2 hour hold/phone call = upgrade to Royal Family Suite!

With the Kids Sail Free promo I was able to upgrade my family of 7 from 2 insides to the Royal Family Suite for about $200 total on a 3 night Enchantment cruise! It was an extremely long hold time due to high call volume right now, but I am not complaining! While I was on hold I even had a set of bunk beds delivered and assembled. :D

With the Kids Sail Free promo I was able to upgrade my family of 7 from 2 insides to the Royal Family Suite for about $200 total on a 3 night Enchantment cruise! It was an extremely long hold time due to high call volume right now, but I am not complaining! While I was on hold I even had a set of bunk beds delivered and assembled. :D

Did YOU assemble them while waiting on hold????? :eek: :p ;)

3-8 are all "free." You still have to pay taxes/fees for those passengers, about $75pp and I prepay gratuities so we paid those as well. We have 7 in the RFS, paid full price for just the first 2.

That is awesome. ENJOY that cruise!!!!!

DUR! I see where you said your family of 7! Reading these threads on my iPhone they're so tiny I can barely see LOL.

I am so excited to hear that! That means we'll be in the RFS for just UNDER what it was costing us for two D1's! I was nervous about those two rooms (we haven't been in a regular balcony in several cruises) so I am stoked! :D Taxes and fees on my sailing are $178, but I'll take it!

THANK YOU!

Edited by jmrothermel

My sister's family of 4 is sailing with us and just upgraded from a D1 to a JS (corner aft!) and is saving $100! After another 2 hour phones call..... This is one of the best sales I have seen for Royal Caribbean!

My sister's family of 4 is sailing with us and just upgraded from a D1 to a JS (corner aft!) and is saving $100! After another 2 hour phones call..... This is one of the best sales I have seen for Royal Caribbean!

I am thrilled to hear that they are not pulling the usual "for new bookings only" crud. (it DOES say that on the flyer!)

This offer is applicable to NEW bookings only. This will be enforced and no exceptions will be granted. Should existing guests elect to cancel/re-book, applicable penalties will apply based on timing of cancellation AND prevailing rates will be enforced.

I am thrilled to hear that they are not pulling the usual "for new bookings only" crud. (it DOES say that on the flyer!)

This offer is applicable to NEW bookings only. This will be enforced and no exceptions will be granted. Should existing guests elect to cancel/re-book, applicable penalties will apply based on timing of cancellation AND prevailing rates will be enforced.

Yes, I read that too, but I had seen on CC where people were successful, so I tried. Long story short....my sister called right after I did (another hour on hold) and DID receiver the "new bookings only it will cost $500 to upgrade" line. I later called back (2 hours on hold) got a different rep, explained what we wanted to do, called my sister on a 3-way line, and made all the necessary changes.

Yes, I read that too, but I had seen on CC where people were successful, so I tried. Long story short....my sister called right after I did (another hour on hold) and DID receiver the "new bookings only it will cost $500 to upgrade" line. I later called back (2 hours on hold) got a different rep, explained what we wanted to do, called my sister on a 3-way line, and made all the necessary changes.

What was the rep's name?

What was the rep's name?

Which one? ;) We've talked to 3 different ones today! I honestly don't remember any of their names. I spoke with 2 women who were both very helpful. My sister spoke with a gentleman the first time she called.

I spent a total of probably 2 hours on hold today having to make 2 different phone calls, but I now have 2 bookings on the same cruise As one is through the travel agent they wouldn't do anything for me so I called back and asked if I will be allowed to cancel the other one if it's 6 months out they said yes so I booked another one we are going on a Western Mediterranean in Sept and our 25 and 27 year old (kids )are staying in an inside cabin with us they came up free with just paying the taxes so I couldn't pass that up a savings of over $1200 for a LONG phone call!!!

One hour and forty five minutes.

But I got what I wanted - which has nothing to do with 3rd/4th berths.

:D

4hours on hold and on the phone and I've upgraded from family stateroom with ocean view to family stateroom with ocean view balcony and still paid less than I would have if I stuck to my original booking. Well worth the wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

those of you switching out your original staterooms, are you losing any OBC you may have had.?

Yes I lost my $300 OBC's that was with the "wow" booking of our Owners Suite on Freedom of the Seas for July 13th. However I am being refunded $3200.00. Holy smokes!!!!! I have same room and everything. Only thing is that all my excursion and extras have to be re-booked. Not a big deal. Make the call! Btw.. Called the regular reservation number and also called the crown and anchor number at the same time. C&A wait was shorter, just FYI.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

With the Kids Sail Free promo I was able to upgrade my family of 7 from 2 insides to the Royal Family Suite for about $200 total on a 3 night Enchantment cruise!

That's probably the best cabin exchange I've ever seen here.

Why is everyone calling and getting these giant savings?

I booked a D1 on 2/28/14 and received $150 OBC on Freedom in Oct. I started to call last night to ask them to change me from 5:30 dinner to My Time dining but didn't stay on hold long enough for a rep to come through.

So, what's the deal here that everyone is getting? Should I call up and see if they will give me an upgrade or something? But we are just 2 adults.

We are going with a group that hasn't booked yet- is there some deal with that if we booked a large suite for everyone instead of separate rooms? We'd all be adults, though- no kids.

Edited by chicy724

I also called the C & A number and got through in 27 mins. Our savings aren't as much as what's been posted so far and we're only two in each but $90/cabin for 3 balconies is worth it for me. This is for Adventure April 2015.

Great upgrade!! enjoy your cruise!:):)