Are we ruined?

So my wife and I just completed our second cruise this past week on the Oasis of the Seas. We had an amazing time wither another couple. This was our first time on Royal Caribbean and our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream. We really loved Oasis with all the things to do and general massive scale of everything. We would love to do another cruise next year and were thinking Royal Caribbean again since we had such a great experience this time but would like to do a new ship. My question is would going on a Freedom class ship be "disappointing" to us now that we have been on Oasis? Would there still be that wow factor of exploring the ship? We would love to do Quantum but the itinerary and port in NY are not appetizing to us. Thanks in advanced!

We've been on nearly every class of ship that Royal Caribbean has and big or small every time we step foot on one we always have that "first time" feeling. It's always magical. We loved the Oasis, but the Brilliance and Radiance had a certain classy feeling that we really liked. We also loved the Monarch and Grandeur and even the Viking Serenade back in the day. One of the best things about cruising, for me, is that feeling of awe when you first walk on. It's kind of like a "I can't believe I get to do this..." feeling.

Tom

So my wife and I just completed our second cruise this past week on the Oasis of the Seas. We had an amazing time wither another couple. This was our first time on Royal Caribbean and our last cruise was on the Carnival Dream. We really loved Oasis with all the things to do and general massive scale of everything. We would love to do another cruise next year and were thinking Royal Caribbean again since we had such a great experience this time but would like to do a new ship. My question is would going on a Freedom class ship be "disappointing" to us now that we have been on Oasis? Would there still be that wow factor of exploring the ship? We would love to do Quantum but the itinerary and port in NY are not appetizing to us. Thanks in advanced!

I love both classes and they are at the top of the line with a lot of similarities. Sometimes if you have kids, the ship differences can be magnified, but I think you said just you and your wife.

Edited by BillOh

Both the Oasis & Allure spoiled us rotten! We do Liberty each December and although Liberty is an amazing ship with a great crew & fabulous service we still miss the WOW factor on Allure/Oasis. //Maria :)

We were also on the Feb 22nd sailing of the Oasis. We did the Independence last year. We enjoyed this cruise on Oasis but will definately go back to Freedom class, still a large ship but more personal.

Loved Freedom. Will be trying out Oasis for the first time in September. Trying out Vision class in June. Have also been on Voyager and Radiance classes. Just love the whole RCCL experience regardless of ship size. It works for me. :D

We started out on one of the smaller ships, and have done all but the Oasis class. We have loved each ship, some had more, some had less. But they have all been wonderful! As a glass half-full type of gal, I think you will enjoy Freedom. It doesn't have everything that Oasis has, but there is still a lot to like! Just compare what you liked most, and I think you will be surprised!

Been on Oasis twice, but was on Voyager three times and am going on Navigator next week. Also have been on Rhapsody.

Nothing compares to the Oasis class. By far it's our favorite class of ship. That being said, we enjoy the Voyager class and hope to sail a Freedom class in the near future. I can not see returning to Vision or Radiance class, however.

We went on the Independence of the Seas with our 3 daughters. (Freedom class) we had a fabulous time and felt there was quite a bit to do. we are going on a smaller ship this month (Enchantment of the Seas) this will be the girls smallest ship but it will still be fun- just different.

We agree with tserface, we have been on every class of RCCL ship and a couple that don't exist anymore. Have to admit that Oasis and Allure were so amazing that they kind of spoil you for anything else. What that said we have book a cruise on Navigator and also like the Radiance class. We find them all exciting in there own way although we notice the redo of the Navigator removed the Champaign Bar, there were our favorite bars because they were kind of a secret and very intimate and romantic.

Bottom line is...it's all good.

My question is would going on a Freedom class ship be "disappointing" to us now that we have been on Oasis?

To avoid such direct comparisons I'd pick NCL's Epic, Getaway or Breakaway!

All mega-ships, some great entertainment, but a totally different concept/layout.

I think you will be great. I'm actually speaking on this having not been on either yet but cruised different ships and lines in general. Here is my point of view. You have already been on Oasis and you don't want to do Anthem or Quantum. Going on the Allure will be a lot like the Oasis, no? So why not try something different like the Freedom class so it doesn't feel the same?

With my two girls, I prefer anything Voyager class or bigger.

Debbie

We've been on nearly every class of ship that Royal Caribbean has and big or small every time we step foot on one we always have that "first time" feeling. It's always magical. We loved the Oasis, but the Brilliance and Radiance had a certain classy feeling that we really liked. We also loved the Monarch and Grandeur and even the Viking Serenade back in the day. One of the best things about cruising, for me, is that feeling of awe when you first walk on. It's kind of like a "I can't believe I get to do this..." feeling.

Tom

I agree with you. On my first cruise I went onboard The Serenade a Radiance Class Ship. Last year we were onboard The Navigator a Voyageur Class Ship and this year were onboard The Splendour a Vision Class ship. I agree that each ship and class has their own atmosphere.

I think too many people think that bigger is better or they have to sail the latest and greatest ship. That is fine except your bank account can really get a ding because you are paying premium for the ship. I would love to sail on the Oasis and Quantum of The Seas and will do so when I see a great itinerary and a good price.

I have flown on an Airbus 380 and Airbus 340 and don't feel bad from not always flying on the Airbus 380.

In the end go and have a fun cruise no matter what class of ship you are on. Each ship has their own atmosphere just like a hotel or resort.

We had Oasis booked for our first family vacation... up until I found the price on Freedom and we switched!!!

It was WONDERFUL on Freedom. We have sailed Oasis and loved it, but Freedom was lovely.

We are planning Adventure b2b and I am hoping that the kids love that class as much as we did when we did Voyager back in the say.

You will loooooove Freedom.

I PROMISE

Chass