Which ships have Alcohol Package?

Yehootu

Got off the Sapphire a week ago and today booked the Island from LAX to FLL through the canal. I would have used a good deal of the package, and wondered what ships had the package avail, and where you'd find out if and if not, when.

Mahalo, Tim

Being an Irishman, and firmly believing in Murphy's Law, I can tell you which ships WON'T have it.. The Ruby won't have it by the 20 March sailing and the CB WON'T have it by the 15 May sailing... because we'll be on those sailings...

Unfortunately Murphy's Law rules... although the package is great (on X and NCL) as it's nice to not have to worry about your bar bill, receipts, or tips.

Edited by SheepdogGriff

Thanks for posting this, Brent! It should answer ALL questions about on which ships and explains the Alcohol Package very well! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Agreed LuLu. Took a while for the final word, but glad the mystery as been solved.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Would anyone happen to know if you can use your drink package while at Princess Cays, on the island. Or is it a cash bar. Going on the Ruby in April, and it would be worth the money if offered. so trying to decide.

Would anyone happen to know if you can use your drink package while at Princess Cays, on the island. Or is it a cash bar. Going on the Ruby in April, and it would be worth the money if offered. so trying to decide.

Yes, you can use the Alcohol Drink Package at Princess Cays ... just like on the ship. :D

Note: The "soda package" can NOT be used there but you can get a can of Coke, etc. on your Alcohol Package at no cost.

If you do not have an Alcohol Package, drinks are charged on your "cruise card" ... same as on the ship.

LuLu

~~~

Yes, you can use the Alcohol Drink Package at Princess Cays ... just like on the ship. :D

Note: The "soda package" can NOT be used there but you can get a can of Coke, etc. on your Alcohol Package at no cost.

If you do not have an Alcohol Package, drinks are charged on your "cruise card" ... same as on the ship.

LuLu

~~~

Thank you!!! I think we'll be trying it out then.

Thanks for posting this, Brent! It should answer ALL questions about on which ships and explains the Alcohol Package very well! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Still some confusion though. I just spoke with a Princess Rep and she confirmed it is still only available on 7 day or longer cruises, as the news bulletin states. However, the "Ruby March 6" thread implies otherwise, and it's a 4-day cruise.

The package includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and wine priced below $10, as well as nonalcoholic items like soda, mocktails and shakes. Also included are coffee, tea, espresso and specialty drinks. Additionally, it includes a 40 percent discount on bottled wines priced less than $100 and any food items usually included with the coffee card like crepes and gelato.

I don't think this is a bad price at all. We will be on the Ruby and are on the "9day" which is a combo of the 4 & 5 day cruise. So, that sounds good to me.

Question, the way I read it, there is really no reason to get a Coffee Card, correct? I always buy it mainly for the brewed coffee.:)

Also, 40% off a bottle of wine means why should I bring any aboard. We are usually in the $30-35 range.

The package includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and wine priced below $10, as well as nonalcoholic items like soda, mocktails and shakes. Also included are coffee, tea, espresso and specialty drinks. Additionally, it includes a 40 percent discount on bottled wines priced less than $100 and any food items usually included with the coffee card like crepes and gelato.

I don't think this is a bad price at all. We will be on the Ruby and are on the "9day" which is a combo of the 4 & 5 day cruise. So, that sounds good to me.

Question, the way I read it, there is really no reason to get a Coffee Card, correct? I always buy it mainly for the brewed coffee.:)

Also, 40% off a bottle of wine means why should I bring any aboard. We are usually in the $30-35 range.

No reason to get the coffee card if you have the alcohol package. We bought the package in December and loved it. Bottled water, mimosas, coffee drinks, wine, etc.

It doesn't make sense for them to have rolled it out on the Ruby when right now all of her sailings are short (under 7 days). I don't believe she is getting longer itineraries until she makes a Transatlantic sailing. And no, the 9 day Ruby sailings aren't 9 day sailings, they are a 4 & 5 day B2B (and thus the stop in Fort Lauderdale on day 4 or 5)...

Either way, I am glad they are rolling this out... they are absolutely lagging behind their competitors....

Today I received some info from Princess regarding 2015 Europe sailings and in it it says:

"FREE drinks package worth $56pp per day available with Caribbean Princess cruises sailing round trip from Southampton"

None of the others in Europe (Emerald, Island, Regal, Royal or Ocean) have this free offer, but it is not mentioned if it will be available to pay for.

LuLu

~~~

Just one more Note: You can use the Ultimate Soda Package for mocktails and juices on Princess Cays. Just not for soda.

Still some confusion though. I just spoke with a Princess Rep and she confirmed it is still only available on 7 day or longer cruises, as the news bulletin states. However, the "Ruby March 6" thread implies otherwise, and it's a 4-day cruise.

Its amazing, every ship is different! A t least they are consistant throughout the fleet. :eek:

Have just received the first Europe 2015 and they are including the drinks package free on sailings out of Southampton on the Caribbean Princess, lets hope its the start of something great!!!!.

This is offered by a UK TA... not by Princess. Unless you live in the United Kingdom, you'll have to pay for it. Hopefully, Princess will offer some promotions like this in the future.