Thenford Grey's Nevis tour?

mlbcruiser

A catamaran excursion is really not a way to see Nevis. You are ashore on Pinney's Beach near the 4-Seasons for your lunch and beach time. It is not much time on Nevis to see any of the highlights of Nevis.

A catamaran cruise to Nevis is how we want to spend our day there.

That sounds great! I'm not opposed to a beach stop, but I'm not really a beach person.

I'm not getting any interest on the Roll Call and since I'm solo, I won't be able to do the Nevis tour. He needs a minimum of 4 people.

I'll keep trying, though! Just seems silly to waste the opportunity to add another island to my "been there" list when I can so without it even being a port-of-call!

He's told me he needs a minimum of 6 and it's currently only 3 of us right now, so we may not get to go, which is disappointing. We're looking at other options right now.

• 1 month later...

There are other threads about his Grand Tour on this board. I know because I've done it twice and I've posted in them. Enjoyed it very much both times.

As for the Nevis excursion, we should be good to go on 12/4. I think we have about 12-14 people interested and more people booking the cruise all the time.

Still hoping someone comes back who has actually done this to let us know their thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am considering the Nevis tour with Thenford Grey. I know Htenford is great because I've done the St. Kitts island tour. But Thedford will not be the tour guide on the Nevis tour. Can anyone who has been on his Nevis tour give their opinion of the tour, please. Thanks!

Just got back from a cruise on the Adventure of the Seas.. Took a 3-hr tour with Thenford Grey It was informative tour of the island of St. Kitts and then we stopped for 2 hrs at Cockleshell Beach. I would definitely recommend this tour.

There is no doubt that Thenford's island tour of St. Kitts is excellent but Thenford does not lead the Nevis Tour. And that is the tour I hope to hear about.

There are other threads about Mr. Grey's island tour. This thread is supposed to be about the Nevis tour.

I'm not worried too much about the fact that Mr. Grey won't be our tour guide.

Still, it would be nice to get some feedback before we're there in early December.

But rest assured, if no one else chimes in, I will when we return.

• 3 weeks later...
There are other threads about Mr. Grey's island tour. This thread is supposed to be about the Nevis tour.

I'm not worried too much about the fact that Mr. Grey won't be our tour guide.

Still, it would be nice to get some feedback before we're there in early December.

But rest assured, if no one else chimes in, I will when we return.

Looking forward to hearing your review of this tour.

• 1 month later...

I've been to Nevis!! :D

After wasting time waiting for people who didn't show, we set out in two vans (I think we had about 20 people). We did NOT take the commercial ferry. We got a bit of an island tour from the pier down to Cockleshell Beach area.

We had a girl with us who really didn't do anything except ride along.

We took a "water taxi" over, which was a speedboat. It was quite rough but the trip was only about 7 minutes. So we didn't dock in Charlestown.

Met up with our two vans and drivers and went off to see the island. Unfortunately, the mic wasn't working in our van and I was in the back seat, so couldn't hear anything. But, I can look up everything online, so it was OK.

The website now states "enjoy lunch at a legendary plantation inn (cost additional)" but I thought before it simply said that lunch was "on your own." Anyway, we weren't expecting the plantation lunch. Maybe I hadn't paid enough attention. The location was beautiful, but several of us didn't want to pay $25 for lunch on top of the tour cost, so we asked if there was anywhere else we could go and get something to eat. Really, I was expecting a beach food stand sort of "lunch on your own." We loaded up one of the vans and left the others there. Stopped at a local grocery store that had a deli in the back - one of those counters with cooked food and sandwiches. Got a pile of chicken with rice & beans and a Stag beer. After a bit of confusion with the currency conversion, we headed back and met up with the others.

We waited until we were back at the beach where we first met our Nevis drivers (it's Oualie Beach, I think). Spent over an hour there, then back on the water taxi.

It's a bit pricey, and having two different drivers, and a "guide" (who really just sat in the vans the entire time), the tips add up. Still, I'm glad I did it and if you've been to St Kitts and want to see something else, it's a nice alternative.

Not sure when I'll get my photos uploaded, but I'll come back and post a few when I do (probably this weekend).

Yes, just confirmed she passed 6/20.

I am sooo very sorry to hear of this, I toured with Thenford early 2014 and I myself was diagnosed with Breast CA in late Novemeber 2014 and then had surgery , chemo and radiation treatments ....my last treatment was 4 months ago....it has been one hell of a year but I am HERE, ALIVE and grateful!!!

Now I am planning excursions for our cruise in May 2016!! I just sent Thenford an email requested a tour of NEVIS with him this time round. This is our 2nd visit to St Kitts, so beautiful! Thenford was just a delight, enjoyed him immensely!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just back and we did the Nevis tour. We enjoyed our day, our guide Hillareana was great, but we definitely felt like we did not get what we paid for. Four of us were put in a van with 7 others. Van was comfortable and the guide was really personable and knowledgeable. However, when it came to beach time we were expecting a "stroll along the Four Seasons Resort where A-list celebrities stay and play. Relax on a palm-shaded beach or take a dip in the crystal-clear blue of Pinney's Beach--a retreat Fodor's hails as the island's "showcase."". Not even a close description to the small beach we landed on. Restaurant there was okay and not too pricey, but we did not get the experience as advertised. Took the speedboats from there back to Cockleshell beach and rode in a van with Mr. Grey back to port. We were charged $85 per person because we booked as 4, others in our van on Nevis paid $65 per person....not fair in my eyes! And yes, I have emailed Mr. Grey. Nice man, but he needs to rethink the way he charges his guests.

Just back and we did the Nevis tour. We enjoyed our day, our guide Hillareana was great, but we definitely felt like we did not get what we paid for. Four of us were put in a van with 7 others. Van was comfortable and the guide was really personable and knowledgeable. However, when it came to beach time we were expecting a "stroll along the Four Seasons Resort where A-list celebrities stay and play. Relax on a palm-shaded beach or take a dip in the crystal-clear blue of Pinney's Beach--a retreat Fodor's hails as the island's "showcase."". Not even a close description to the small beach we landed on. Restaurant there was okay and not too pricey, but we did not get the experience as advertised. Took the speedboats from there back to Cockleshell beach and rode in a van with Mr. Grey back to port. We were charged $85 per person because we booked as 4, others in our van on Nevis paid $65 per person....not fair in my eyes! And yes, I have emailed Mr. Grey. Nice man, but he needs to rethink the way he charges his guests.

Can you tell me what email address you use to contact Mr Grey..I assume it was Thenford?..I'm suppose to see him next week but have not heard from him in over a month..

Edited by Grumpy8

I've been trying to email them since the end of January, still no response! Anyone have any other suggestions for this island?

Got this message from his son:

if you can reply you can tell them to place the inquiry through the website itself instead of emailing directly

I guess they just hire a lady to help out..Seems business is good..

Hope this helps...I will see him next week..:cool: