Legend of the Seas

I'd like some info. on this ship. I'm debating sailing RCCL and this ship for the Norwegian Fjords next May. I've not yet sailed RCCL and am a bit concerned about this being an old ship that's been refurbished. Can anyone tell me a bit about the ship. Thanks.

I'd like some info. on this ship. I'm debating sailing RCCL and this ship for the Norwegian Fjords next May. I've not yet sailed RCCL and am a bit concerned about this being an old ship that's been refurbished. Can anyone tell me a bit about the ship. Thanks.

We were on Legend for 13 days last year on a transatlantic cruise, and I can't say enough positive about the ship and crew.

Edited by clarea

We did 30 nights - Panama back to back in November/December 2013.

I would book again tomorrow. Staff and ship were excellent.

Park café in the solarium was excellent for a light breakfast and lunch.

The beauty of the smaller ships is there are less crowds and getting on and off the ship is easy.

Pete

For cruising the Norwegian Fjords you couldn't pick a better ship. Large expanses of glass throughout, wherever you are you can see outside.

Just off the Legend and really enjoyed the ship. Great friendly and efficient crew.

I am booked on Legend OTS for a Fjord cruise this May. I did a lot of research before choosing our cruise, and here is my conclusion:

Yes, Legend is an older ship. She lacks some of the bells and whistles of the newer ships. Her staterooms look a bit dated. BUT, I'm going on a Norwegian Fjords cruise to see the fjords. I'm planning on enjoying our ports, watching the scenery go by from my balcony, and relaxing. I don't need an ice skating rink, a zillion fancy restaurants, or clubs that rock until the early morning hours. I need a small, intimate, relaxed ship with a good itinerary and a good departure port. Legend checks all these boxes for me.

We just got off her last Monday and we had a great cruise. Yes, she is a smaller ship and older but was spotless and the crew was great. Food was always good. One of our nicer trips. Did I say the crew was great.:)

We did 11 days in January and loved the ship. Below in my signature is my live review link. There are tons of pictures of the ship and my thoughts about most aspects of the Legend. If it were not for the fact of Walt's limited vacation time this year, I would have booked her again for the 10 day Caribbean cruise.

Lisa