Caribbean princess

planb

Were any people allowed to wait in the terminal or was everyone forced outside to the tent? When we boarded 2/15, we could wait inside the terminal until boarding started.

The terminal filled up fairly quickly and then they were sending everyone to the tent. When that filled up they actually started checking people in where they stood in line as there were no more seats anywhere. Felt sorry for the workers who had to keep running back and forth

Haven't sailed princess in too long! :(

What is with the drink cards on CB? Do they still have the $40-50 soda card where you can gets soda whenever? I'm really confused because of what everyone is posting about the drink cards.

We have two in our group with fibromyalgia. Standing for more than a few minutes is NOTTT easy. What do you recommend after been there done that with boarding? We are also parking there... Is there decent handicapped parking? If you're handicapped do you still have to wait? (Neither of us are confined to wheelchairs but are worried about boarding!!)

Thanks so much! I'm getting so excited! Even more now that they're predicting 12 in snow by am! Ugh! 10 days!!!! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Haven't sailed princess in too long! :(

What is with the drink cards on CB? Do they still have the $40-50 soda card where you can gets soda whenever? I'm really confused because of what everyone is posting about the drink cards.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Yes they still have the soda sticker for approx $6 per day.

The ultimate drink package is for mocktails/soda/milkshakes etc and runs about $8 per day? I think.

Thanks for sharing your review. When staying at the Comfort Inn....Do you know if parking was free for the week?

.....there are several Comfort Inns in the Seabrook/Clearlake/La Porte area. We have compiled a list of local hotels and what they offer in terms of shuttle service, and parking options. Send me an email at jcw0313@aol.com and I will send you a short list we have put together. We live in the area and have seen many questions on these threads regarding transportation and hotels in the area.

Thanks for sharing your review. When staying at the Comfort Inn....Do you know if parking was free for the week?

.....there are several Comfort Inns in the Seabrook/Clearlake/La Porte area. We have compiled a list of local hotels and what they offer in terms of shuttle service, and parking options. Send me an email at jcw0313@aol.com and I will send you a short list we have put together. We live in the area and have seen many questions on these threads regarding transportation and hotels in the area. Please reference CruiseCritic or Caribbean Princess in the subject line.

Thanks for info, but little panicked! We are on the 3/29 sailing and are taking a gamble with a 9:55 a.m. flight out of Houston on the return with Southwest. Is that not an option at all??? Thanks!

Southwest will only take your bags 4 hours before your flight

!

Thanks for info, but little panicked! We are on the 3/29 sailing and are taking a gamble with a 9:55 a.m. flight out of Houston on the return with Southwest. Is that not an option at all??? Thanks!

If the ship docks on time, the first walkoff disembarkation is scheduled for 7:05 AM. You can figure you would be through customs by 7:30 if you are in that group.

A cab could then get you to HOU by 8:30, so you could make that flight.

This all starts with an "if", that the ship is on time to port.

As Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) said "Do you feel lucky?"

Can I ask why you didn't choose a flight after the time princess suggests for the cruise. While I do hate to sit at an airport I would hate even more to ruin a fabulous cruise by worrying about running off the ship, jumping in a cab to try to squeeze on an early flight....why end your vacay in a rush and panic?:confused:

Can I ask why you didn't choose a flight after the time princess suggests for the cruise. While I do hate to sit at an airport I would hate even more to ruin a fabulous cruise by worrying about running off the ship, jumping in a cab to try to squeeze on an early flight....why end your vacay in a rush and panic?:confused:

It's the end of spring break week, I'm sure the flights were very limited or else that was the only flight left. Southwest has great prices... if you can catch it. Just a guess

Thanks so much, totally know we are rolling the dice on this one. I was concerned about the statement that Southwest needed luggage 4 hours BEFORE flight. I have never heard that before.

What was stated is that Southwest will not accept luggage any earlier than four hours before flight time.

We are also parking there... Is there decent handicapped parking?

The handicapped parking is in the row closed to the terminal.

However, if you want you can first drive by the terminal to drop off your luggage and passengers and then circle around to park in the lot.

Actually since we are returning on Saturday there were 16 flights that day JUST on Southwest alone, 5 of them non-stop. My friend traveling with me really wanted to get home as early as possible and I agreed on this time even though I am skeptical. The only reason I am not too freaked out is the fact that there are 8 flights that leave after this one so I figure the chances are good that we will get something!

There is no way I will let the airport experience ruin my post cruise buzz!!!:p

Actually since we are returning on Saturday there were 16 flights that day JUST on Southwest alone, 5 of them non-stop. My friend traveling with me really wanted to get home as early as possible and I agreed on this time even though I am skeptical. The only reason I am not too freaked out is the fact that there are 8 flights that leave after this one so I figure the chances are good that we will get something!

There is no way I will let the airport experience ruin my post cruise buzz!!!:p

With that many flights hopefully you could catch one if you don't make the early one.

Southwest is pretty good about that.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

How did it go with flight? We have Southwest flight ay 11:30