Do you keep a record of your cruises (travel)

dolittle

I have three journals that my great aunt kept while traveling by ship in the 1920 and 30's from new York to Germany. they are so interesting to read. in one she even describes a burial at sea (a passenger had fallen down the stairs and died). I plan to take one with me on my next cruise to re-read.

I also keep a record of each trip- more on what I spend and where I have

visited.

I have a small slip of paper on my desk that lists our cruises. I note the date, ship, and what type of cabin. I keep CDs with my photos at work in addition to keeping them on my computer at home. For our 25th anniversary in December, I ordered a photo book of our years together. There were lots of cruise photos in it. My mother-in-law tried to keep it for herself. I'll probably order another one for her for mothers day--different pictures in it so that we won't end up with two identical books eventually.

I take a journal with me each cruise and write the day's events in it either each night or the following morning. I have 18 cruises documented this way and I enjoy periodically re-reading them. Good memories.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet they would be willing to share that can be used as a template to help with getting organized? It sounds like something I would like to do.

My wife has her website and creates photo books as someone has mentioned. For me, I think a spreadsheet sounds like a good idea.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Examples of mine. I use MS Word tables, not Excel. Just never bothered to convert it over:

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example4_zps575eb593.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example3_zpse417d0ae.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example2_zps49bd4151.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example1_zps8722d5b2.jpg

I've been thinking of adding a summary of places visited but just haven't gotten around to it.

Edited by gooch47

After about my 3rd cruise, I decided I "really" like cruising so I started to write down the places we've gone to. Over the years, that sort of ended because I just kept all of the cruise compass materials, the daily events, postcards etc to put into some sort of order at some point when I had some extra free time. Well, here is is 10 years later and I still have the folders but am just to busy (or lazy) to put it all together. :rolleyes:

I have a travel journal I purchased before our first cruise and I take it along on every cruise. I have everyone in our group make notes for at least 1 day of the trip in the journal and I try to make sure every day has an entry. What's kind of neat is that I have my daughter's journal entries from when she was younger (she was 9 on our first cruise and she is 18 now). At the end I'll put in extra pictures or postcards from the trip that didn't make it into my scrapbook.

Started keeping a travel journal on our first family trip, Disney World. I'm now on my third journal and our friends rely on it to recount different trips. Forgot it once and bought a copybook to write in until we got home and I transferred everything to my journal. They are beat up, have water stains, suntan oil and lots of great memories!

Examples of mine. I use MS Word tables, not Excel. Just never bothered to convert it over:

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example4_zps575eb593.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example3_zpse417d0ae.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example2_zps49bd4151.jpg

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq279/gooch47/example1_zps8722d5b2.jpg

I've been thinking of adding a summary of places visited but just haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks for posting! I like what you've done. Looking as your tables will help me get started. Have you written/posted any reviews of your travels?

Nope. I know the name of the first ship I sailed around 1991 and the last five or six but that's about it. DH has kept photos and stuff in albums since we've been cruising together but I'm just not a photograph/souvenier kind of person. The first cruise I took with a friend who photographed everything and kept, I swear, every cocktail napkin. I didn't bring a camera and brought home nothing except a piece of Lladro. I do remember the cruiselines and places I've visited.

I have a terrible memory, so I like to do lengthy reviews here on CC. One, to help others fairly new to cruising as I am; and two, so I can remember my trip in detail and what I was thinking at the time. I take tons of pics on each vacation and when I get a few good ones I like to share. :)

Nope. I know the name of the first ship I sailed around 1991 and the last five or six but that's about it. DH has kept photos and stuff in albums since we've been cruising together but I'm just not a photograph/souvenier kind of person. The first cruise I took with a friend who photographed everything and kept, I swear, every cocktail napkin. I didn't bring a camera and brought home nothing except a piece of Lladro. I do remember the cruiselines and places I've visited.

Me too! I remember my first cruise that I took with a girlfriend, we were 19 (back in the day you could cruise on your own at 19). It was 1965 aboard the Jamaica Queen. It was a 5-day cruise out of Miami. I still have all my pictures and memories of that cruise. I remember that I had a shipboard romance with the guitar player in the band. He was Italian. When I returned from an excursion in Kingston he was waiting for me with flowers. Then one night he tried to get me to go into his cabin "I need to change out of my uniform". I told him, "No way" and he never spoke to me again. Ha! Ha! So much for that romance! I still have pictures of him and me out on the deck before he tried to put the make on me. It's just so funny to think back on that trip! I did catch the cruising bug and have cruising every since!:D

I have kept all my paperwork from all my cruises...so that's I guess my way of keeping track of all my/our cruises. The DH started cruising with me when we met in 1971 and we started cruising with the DS when he was 5. We talk about all our cruises all the time so we keep them alive in that way also. The DS remembers all the cruises he's been on. He's 18 now so he has quite a few under his belt.:D

Edited by mousey

I have an excel spreadsheet I that I started after I had taken a few cruises and realized I loved it and wanted to cruise a lot. The spreadsheet has columns at the top with ship, cabin, date, to where (e.g. Canada, E. Caribbean, etc.) and cost. I have referenced it to check cabin #s if considering going on the same or a sister ship.

And lots of photos!