Pacific Pearl scores overnight in Wellington 4 March

Looks like the wild weather has given passengers on Pacific Pearl the "bonus" of an overnight in Wellington. She is now scheduled to leave at 8 am tomorrow morning.

61 MV Marina AQ Mon 03 Mar 14 13:30 Wed 05 Mar 14 18:00 1252

62 Pacific Pearl AQ Tue 04 Mar 14 07:00 Wed 05 Mar 14 08:00 1856

Pacific Pearl is also going to miss Tauranga as well and come straight to Auckland on Thursday and spent overnight here.

According to the Port of Auckland website the Pacific Pearl should get in to Auckland at around 2pm.

I have been watching Centreports webcam. Looks can be deceiving, the harbour looks calm, but then then that is because it is so sheltered. Cook Straight will be wild. I heard the ferry sailings have been cancelled for today again.I also note from the cam that a tug has been alongside nudging Pacific Pearl into the wharf . I wonder if this is because of the wind?

The storm that hit Christchurch has been described as the worst weather event since 1975.:eek:

I have been watching Centreports webcam. Looks can be deceiving, the harbour looks calm, but then then that is because it is so sheltered. Cook Straight will be wild. I heard the ferry sailings have been cancelled for today again.I also note from the cam that a tug has been alongside nudging Pacific Pearl into the wharf . I wonder if this is because of the wind?

The storm that hit Christchurch has been described as the worst weather event since 1975.:eek:

I have been watching the Pearl since before 8am NZ time (6am in Aus.) I thought the tug was there to help her leave but it appears to be just holding her in and now a second tug has arrived, maybe she is about to leave, a bit rough out there though!!

Have a view from my office and Pearl still there, Oceania ship here still as well arrived about this time 2 days ago., seemed to be a few passengers out an about in the CBD this morning. Its cold and windy and now looks like rain is starting...not nice cruising weather! and as i am about to post Pearl is pulling out...good luck out there will be a very rough days sailing.

Edited by tuffyiscruisin'

I have been watching the Pearl since before 8am NZ time (6am in Aus.) I thought the tug was there to help her leave but it appears to be just holding her in and now a second tug has arrived, maybe she is about to leave, a bit rough out there though!!

Just had a phone call from my sister on board the Pearl to say they are about to leave for Auckland now.

Just had a phone call from my sister on board the Pearl to say they are about to leave for Auckland now.

Tell her to hold on tight.....could be a wild ride.:eek:

Just checked the cam and they have left the wharf.

Heres a link to live cams at the Head....Its wild.

http://www.tourism.net.nz/listing/nztg/visitor-information/106553?from=http://www.tourism.net.nz/region/wellington/visitor-information/web-cams

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

have just been down to wharf and the Oceania Marina is still alongside but apparently is due to sail this afternoon. The weather is very deceiving here in Wellington. We are up on the higher areas in Broadmeadows and we are experiencing relative low winds companred with down on the flat. Last evening when the south coast was being buffeted around and the coastal roads were closed we had no a breath of wind. Quite ironic really as we normally get blown around when the Aucklanders and Cantabrians come to town. LOL.