Bay Scallops Gratin

So I just returned from a wonderful 4 night cruise on the enchantment yesterday. Ive gotten a little spoiled since we ate in the MDR every night. I sampled all types of food but quickly became a fan of the bay scallops gratin. Ive been looking online for the recipe and cant find it. Does RCCL have it in their cookbook? Or does anyone just so happen to have one similar? Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

So I just returned from a wonderful 4 night cruise on the enchantment yesterday. Ive gotten a little spoiled since we ate in the MDR every night. I sampled all types of food but quickly became a fan of the bay scallops gratin. Ive been looking online for the recipe and cant find it. Does RCCL have it in their cookbook? Or does anyone just so happen to have one similar? Thanks in advance :)

If I remember correctly, the bay scallops gratin is the same recipe as the escargot, but with scallops instead of snails.

If I remember correctly, the bay scallops gratin is the same recipe as the escargot, but with scallops instead of snails.

Here's the recipe for the escargot from the Royal Caribbean cookbook:

ypa8yba7.jpg

Was the recipe for the bay scallops/escargot gratin in the cook book?

Yes, see the post quoted below

Here's the recipe for the escargot from the Royal Caribbean cookbook:

ypa8yba7.jpg

Just got volume 2 and 3 of Savor Cookbook in the mail. Bought them on Amazon for $10 each including shipping. There are more copies up for sale if anyone has been looking for them.

JYD,

Is this the big picture book they sell on board for 50 bucks?? DD wanted one because she'd love to try some of the recipes, but that price was too steep for her!!

I am also a fan of the bay scallops on board:D

I never did try them on the Allure last year as I never saw them on the menu. I want to be sure to try them on the Jewel in May! Are they a menu item or do you have to ask for them?

I have no desire to eat little snails, but I do love scallops, so this looks like a winner to me.:D

I never did try them on the Allure last year as I never saw them on the menu. I want to be sure to try them on the Jewel in May! Are they a menu item or do you have to ask for them?

I have no desire to eat little snails, but I do love scallops, so this looks like a winner to me.:D

Hey Ginny! You guys are leaving soon! I want to hear all about it from at least one of you when you get back!

The scallops are on the SAFFRON menu, usually day 3 !

Hey Ginny! You guys are leaving soon! I want to hear all about it from at least one of you when you get back!

The scallops are on the SAFFRON menu, usually day 3 !

Thank you! I bet we ate in a specialty restaurant that night. I will try to make sure we don't miss it this time.:)

Yes, we are leaving very soon. The next 6 weeks or so will fly by. We are having an Arizona Cruisers party today and all of the Arizona Cruisers on this cruise will be there. We are finalizing our plans and enjoying a potluck and each other's company. Good Times are about to begin once again. I plan to write another review upon our return.:D

JYD,

Is this the big picture book they sell on board for 50 bucks?? DD wanted one because she'd love to try some of the recipes, but that price was too steep for her!!

I am also a fan of the bay scallops on board:D

Yes, they are. Fisrt edition is expensive, I guess because it's first edition. I got volume 2 and 3. Some recipes in 3 are in vol. 2. Check them out on Amazon. Check selller's ranking and shop around. More than one person selling on there. Also check book quality. It wil say, " good, excellant, poor ".

It certainly looks, and tastes, like the same recipe for Escargot. Even served in the same 6-pocket dish. But with the scallops used instead of snails. Still great for dipping bread in after as well *grin*