Embarkation Lunch Menu

tjcletsgo

Does someone have the embarkation lunch menu? On our last cruise we went up to the Lido and the hot food was ice cold! We were on board by 12:10 and it seemed like the steam tables hadn't had time to heat up.:eek:

Everyone raves about the MD lunch so that's what we are doing on our next cruise.:p

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Janie

It may vary slightly, but the appetizers usually include a shrimp salad with avocado, there is always a pasta, usually a ravioli, for the pasta course, and a lovely salmon entrée, usually a beef entrée, such as filet, and a third selection, which we never order, so I do not remember, Dessert includes a soufflé, frequently Gran Marnier, and an apple tarte tatin, as well as a selection of ice creams. There are other items on the menu but we have our very favorites which we look forward to. Luncheon in the dining room is our tradition to start off the cruise!

On the 3/4 day Coastals on the Sapphire last month there were new menus for the Coastals and the embarkation lunch menu did not have the salmon, beef or soufflé. We will be boarding the Grand for a 10 day cruise on Wednesday and hope the usual menu is available for embarkation lunch. The other menu was not that good IMHO :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On the 3/4 day Coastals on the Sapphire last month there were new menus for the Coastals and the embarkation lunch menu did not have the salmon, beef or soufflé. We will be boarding the Grand for a 10 day cruise on Wednesday and hope the usual menu is available for embarkation lunch. The other menu was not that good IMHO :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Just off the Sapphire yesterday and it was there. ;)

Embarkation day menu from the Sapphire November 30, 2014:

page 1: http://www.flickr.com/photos/siegelsdroppings/11467050214/in/set-72157638926639436/

page 2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/siegelsdroppings/11467125156/in/set-72157638926639436/

The souffle is wonderful and no longer appears on the menu very often. The Nutella ice cream is not to be missed either. OK, my secret is out, I order more than one dessert.

Jackie

Edited by jsiegel
added link for page 2

Just off the Sapphire yesterday and it was there. ;)

Oh, this is good news! I have been concerned about reports that the salmon isn't on the menu for embarkation lunch any more -- it is so good! Hopefully this will be a consistent thing.

My husband and I boarded the Island and asked which dinning room the lunch was, to be told by numerous members of staff there was no such thing and the only option was the Horizon Court. I had had the embarkation lunch in the MDR on a previous cruise so I knew from that and from comments on here that there is a lunch in a MDR but no-one would say where it was. He was having difficulty walking but against my better judgement we tried to make it to the Horizon Court. Walking so slowly resulted in one of the doors closing on him, effectively trapping him till I pried it open.

To say it was not a good start to the cruise was an understatement so I would suggest that anyone thinking of going to the MDR rather than HC find out where it is before boarding.

It has been several years since staff members have tried to direct us away from the dining room. On the Ruby in December, however, one of the waiters made a comment about our doing back-to-back cruises since we were in the dining room for lunch. Apparently he was under the impression that only people doing them were allowed in. We were doing back-to-back cruises, but it was our first leg. Perhaps he was thrown off by our getting to the dining room so quickly after embarkation began.

Do they serve lunch in one of the MDR on embarkation day on the Coral?

Which MDR? Thanks.

One of the recent Patters lists the Provence Dining Room on deck 6 as the only one open for lunch on embarkation, and only from 12:00 till 1:00. The only other places open for lunch on embarkation are the Horizon Court, the Grill, and the Pizzeria.

Does someone have the embarkation lunch menu? On our last cruise we went up to the Lido and the hot food was ice cold! We were on board by 12:10 and it seemed like the steam tables hadn't had time to heat up.:eek:

Everyone raves about the MD lunch so that's what we are doing on our next cruise.:p

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Janie

Wait until 1:30pm to have your lunch!

One of the recent Patters lists the Provence Dining Room on deck 6 as the only one open for lunch on embarkation, and only from 12:00 till 1:00. The only other places open for lunch on embarkation are the Horizon Court, the Grill, and the Pizzeria.
Have always seen lunch from 12:00 to 1:30 on embarkation day, but it I guess it can change "for operational reasons" ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app