Diamond Status

I would think if he can prove he was on everyone of the night's that you cruised he would keep the Diamond status and when she gets a C&A number they would be linked and she would be Diamond also.

Adult son who shared our address became diamond when we did. He has moved and married, does he maintain his status and does his wife also? Thanks for your help

If he was linked to you before his 18th birthday, then he will maintain whatever level he had on his 18th birthday. His wife (actually any significant other) will get his level when they get linked.

If he was linked to you before his 18th birthday, then he will maintain whatever level he had on his 18th birthday. His wife (actually any significant other) will get his level when they get linked.

Good luck with that. My daughter maintained her Diamond status but my son got knocked back. I'm not sure why and he didn't argue it. He even cruised as a Diamond without us while living at home. About four years ago, we did a family cruise and his wife called to upgrade her status to his and was told that he didn't have enough cruises to be Diamond and reduced him. She was upgraded to his new/old status. I told him to call back but you can only lead a horse to water...

Here's an interesting question. Let's imagine he has, say, 35 cruise points, but has Diamond status inherited from his parents.

Imagine now he's now 21 and married.

Does his wife get his status inherited ("Diamond") or the status from his points ("Platinum")? If she gets to be "Diamond", then it'd be a double-inheritance, which would be kind of cool.

Edited by Daghis

Here's an interesting question. Let's imagine he has, say, 35 cruise points, but has Diamond status inherited from his parents.

Imagine now he's now 21 and married.

Does his wife get his status inherited ("Diamond") or the status from his points ("Platinum")? If she gets to be "Diamond", then it'd be a double-inheritance, which would be kind of cool.

My understanding was that significant other would get the same level. I always thought the purpose was to keep the couple at the same level so they could enjoy the same perks while cruising.

My son gets RCI email to him as "diamond" (inherited), eevn though he's only been on RC 3 cruises while he was living with us. Now that he's married and new address would he still be considered diamond? just wasn't sure if he would maintain it and whether his new wife would also be diamond.

My son gets RCI email to him as "diamond" (inherited), eevn though he's only been on RC 3 cruises while he was living with us. Now that he's married and new address would he still be considered diamond? just wasn't sure if he would maintain it and whether his new wife would also be diamond.

He should retain whatever level he had on his 18th birthday. His wife would get that level when they get linked by C&A.

At age 21, our kids got knocked down to whatever cruises they had actually taken. They were not included in our diamond benefit and their cards clearly their personal level. The purpose is to enable the children to obtain the benefits their parents have such as the Diamond breakfast, etc. To give an adult child and their spouse who has never cruised automatic diamond status sounds a bit silly to me and should not be expected. It certainly did not happen that way for us, and that was okay with us.

Edited by KKMurphy2

So, who was it here recently who recently characterized RCCL as "consistently inconsistent?" Sounds like yet another example. Spin the wheel & play "Royal Roulette," you may get lucky or you may not!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Our son was "down graded" also - those cruises he had taken. We foresee the only issue will be that he will not have access to the diamond lounge. He is developmentally disabled so can't be on his own - hoping for a kind concierge on our next cruise with him! Pattern seems a bit erratic, as usual....

At age 21, our kids got knocked down to whatever cruises they had actually taken. They were not included in our diamond benefit and their cards clearly their personal level. The purpose is to enable the children to obtain the benefits their parents have such as the Diamond breakfast, etc. To give an adult child and their spouse who has never cruised automatic diamond status sounds a bit silly to me and should not be expected. It certainly did not happen that way for us, and that was okay with us.

Agreed. Doesn't seem fair for those who earn it by cruising.

From what I understand at one point Royal Caribbean used to give statuses away like they were nothing and it really came back to bite them in the end. They have since started being more strict about things such as an individual only getting the status of what they have sailed rather than inherited statuses. Not sure what this means for people who received false levels prior to this but it sounds like anyone going through these inheritance scenarios are no longer getting the levels and anyone that has their points verified will or looked at will be reverted to their actual level.

This happened to us. I have one more sailing of credits than my parents. We all still live in the same house and sail together. My mom was missing one of our family's sailings on her cruise history and when she called to have it added they reevaluated our accounts and disconnected both of my parents' accounts from mine since you can only be connected to a spouse or child under 18. They both now have their actual point totals while I have my higher number even though we are all in the same house and sail together in the same cabin.

