New to RCI - ?'s on My Time Dining and breakfast and lunch options

Hello again. We are on our first RCI cruise in October - Independence of the Seas. We've sailed primarily on NCL and always like the ability to dine when we wanted to - we found this especially convenient in Europe with long excursions. As as result I have chosen My Time Dining.

With My Time Dining, will my husband and I be given the option of sitting with others rather than a table for two?

Based on my research I believe we will be asked to use the MDR on the 5th deck - is that still the process?

What happens for breakfast and lunch? Will we still have to stay with the one assigned dining room? I know there are other options for breakfast and lunch, but this would be if we wanted to have one of those meals in the dining room.

Thanks in advance for your responses.:)

Hello again. We are on our first RCI cruise in October - Independence of the Seas. We've sailed primarily on NCL and always like the ability to dine when we wanted to - we found this especially convenient in Europe with long excursions. As as result I have chosen My Time Dining.

With My Time Dining, will my husband and I be given the option of sitting with others rather than a table for two?

Based on my research I believe we will be asked to use the MDR on the 5th deck - is that still the process?

What happens for breakfast and lunch? Will we still have to stay with the one assigned dining room? I know there are other options for breakfast and lunch, but this would be if we wanted to have one of those meals in the dining room.

Thanks in advance for your responses.:)

You are correct, you will have the option of sitting by yourselves or with others, and breakfast and lunch will be in the main dining room, not the my time area.

It is one dining room with three levels, open in the middle.

Breakfast and lunch are usually served on one of the levels. The daily program will tell you which. MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Jade Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine, Sorrento's Pizza, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service (from RCI web site).

...What happens for breakfast and lunch? Will we still have to stay with the one assigned dining room?...

Breakfast and lunch in the MDR are open seating. No assignments or reservations, just first come first served. They will give you the choice of sitting by yourselves, or with others.

Edited by clarea

I must say...this board is filled with terrific folks who love to help the newbies.

Thanks...I have more questions..I seem to find new ones everyday!

Thanks again!:D

Be sure to ask if you have any other questions! If anyone knows for sure, you'll get an answer. :)

LuLu

~~~

Lunch is only served in the MDR on sea days. Do not miss this.... one of the best kept secrets on RCCL..... they have a menu from which you can choose (different day different menu) but the best thing is the Tutti Salad bar where you choose what you want and the server builds and dresses it for you. Absolutely delicious!

IMG_2638.jpg

Lunch is only served in the MDR on sea days. Do not miss this.... one of the best kept secrets on RCCL..... they have a menu from which you can choose (different day different menu) but the best thing is the Tutti Salad bar where you choose what you want and the server builds and dresses it for you. Absolutely delicious!

One of the nicest part about doing a transatlantic cruise with all those sea days.:)

IMG_2638.jpg

I so agree with how good the salad bar is. Everything is very fresh, and it's nice to build your own. One of my all-time dining room favorites!:)

IMG_2638.jpg

Can I ask the question another way. If you have MTD and you want to sit as a couple at a table for two, is this possible.

The picture has my mouth watering! Thank you!

You can ask for a table for two. There are proportionately more on the MTD level, but there are also a few in the other dining rooms. They are reasonably easy to get at dinner time. They are, however, quite close together, so it is not an intimate dining experience. There have been a few times at breakfast or lunch that we have requested a two top (once when my husband and I were in the middle of a heated discussion!) and the dining room staff accommodated us somewhat reluctantly.

Edited by MommaBear55