Can you prepay for:

Ilovepj

HI,

First time on princess, I went to my princess to look at excursions, for the two ports and I reserved one for each port. But it did not require payment, so my question, can I call princess and prepay, would much rather get that paid before the cruise, I did not see an option on there website to pay for it.

Thanks

Helen

Getting excited about trying princess

Hello...

You can go to the "Gifts and Services" in Princess section. They have a form you can either fill out the form and fax it in or call and order over the phone. There all many items you can prepay.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Welcome to Princess...

Princess doesn't require payment in advance as you have learned. You can, however, purchase a cruise credit for the dollar amount of the excursions. The purchased credit will appear on your folio and offset the charge for the excursions. If, of some reason, the excursions are cancelled or you change your mind, the credit will offset other costs.

Lew

The short answer is yes.

You call Princess and purchase on board credit (OBC) via a credit card (or any other means acceptable to you and Princess).

All your on board expenses are lumped into a single folio account. Therefore, even if you purchase OBC for your excursions, other charges will accrue there as well.

I'm not saying don't do this, many do. What you may want to consider is purchasing even more OBC to cover other things like the daily tip charge or other purchased items and activities you know you'll be doing.

Also ask for an email to be sent to you for the things you have prepaid for. That way you will have proof on board ship that you paid for onboard credit, gifts, etc. in advance. We bought a couple of items by calling Princess direct, however, they never showed up on our booking on the Princess site. Asked why & the rep @ Princess said that he did not know. Anyway, requested a confirmation email for the items we prepaid for and Princess sent it.

HI,

First time on princess, I went to my princess to look at excursions, for the two ports and I reserved one for each port. But it did not require payment, so my question, can I call princess and prepay, would much rather get that paid before the cruise, I did not see an option on there website to pay for it.

Thanks

Helen

Getting excited about trying princess

Call Princess and gift yourself onboard credit in the amount of the tour cost. Princess does not require any payment to reserve tours. You will also be able to cancel without charge up to the cancellation time marked on your tour ticket which will be delivered to your cabin. It's normally, but not always, 48 hours prior. You can also cancel on line if you want. You may also wish to up the onboard credit self gift amount to cover your Hotel Charge (autotip), which is $11.50/pp/per night ($12 if you are in a suite or mini suite).