On board the Splendor now. Spa pool not going to work!

mamagina

Mamagina- Completely off topic of the boat itself, but how were the lines for the Mongolian Wok. Did you notice? I waited almost 90 mins this past October as only 2 burners on each side worked. Looking back, I can't believe I waited that long. It was not fun, but it was soooo good.

You are so right! Really delish! All six burners working but still a very long wait. Never less than a half hour. Even when it looked short at the end of lunch you still waited. I left my husband at the table to get a drink one day at the end of lunch and the line looked short so I jumped on and by the time I got back to the table my husband was ready to put an APB out on me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mamagina

So they say the spa pool will not be fixed this cruise. Now it is a school vacation week in Canada. All other jacuzzis are loaded with kids. I was told at guest services that no jacuzzis are adults only. Must say we are very disappointed. Kids were even jumping into the jacuzzis at 11 last night. Guest services was less that receptive about spa pool situation. Guy at desk even got confrontational with me. He claimed it was not broken last week when the people at the spa told us it was. He accused me of calling him a liar! They are giving $15 pet day credit. Not satisfactory. I paid way more than even the pass price over our regular balcony room. Spa passes are being sold at a deep discount but we heard no takers. Without the pool all you have are two steam rooms. Big deal! I guess I'm even more upset that the guest services rep was so nasty. Really surprised at that. Never really had that on a cruise. Usually they are do polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must have been the same guy I had to deal with. He was rude and unhelpful. He left a very bad taste in my mouth. Not sure he is in the right line of work.

On board now. Spa pool broke down on the last cruise. Will not be working this cruise. Disappointed because we booked a spa cabin. Selling spa passes at a reduced rate. Lots of trouble checking in. Computers were down for a while. Departed a little late because people were still getting on. Everything else fine. Looking forward to a great cruise. Beautiful sail away. We were outside till 6:00pm. People are already in the hot tubs. Crazy! It was fine with a coat though!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I was on the Splendor 3/1 through 3/9 when the pool broke. When I got home, I contacted customer service and they recently refunded the unused amount of the pool. I am very satisfied with how they handled this after the fact.

Ship happens, pools break down. I understand this.

It should have been resolved on board. The spa manager should have been honest. But fortunately customer service made things right by me.

I will cruise with Carnival again. I would love to sail on the Splendor. I will sign up for the Thalossotherapy pool again. I did have a good vacation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was also on the recent cruise (9th) also in the spa area. I have to say I was very disappointed in the quality and professionalism of some of the staff there. I had the luck of booking a balcony under the gym area. On the second night I was awoken by a big whoomp. Then another, and another... While they may close down the gym to cruisers, the crew uses it during those times. The big boom sounds where crew members dropping free weights on the floor. I went to the spa desk and they were quite nasty with me about anyone using the gym after hours. Guest services said it was waves hitting the side of the ship...I said really, I would hear that up on the 10th deck. Yes a lot of new cruisers confuses noises. I quietly kept my platinum card in my pocket and wondered what else they were going to tell me.

Edited by innkeeper17

• 3 months later...

20th of August.

Hate to book a spa room and find to there is a problem with T-pool. You know how some of these problems go -- chronic. But others get fixed fine. So I thought I would check.

Does anyone know?

20th of August.

Hate to book a spa room and find to there is a problem with T-pool. You know how some of these problems go -- chronic. But others get fixed fine. So I thought I would check.

Does anyone know?

We are n a couple cruises before you, we will keep her nice for you.