Cagneys breakfast price ??

Hey !! Who woke you up ? This isn't a HOTDOG thread -- or have they replaced the steaks in Cagneys with HOTDOGS ??? lol

I will check tomorrow on the Star.

ROTFL-check the last few posts on the 'stop the 15% drink gratuity' thread ;)

If you're sailing tomorrow, can you check for me & see if Platinum members can still pay the difference on their comp LeBistro meal & eat in Cagneys instead?

ROTFL-check the last few posts on the 'stop the 15% drink gratuity' thread ;)

If you're sailing tomorrow, can you check for me & see if Platinum members can still pay the difference on their comp LeBistro meal & eat in Cagneys instead?

We were on the Getaway three weeks ago, and they wouldn't let anyone do that. You could use any restaurant with the same or lower price than Le Bistro. We ate at Moderno, and it was really good -- But Le Bistro is still better.

I will check, but I was told that the policy was fleet wide.

Edited by swedish weave

We were on the Getaway three weeks ago, and they wouldn't let anyone do that. You could use any restaurant with the same or lower price than Le Bistro. We ate at Moderno, and it was really good -- But Le Bistro is still better.

Bummer for me...I like Cagneys, but I'm certainly not complaining

Maybe that's just a 'big hurkin' ship thing for some reason...if not we'll do Le Bistro twice

thanks Bill

Edited by mbisson

When and where are you booked ?

Boston to NOLA, November on the DAWN-14 nights (Bill & Ruth are booked also)

We're in Vegas now, but when we get home Barb is checking to see if she can get time off so we can do the Pearl in May (Alaska). Noticed today some good pricing-I hope it's still available for us until next Friday. I have an email in asking if they can put a hold on a cabin till then, but haven't heard back. I know that's outside of the time limit they normally will hold, so if they say no, I understand

If you have seen the Las Vegas ads that say "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", think about the philosophy that some things are better left unsaid.

Ref the comment about service suffering ---- Not necessarily true. the restaurant manager can get additional servers there in a couple of minutes from other locations if needed.

I will also add a comment that you don't know who is entitled to the perk unless someone tells you or you trail the suspected intruder to his (or her) cabin. If it is that important, you have a definite problem.

I hope you are not insinuating that I have a problem of some sort because I was curious how people are considered "VIP" in terms of this thread. FYI, I can't remember the last time I haven't sailed in anything other than a suite on NCL due to the exceptional service and perks they provide. This information is provided to you not to brag, but I think you might be assuming otherwise and I wanted to make that clear to you. I merely asked because others in this thread clearly made reference to it and I wasn't aware that passengers other than those in suites were able to dine in Cagney's for breakfast.

For the record, I really don't care whether a person who is not a suite guest is allowed in Cagney's for breakfast. It's not my call to make and if NCL is willing to allow it, then great for them.

Also for the record, I have organized many a M&G, and do it not for any special treatment, but because I really enjoy attending NCL M&Gs and because, other than meeting wonderful fellow passengers, NCL truly makes an effort to make us all feel special just for showing up. I don't believe we ever got anything different than what anyone else who attends receives, which is fine with me.

By the way, isn't the whole point of this forum to ask questions and share information?

Edited by kiyoko

Uhhhh... Crab Cakes Benedict?

And there ya are! :)

Been a while since I've eaten Bfast in Cagneys, but once upon a time they had Fruit de Mer (which I preferred over the EggsB). But it's all good

I totally agree with those who said only those who paid for a suite should be allowed to eat in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. It always amazes me when people try to bend the rules.

No, the cruise line, usually the Hotel Director makes that decision. VIP also means different things. Some VIP's get everything a suite guest gets. Some only partial suite dining, others priority embarkation etc. No one seems to know for sure how it happens.

It also depends on the ship as well.

Harriet

I agree with you 100%

The French toast at the Epic Club or Cagneys is the same French toast at the buffet and MDR. It is all mass produced and the same at every restaurant and buffet. That was my first surprise in a suite......the breakfast is the same. Only difference is sometimes less crowded, the scrambled eggs are real (although you can request real eggs in the MDR) and there is a fruit and bread buffet. But those things you can get at the MDR when they wheel around the pastry cart.

Ahhhh, no the French toast is not the same.

Harriet

Ahhhhh....yes it is. This photo is from the Epic club last year. Same EXACT French toast in the MDR and buffet.

Epic2096-vi.jpg

I have never found Tahitian Vanilla Challah French Toast with Cinnamon scented macerated berries with Mascopone in any of the MDR's or buffet. When did you find this french toast in those venues?? Never had steak and eggs in the MDR or buffet either.

I totally agree with those who said only those who paid for a suite should be allowed to eat in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. It always amazes me when people try to bend the rules.

Some situations are not the result of people trying to bend the rules.

As I have said previously, you wouldn't have any way to know who is or is not entitled to be there.

I told one overly inquisitive person I was in cabin 12044, and that made them happy.

They didn't realize there are no cabins on the Star that have a 4 in the last two digits of the number.

The waitress heard the conversation and told me I was BAAAAAD !!!!

Edited by swedish weave

I have never found Tahitian Vanilla Challah French Toast with Cinnamon scented macerated berries with Mascopone in any of the MDR's or buffet. When did you find this french toast in those venues?? Never had steak and eggs in the MDR or buffet either.

...or Fruits de Mer in Brioche, or Smoked Salmon Frittati, or Crab Cakes Benedict (mentioned earlier), or the buffet set-up with selections of breads, fruits, cheeses, cereals and meats.

Uhhhh... Crab Cakes Benedict?

Just FYI, if you ask for Crab Benedict in the MDR you shall receive....

I found this out on the BTS tour on the Sun. I asked the very next morning, just to see, and voila! I got it--didn't care for it but I received it. (a bit fishy for my taste--we get fresh crab here at home--)

...or Fruits de Mer in Brioche, or Smoked Salmon Frittati, or Crab Cakes Benedict (mentioned earlier), or the buffet set-up with selections of breads, fruits, cheeses, cereals and meats.

Guys and Gals

I knew this was going to happen. I make a point about one item and some start to play a game by chiming in with something else. Some of you guys need to check out the buffet on the ships. I sail in suites and regular cabins. You can get the fresh strawberries and kiwi and other fresh fruit. I have seen smoked salmon too. The buffet has a HUGE selection of breads, muffins and croissants, etc.

Do you realize when they load the ships with all this food it is equally distributed between all restaurants.

The suite experience for breakfast is a highlight every day. But I hope some of you realize besides the fruit and bread.... the water, soda, flavored tea are the same in the MDR too ;)

Of course not everything is the same. That is NOT what I said at all. This thread started with the OP wanting to invite a guest for breakfast. I just was saying while a nice experience, you can get some of the exact food at the other restaurants. Some paint a picture somehow that a breakfast at Cagneys is imported from Paris or something. You may be surprised. Most of it is the same!

Edited by david_sobe

Guys and Gals

I knew this was going to happen. I make a point about one item and some start to play a game by chiming in with something else. Some of you guys need to check out the buffet on the ships. I sail in suites and regular cabins. You can get the fresh strawberries and kiwi and other fresh fruit. I have seen smoked salmon too. The buffet has a HUGE selection of breads, muffins and croissants, etc.

Do you realize when they load the ships with all this food it is equally distributed between all restaurants.

The suite experience for breakfast is a highlight every day. But I hope some of you realize besides the fruit and bread.... the water, soda, flavored tea are the same in the MDR too ;)

Of course not everything is the same. That is NOT what I said at all. This thread started with the OP wanting to invite a guest for breakfast. I just was saying while a nice experience, you can get some of the exact food at the other restaurants. Some paint a picture somehow that a breakfast at Cagneys is imported from Paris or something. You may be surprised. Most of it is the same!

Where exactly is the buffet of breads, cheeses, fruits and cereals in the MDR?

The MDR is a good option and the buffet is also a good option. But, the food is fresher and better prepared (and items NOT available in the MDR or buffet) and in one tight little circle for amazing convenience. Plus the pressed coffee is so much better than you get in the buffet or MDR.

The same foods are NOT available all over the ship. Compare the pizza in La Cuciina vs. the buffet. Compare the meats in Le Bistro, Cagneys and Moderno to what is available in the MDR. So, some of your statements are just a we bit naive.

I know you can get these things in the buffet (maybe not all!). But some is here and some is over there and some is back over there, while your hot food is getting cold. Then, is there going to be a table available?

P.S. have you ever had the Eggs Benedict on the buffet? Ick!!

Edited by Beaver1975

Where exactly is the buffet of breads, cheeses, fruits and cereals in the MDR?

The MDR is a good option and the buffet is also a good option. But, the food is fresher and better prepared (and items NOT available in the MDR or buffet) and in one tight little circle for amazing convenience. Plus the pressed coffee is so much better than you get in the buffet or MDR.

The same foods are NOT available all over the ship. Compare the pizza in La Cuciina vs. the buffet. Compare the meats in Le Bistro, Cagneys and Moderno to what is available in the MDR. So, some of your statements are just a we bit naive.

I know you can get these things in the buffet (maybe not all!). But some is here and some is over there and some is back over there, while your hot food is getting cold. Then, is there going to be a table available?

P.S. have you ever had the Eggs Benedict on the buffet? Ick!!

You are comparing apples and oranges

La Cucina is a specialty restaurant. Cagneys for breakfast or lunch is not a specialty restaurant. Have you had the steak at Cagneys for lunch? Yuck! It is not the same beef they serve for dinner and charge $30 for. The steak for dinner at the MDR is better.

Where is the buffet of breads at the buffet? Endless selection. You can get any bread you want at the MDR. They usually wheel around a cart and bring it right to your table!

Lets get back to the OP original point. This is getting silly. To call me naïve is pretty outrageous for pointing out the obvious. Next time check out the rest of the restaurants (that don't require an upcharge) before casting judgments!

Edited by david_sobe

I agree, I never know why people complain about breakfast in the MDR or the buffet.... What we enjoy in Cagney's for breakfast is the peace and quiet, the atmosphere. That being said, most days we order room service for breakfast in our suite.

Guys and Gals

Guys and Gals

But I don't have to worry that someone has dropped the tongs into the food. And I don't have to worry how long it has been sitting under the lights.

In addition, not relating to your post david, but in general... I believe the suite b&l and specialty dining is 1/3 ea better food, service and ambience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I never know why people complain about breakfast in the MDR or the buffet.... What we enjoy in Cagney's for breakfast is the peace and quiet, the atmosphere. .

Us too !!!:D