POM Restaurant to watch ships sail away?

I just came over to this board to post exactly the same question!! We are departing on a Sunday but will arrive in Miami on Saturday and would love to watch the Ships sail away on Saturday! We did the last time we sailed out of Port Canaveral and really enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed in Miami two nights post cruise. On day following cruise we took the water taxi from Bayside Market to the South Beach Marina. I have short legs and a trick knee so the high step up from the water taxi was a little scary but the worker assisted me so no problem. Here is walkway that runs all the way from the marina to the end (south beach). It is really a beautiful walk. You pass a couple restaurants and a really nice park with food and drinks on the way to the beach.

8b58793d-5d9a-45fb-997d-09b424ea9f31_zpsce9edc7d.jpg

Here is the outside seating at Smith & W .... my dh is the one in green. You can see a ship coming in the background.

c0f0c169-c55d-46ec-8297-a965f569e3f2_zps0a25fc49.jpg

Here's the Pearl as she's passing by

eb74a3a4-37f3-4975-ba2b-1ae1d88dd4da_zps31e2166e.jpg

People on the bank taking photos as the Sky passes by

6823fed9-c702-4ead-ae2c-e77f5c83f510_zpse1208238.jpg

We were having dinner at Smith & W but trees were in the way of my picture taking so i kept getting up and moving to the rocks as ships got close. It was an expensive dinner and in retrospect I would watch the ships go out from the seating on the walkway or from the rocks and eat somewhere afterwards.

Our first view of south beach after reaching the end of the walkway and following a little path to the beach

95df4a62-d571-4032-83c8-3fc91cc684e5_zpse25affcb.jpg

After all the ships had sailed by and dinner was finished we walked along the beach until we reached more of the action area of South Beach. We then cut over and walked the sidewalks people watching. It was nice to be able to tell the restaurant hawkers we had already eaten. At the end of our journey we flagged a cab and took it back to the Hotel Urbano.

It was a great day.

One night shot from South Beach

397285ad-5bf5-4105-a767-7f1c4d4d1961_zps71f10b70.jpg

KJQuilts - thank you for the beautiful pictures. We (3 of us) are looking to stay in Miami pre-cruise next January and wondering if we can take a tour of South Beach.

The trip via Bayside looks good though - uncertain how far we would want to walk but love the architecture etc. of South Beach.

If we go to Smith & Wollenskys at 4:00 to watch the ships, would we be permitted to just order drinks and appetizers. Too early for dinner at 4:00

Yes you can just order drinks and appies. There are never any happy hour specials though.