Oceania Marina - Future Cruise Desk

annandme

Yes their is, you'll get a dollar(s) discount depending on cruise and cabin. You'll also get a obc for the cruise your on-at least that's what we got last time. Also be sure to give them your TA name so they get credit for the cruise.

Rick

Just completed a cruise on the Riviera and purchased two future cruises. The on board booking discount varies according to the particular future cruise booked. In addition, you get a $100 cruise credit on your current cruise for making a future cruise on board booking. However, if you subsequently cancel the future cruise, the $100 will be deducted from your deposit refund. Another advantage of an on board booking is that the deposit is cut in half. So the normal $750 per person deposit for most cruises is cut to $325 per person. Another option is to make an "open booking" for an unspecific future cruise which you can use to take advantage of the particular on board booking discount available at the time you book that a specific cruise using that on board deposit. However, for open future bookings, the $100 on board booking for current cruise is not offered and the deposit amount is collected in full--no 50% discount on that. Hope this is helpful.

AS explained by edgee, and they will tell you that in the sales office likewise, one is better off booking a specific cruise and then later cancelling and rolling the deposit to another chosen cruise, than booking an open cruise. One doesn't lose any of their deposito r other benes such as obc. by doing so.

It is always better to mention your TA, but they advertise up front that the TA will still get credit. When they looked up our account, at the beginnings of the last such discussions on board, the first question was ;"Do you want your current TA to get credit for any sale". They know where their bread is buttered!;)

AS explained by edgee, and they will tell you that in the sales office likewise, one is better off booking a specific cruise and then later cancelling and rolling the deposit to another chosen cruise, than booking an open cruise. One doesn't lose any of their deposito r other benes such as obc. by doing so.

It is always better to mention your TA, but they advertise up front that the TA will still get credit. When they looked up our account, at the beginnings of the last such discussions on board, the first question was ;"Do you want your current TA to get credit for any sale". They know where their bread is buttered!;)

Only thing I would add is that if you book a specific cruise on board, you are only allowed to subsequently change cruises one time…that is only one rollover of on board booking benefit to another cruise. Of course, if you do that and then decide you do not want to go on the cruise reserved with the rollover booking, you can still get your money back, you just lose the special benefit.

Edited by edgee
grammar mistake

Hi

there is a future cruise office on Marina we used it last year to book this years cruise. We (as I've now found out) mistakenly believed that the two for one deposit meant that we paid one and Oceania paid one,this is not so! You will only pay one deposit and the other is deferred until your final payment becomes due. One other caveat : if your home currency is anything other than USD watch out! The on board brochures are in USD,but our home currency is STG (GBP) the exchange rate used on board was poor and it would have been cheaper for us to wait until we got home and booked then.

But then if it's the cruise you want and you are happy with the terms book it!

Happy sailings where ever you go!

regards

Josie

Hi

there is a future cruise office on Marina we used it last year to book this years cruise. We (as I've now found out) mistakenly believed that the two for one deposit meant that we paid one and Oceania paid one,this is not so! You will only pay one deposit and the other is deferred until your final payment becomes due. One other caveat : if your home currency is anything other than USD watch out! The on board brochures are in USD,but our home currency is STG (GBP) the exchange rate used on board was poor and it would have been cheaper for us to wait until we got home and booked then.

But then if it's the cruise you want and you are happy with the terms book it!

Happy sailings where ever you go!

regards

Josie

As to charging for one or two people on the deposit: They charge only half the deposit for each person. Normal deposit on most cruises is $750, so they only charge $325 per person deposit for on board booking with all other funds due at final payment date. Money-wise, obviously, it is the same as if they charged full deposit for one person and zero for the other, but it is calculated as half for each.

if you book on board is the credit $100 per person or $100 per cabin

$100 per cabin and limited to one credit..so if you book 2 or more cruises you still get just a single $100 credit.

There is no exchange rate for GBP, that's determined by YOUR cc company. The billing is in US $.

NB: Half of $750 is $375

Hi

the price of the cruise was worked out by the tour office on Marina in STG they used their own exchange rate while I was sat in front of them and my invoice was given to me in STG. I gave my credit card and £500 STG was debited to my account. I think that you misunderstand the point I am making which is: the onboard brochures are in USD only and the tour office made the conversion to STG for the whole price of the cruise which I then accepted (not having access to exchange rates whilst on board). upon our return I checked the STG price only to find that I had not made any saving by booking on board.regards

Josie