Reality is if they live at your address they will hold their status if they move and book themselves it depends how energetic that person they are talking to is to investigate their actual sailings, majority will not because they want to book your cruise but once they do not have your address they should be graded on their own actual sailings.

We have two daughters the one has sailed with us to be diamond on her own the other has not so when we take her family we are diamond plus so my wife books one room and I the other for the discounts. As far as them going into the lounges well that is up to you, I don't believe in cheating anyone so with them having a young child my wife and daughter go or son and law and myself, basically we have two that qualify and two go and the other spend time with the grand-daughter

I would think if he can prove he was on everyone of the night's that you cruised he would keep the Diamond status and when she gets a C&A number they would be linked and she would be Diamond also.

Yea he would keep his status and his wife when she signs up, however any cruise that you take from her on out will not count towards his status anymore and vice versa

In the past, I've read that a child would retain their parents status, however, would need to earn the full points required to advance to the next level after their 18th birthday.

For example, let's say the parents had 100 points and the child only had 60 points by the 18th birthday. The child would be Diamond since their parents were Diamond, however, they would need to earn 115 to advance to Diamond Plus whereas their parents would only need 75 points.

It could be when the accounts are unlinked, the C&A rep. might not be aware of this and only see 60 points, so they think they have to downgrade their status when they should have left it alone.

Edited by TM38Rob

DS who is now 24 got our Diamond status when he was 16. It has not reverted back. He got married October 2013 and his wife got his status for their honeymoon cruise to the Med. She was platinum in her own right and earned diamond after their 12 day cruise. So when they got married she got his status and he got her points so now they are working on D+.

My understanding was that significant other would get the same level. I always thought the purpose was to keep the couple at the same level so they could enjoy the same perks while cruising.

I'm only asking because this may apply to me soon. Given the scenario from the OP, does the new wife just get diamond status when booking a room with her new husband? If she were to book with someone else would she be gold?

My DH and I are both Diamond. Our 25 year old daughter who has been on every one of our RCI cruises is Emerald. No one can figure out why so we just stopped trying.

You should be able to look at your daughter's "My Cruises" account on Royal's website, display her cruise history, and determine which cruises she is missing. Once you have that, call C&A and request credit for the missing cruises.

I'm only asking because this may apply to me soon. Given the scenario from the OP, does the new wife just get diamond status when booking a room with her new husband? If she were to book with someone else would she be gold?

The husband calls C&A, says he has a new wife, and C&A links the two accounts. The wife now has the husband's level. Once she has that level, she can book with or without the husband and still have that level.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the new wife has to have at least one cruise before she can be linked.

I believe that is *supposed* to be the case. My wife and I met and married only a few years ago. Her status at the time was diamond and mine was emerald. When we "linked" the accounts, I assumed her status. But before that happened, they noted that she had another account "linked" to hers - that of her deceased husband - and she had to personally request that that account be unlinked from hers before ours could be linked together. I've since earned diamond on the strength of my own account, but I believe if our accounts were "unlinked" my point total would revert to actual earned points and appropriate status.

The husband calls C&A, says he has a new wife, and C&A links the two accounts. The wife now has the husband's level. Once she has that level, she can book with or without the husband and still have that level.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the new wife has to have at least one cruise before she can be linked.

They linked ours before we sailed together, but we had both sailed before that. As I said, she was first required to "unlink" the account of her deceased husband, so in the event of a death or divorce, when the accounts are unlinked I was told by C&A that they revert to actual earned points.

Anyone that got more like was stated just be glad about it but as far as the child who was on every cruise and not givin credit you need to get that corrected because that is incorrect.

Like I said before most of the crown and anchor people are not going to look up more then what is in front of them, ergo if your kid now grown up says diamond and has your points they will not say anything unless you are dumb enough to bring it to their attention and points will add from there.

When they get married the person with the highest total between the wife and you that is what should show up in either of your profiles

For those ahead of the game congrats, realize at anytime if you question your points they may go back and change your points to actual days that YOU were on the ship, for anyone like was said before who has not got credit please call crown and anchor and get it corrected