Glitch with iConcierge App

So I installed iConcierge on my phone and DW's phone yesterday in preparation for our upcoming cruise - the ability to call and text each other for free on the ship is a huge plus (we normally carry walkie talkies !!).

So I arrive home from work last night and my iPhone beeps - I look at the screen and it says something along the lines of "You are now connected to the Ship's network - welcome aboard !"

I took a minute to look around the house and confirm that I was not in fact at sea - no cocktails, no sea swishing past my windows - nope, definitely not at sea.

I didn't really think about it until I drove to work this morning and the phone beeped again and displayed a message that I was no longer connected to the ship's wifi. Conclusion - the iConcierge App was getting confused when my phone connected to my home Wifi network, and then disconnected when I went out of range. Kind of funny, but it could get annoying - I may delete the app until it's time to leave for the cruise.

Anyone else notice this ?

Edited by Winchester Ranger

That has happened to me several times after installing the app. It threw me for loop when I first received the notification about being connected to the ships wifi. My cruise isn't until November, so I was wondering if I should delete and reinstall at a later date. I wondered why this happened as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's the funny part - I actually audit mobile applications among other things, that's my job !!

Someone needs to let NCL know that there is a logic flaw in iConcierge, it's sloppy coding to be sure.

I normally charge $250 an hour for IT Audit consulting, there you go NCL, it's free of charge. :p

I have had the app on my phone for a while now & never had that problem until today when I completed an update. I enjoy looking at the countdown, but agree if the notifications continue it will be annoying.

I have had the app on my phone for a while now & never had that problem until today when I completed an update. I enjoy looking at the countdown, but agree if the notifications continue it will be annoying.

That is pretty much my case. I updated the app because we sail in just over two weeks and yesterday I got a pop up message that I had been disconnected from the ships network.

I turned my notifications off for that app so I don't have to see it every 5 minutes :rolleyes: Yeah, I agree - they need to fix that!

Mine only pops up every couple days. I've yet to figure out what is causing it. I keep checking the alley out back for a ship, but nothing.

If you have the app running in the background, it will keep monitoring your connection to WiFi. You do not need to delete the app, but just exit. On iOS, that means double click the home button to bring up the apps that are running in the background. On the latest OS, just swipe upward on any app you want to exit. Exit the iConcierge app, and the notifications stop until you run the app again. Hope that helps.