Oh my goodness....HAPPY!!!!!! Best deal ever with RCCL's new promo!!!

I could cry, I am so happy!! :D I'm almost afraid to share this, like it's a dream and I'm going to wake up!

I waited on hold for over an hour earlier, which is not the part I'm happy about. But oh my goodness, did it pay off!

We had reservations for a cruise in Europe this July on the Adventure. We had a balcony room (aft balcony 7388 which we are super excited about) and an interior room.

When I saw the new promotion, I realized that I could save over a thousand dollars on my balcony room alone. I was kind of bummed, even though I was happy with what we had and would have been fine if it stayed that way. I asked some people on this board if they knew if it could be cancelled and rebooked to get the promotion and some people said they did that. (THANK YOU for the replies!) I was very, very afraid of losing our aft balcony room though, so I was unsure if I should even try.

So I called and was on hold for an hour. However, once I got a hold of someone, they told me that I could cancel and rebook and she would be sure that we kept that room. I knew we were taking the "oops, sorry, I made a mistake" risk....but the amount we stood to save was worth it.

Not only did we keep our room....we saved over $2200 on that room alone!!!!! :D Then while I hold, I realized that the deal included upgrades on some sailings. So I asked if our interior room could be upgraded to an ocean view, and how much would it cost?

It turns out, we got our interior room upgraded to a BALCONY.....and SAVED $630 over the price of the interior!!! I was in HEAVEN!!! :eek:

To make it even more amazingly amazing.....the balcony room is right next door to our corner aft balcony! So we are right next to each other, went from an interior to a balcony and saved almost $3000!!!!!!

I have checked and double checked our documents and confirmation to make sure it's true. It's true!! Holy cow, am I a happy lady!!!! Sorry for happy-venting, I just had to share.

So happy to hear that! We've had a corner aft on Freedom and Enchantment and they are amazing! I also took advantage of the special and upgraded my family to the Royal Family Suite on the corner aft of Enchantment. This is truly one of the best deals I have ever seen. I know it's not great for those who just sail as a couple, but for us, taking our 5 kids on their first cruise, it is amazing!

Haha, I think I should get a lottery ticket too! It was really that amazing. I'm glad that some other people were able to get good deals as well. That money means such a great deal for us as a larger family. :)

And no, I didn't have any OBC and I hadn't made any reservations/excursions/dining plans yet, so nothing was affected.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully this will encourage someone to stay on hold and check their prices. I almost didnt bother checking the price, thinking that it didnt matter much. Then when I had to wait an hour and a half on hold (while making and eating dinner!) I really almost gave up. I'm so glad I didn't! Good luck!

First of all, HUGE high-five for aimathy! What a fabulous outcome!

Congrats!! You will LOVE 7388 balcony. We had 7688 corner on Explorer. It is so big!! Enjoy and great you could save all that $$$$ and also upgrade your interior to a balcony for less $$$ !!

Just a note: the cabin is not larger than any other E cabin. It is the balcony that is huge.

:)

I see that now, but if this is a free kid in an existing cabin promotion, how do you upgrade on two cabins as the OP did?

They are allowing people to re-book reservations.

The promo also includes some category upgrades.

Congrats on your huge savings! We were not so fortunate.

We are on AOS, Aug 17, one of the dates included in the promo. I spoke w/3 RCCL reps. The first one said no it couldn't be done, only for new bookings, she put me through to someone else and he said nothing left on that cruise, then I called my RCCL rep back (had called her earlier and she never returned my call. She said they were not allowed to call out?? Weird.) She said I would have to rebook at the "now" price. I didn't want an upgrade as we are excited about our Aft Boardwalk Balcony, I was just hoping I could get my DS free and I didn't care about our $100 OBC if we were going to save a lot.

We checked our cruise with the 2nd rep and it had gone up about $800. By the time I called my rep back it had gone up another went up another $900. They said there were limited cabins anyway and there were no more. So this tells me that yes, they have a sale but they increase the prices. Maybe not true for all the dates/cabins but definitely true for this one!

Today, I check and now there are cabins available but it would cost $1000 more for my DS to be free. What?? That's ridiculous. Then I did it as if only 2 of us were cruising and it was $2000 less. That is a little screwy to me:confused:

I'm not willing to give up our cabin for another one b/c I know I will regret it since I have been trying to book one for a long time and finally got it (last cabin aft.) The good news is, our cruise has gone down about $800 since we first booked. DH keeps saying "but we're locked in right:eek:??" LOL

We had booked that same cabin on Adventure in the S Caribbean for 2015 and I also noticed a significant price drop...and was also able to get it applied and didnt lose my OBC (100 for booking on board) or my diamond discount or the aft cabin. So not sure what the deal with this special is, but it says "family special" on my invoice and we do have 3 in the cabin. Im speculating, but maybe all these last minute price drops are causing a stifling of early bookings and they are going back to offering good deals early again:confused:

I'm happy for you OP...I think we are going to love this cabin!!:D

Congratulations to you. What a fantastic out come. I would be super happy as well if that happened to me. Sounds like it is setting up to be a great cruise. Well done indeed.

Cheers