Liberty of the Seas questions

I've booked a cruise on Liberty of the Seas next year and I'm worried I won't like it! I haven't seen many reviews or info here about Liberty.

Traveling with my DH, DD (5), DS (3), and my parents (both 60). We sailed on the Disney Fantasy last year and loved it and now I'm concerned the kids won't have as much fun on Liberty.

Has anyone sailed on Liberty of the Seas? Is Deck 3 noisy?

Is having 4 adults and 2 kids in 2 oceanview staterooms going to be too tight?

Are my kids going to enjoy the ship, is there enough for the "little" kids to do?

We opted for the early dining, would we be better with Anytime Dining?

Thanks in advance

Our family (9 of us with a 6 and 4 year old) were just on the Liberty 4-night. The kids and adults loved it. There wasn't enough time to do everything. Make sure that you reserve the character breakfasts. I can't comment on the cabins. But I know that you will have a fantastic time.

I would switch to anytime dining. It is easier with children.

If the OP wants to take advantage of My Family Time Dining, they have to stay with traditional early dining.

I've booked a cruise on Liberty of the Seas next year and I'm worried I won't like it! I haven't seen many reviews or info here about Liberty.

Traveling with my DH, DD (5), DS (3), and my parents (both 60). We sailed on the Disney Fantasy last year and loved it and now I'm concerned the kids won't have as much fun on Liberty.

Has anyone sailed on Liberty of the Seas? Is Deck 3 noisy?

Is having 4 adults and 2 kids in 2 oceanview staterooms going to be too tight?

Are my kids going to enjoy the ship, is there enough for the "little" kids to do?

We opted for the early dining, would we be better with Anytime Dining?

Thanks in advance

Liberty of the Seas has 773 Cruise Critic reviews and an 87% loved it rating.

You can read reviews here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=389

There's a very popular Disney Discussion Board on the web (think you can figure it out from that info) that has forums for all things related to Disney - parks, on-site & off-site hotels, etc.. DID YOU KNOW that the only cruise line besides Disney featured on that site is Royal Caribbean?

Apparently lots of Disney fans also like Royal, and you can find comments comparing the 2 lines. I've been on both and personally prefer Royal (I'm 60 - maybe if I was 4 I'd feel differently:D). That being said, Cruise Critic is still far and away the BEST place for cruise info.

I've only taken one cruise, on the Liberty. My kids are 12, 9, and 6... so older than yours. We loved it. We thought we'd try a Disney cruise eventually if we liked our RCCL cruise. We loved the Liberty so much I don't think we can justify the higher cost of a Disney cruise. Plus, my kids are older, and while I'm sure we'd love a Disney cruise, some of my kids' favorite activities they don't offer on DCL, like the Flowrider and rock climbing.

The things your kids will enjoy are probably the same as DCL. My kids loved the character breakfast, the pool, the mini golf, ice cream pool side, room service before bedtime, etc. One thing about the pools-- they are all 4-5 deep except for the hot tubs, whirlpool, and splash area. My kids wanted to swim in the actual pool, and I got in with them since it was over their heads. I could stand, but I am tall. You might want to pack some arm floaties.

I'd stick with early dining. We really enjoyed our time at meals together. Our server was great with the kids. We brought the kids to the kids club after, but not every night.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I'm a chronic over-planner and travel worrier! I'm sure it's going to be great.

One more question re: the nightly entertainment; is it child friendly? We enjoyed taking the kids to the show each night on DCL and are hoping we will be able to do something similar on LOS.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I'm a chronic over-planner and travel worrier! I'm sure it's going to be great.

One more question re: the nightly entertainment; is it child friendly? We enjoyed taking the kids to the show each night on DCL and are hoping we will be able to do something similar on LOS.

With the age of your kids they may enjoy some shows and not others. There is a late night adult comedy for adults only. Saturday night fever would probably not be suitable as well.

They would probably enjoy In the Air as Well as the Ice show. Also possibly one of the headliners if they get a magician or juggler.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

We've been on Liberty twice and the Disney Dream once, and honestly, found a lot more to do on Liberty. We don't have kids, but friends with kids about the same ages as yours have cruised Liberty and loved it. The kids' pool and splash area is much bigger and less crowded than the Dream's, and there are fun kids' activities like a cupcake decorating class (which does have a charge), meeting the Dreamworks characters (free), and a Dreamworks parade (also free). I have to admit, I've been tempted to run through the splash area myself, though I haven't worked up the nerve to do so yet - it looks fun, though! :D

As for entertainment, I think all the shows would be ok except for Saturday Night Fever. There is a cirque du soleil style show (i think it's called "in the air") which is phenomenal, and I think most would consider it child-friendly (some of the costumes are tight/spandex, if that's an issue for you). There are also 3D dreamworks movies.

We had a magician/juggler who was great--boys loved him. The girls loved the ice skating show. (Parents loved both!). We missed Up in the Air, unfortunately. We wanted to try ice skating, but ran out of time. There is just too much to do!