am cruising on the Independence TA on May 4. I wanted to book the preceding cruise for a B2B, but the Independence 8 nighter on April 26 was just too expensive. So when the Oasis was on the Tuesday special last week, I booked that instead. So, I had a day in between Oasis and Independence, had to get a hotel (which RC no longer will pay for) and disembark and re-embark.

Yesterday there was a HUGE (as in ENORMOUS) price drop on the Independence cruise.

I called up, and they let me switch! Flipped my reservation from Oasis to Independence, 8 nights instead of 7, no lag between cruises...........AND they are refunding the price difference! :eek:

Nice!! Sounds like a great b2b... what are the ports?

Wish I could join you (the first cruise is over my birthday!) - but the kids and I are driving to Ohio for a friend's wedding on May 5th, so scheduling doesn't work.

Have a great time!! Bring your cruise planning spreadsheet on the explorer so I can see your (undoubtedly awesome) cruise plans for the year.:cool:

Thanks

I booked in December on Allure for an inside category L and paid $2809 for 2 adults and 2 kids. On Saturday, I called my travel agent and was able to get the promotion price of $2025 for the same L category. The travel agent said that since we were before final payment, June, I should have no problem getting the new price. She was right on with her prediction. I believe being after final payment changes everything but it is worth calling again.

I booked in December on Allure for an inside category L and paid $2809 for 2 adults and 2 kids. On Saturday, I called my travel agent and was able to get the promotion price of $2025 for the same L category. The travel agent said that since we were before final payment, June, I should have no problem getting the new price. She was right on with her prediction. I believe being after final payment changes everything but it is worth calling again.

Did you have to cancel and rebook? I was told even if my final payment wasn't due yet they would only honor the third person free rate for new bookings.No exceptions. Looks like you were an exception. Happy you saved!

Did you have to cancel and rebook? I was told even if my final payment wasn't due yet they would only honor the third person free rate for new bookings.No exceptions. Looks like you were an exception. Happy you saved!

I don't know if the agent cancelled and rebooked or just modified the reservation but she was able to do it. She sent me a new invoice with the new price. I told her to tell royal caribbean that if they will not allow me to rebook at the lower price, I would switch to the Norwegian Geteway, as Norwegian is also having a kids sail free promotion during this time. Try again on Monday and see if you can get a different person and a better result. Best regards.

Nice!! Sounds like a great b2b... what are the ports?

Wish I could join you (the first cruise is over my birthday!) - but the kids and I are driving to Ohio for a friend's wedding on May 5th, so scheduling doesn't work.

Have a great time!! Bring your cruise planning spreadsheet on the explorer so I can see your (undoubtedly awesome) cruise plans for the year.:cool:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Labadee, Haiti; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We had to cancel and rebook. They applied everything, deposit and same cabin over to new reservation but final payment is not due yet. Did take off some offers, Firefighters discount, but it was cheaper with child free. Was on the phone holding for and hour but saved 280. not bad for an hours holding.:D

With the Kids Sail Free promo I was able to upgrade my family of 7 from 2 insides to the Royal Family Suite for about $200 total on a 3 night Enchantment cruise! It was an extremely long hold time due to high call volume right now, but I am not complaining! While I was on hold I even had a set of bunk beds delivered and assembled. :D

How to multi-task. Great job.......

I'm on hold now to see if I can get our DS free for our AOS in Aug. We do not want to chg cabins, just cost!

We are excited to have the cabin we have reserved and don't want to mess that up. We only have $100 OBC so if I can save hundreds I will gladly give that up.

Cross your toes:D

So far not so good. I've been transferred twice and now they're saying it is not available on our sailing even though it says on the RCCL website that it is.

I already had a call to our RCCL rep before I called the main #. Hopefully she will return my call. I have sent her 2 emails in the last 2wks and she hasn't replied to either one:rolleyes:

WooHoo! This is the info I come here for:D I was able to upgrade from a balcony to a Junior Suite for our 4-night cruise on the Enchantment in May (there are 4 of us) for $200 less!!! I did have to cancel and re-book, but since I'm more than 60 days out from my sail date (I believe it's 75 days for week-long cruises), there is no cancellation fee. Totally worth it! Oh, and I did get through to Crown and Anchor quicker.

I have a Royal Family Suite on hold for Enchantment. Anyone have any photos of a RFS on Vision class ships?

There will be 6 of us. Will it seem crowded?

By the way, this sailing was on the 3rd/4th free and passengers 3,4,5,6 were port/tax only. There was also 100.00 off full fare pax which was a diamond discount I think.

Claudia

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you stuck with it and made the call. We were upgraded to a RFS on a Freedom sailing in 2013 and it was awesome. I really dislike the buffet for breakfast and it was lovely to sit at the large, 6 person table on the balcony and have a room service breakfast brought each morning.

Glad you stuck with it and made the call. We were upgraded to a RFS on a Freedom sailing in 2013 and it was awesome. I really dislike the buffet for breakfast and it was lovely to sit at the large, 6 person table on the balcony and have a room service breakfast brought each morning.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have any pictures of the RFS? I booked a RFS for Nov. on Freedom for our crew of 6 and I too am looking forward to breaks on the balcony!!

We had the Royal Family Suite on Grandeur and loved it.

There were just 2 of us and I had my own bathroom-much to my wife's pleasure. This was the first cruise we didn't have stuff strewn about the room. We didn't use half of the storage space.

We had upgraded from a Grand Suite after final payment due to a price drop so we got the RFS for the same price we paid for our GS.

Pics are online on Picasa - you'll need approval-just click on the button and I'll be glad to share pics with you.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113899271670205923110/albums/5990706238358286097?authkey=CJPx5ufosN-Lcg