On board the Splendor now. Spa pool not going to work!

mamagina

We got a call from guest services pretty early this morning, actually woke us up, to tell us that the spa pool will not be fixed during this cruise. Otherwise we are having a good cruise. Thanks. Don't appreciate the sarcastic poster with the 100 percent refund comment. The purpose of this board is to inform. Those on future cruises should know what's up Before they go. Guest services should be aware of the facts and not try to get away with something. One other poster here confirmed that the pool broke last cruise. Why try to lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mamagina

Guest services confirmed there are no jacuzzis in the ship that are adults only. Even the spring break college kids can't get in. They do take them over after ten but there are still plenty of kids.

Exactly. I wish I knew there would be no spa pool when I paid for an upgrade just three days before sailing. If I had waited it would have only cost the $99. They are now charging for the spa pass and I would have been happy with my regular balcony.

I would be upset too. In the event I sail on Splendor again, I would book a spa room specifically for the Thelasso Pool. I paid for the spa for the week and I am very far from a spa person. I used the Thelasso Pool every single day at least once, usually twice. Despite whines about no hot tub by serenity, I did use serenity every day for a little while too, plenty of seats and pretty quiet.

I actually am a little disappointed now when I book a cruise and there is no thelasso pool.

Well I would like to thank you very much mamagina for taking the time out of your vacation to keep others informed. The DW and I leave on Monday and your info helped us. I never really ever understood the sarcastic remarks people make. Maybe there just being funny but again thanks for the info.

Guest services confirmed there are no jacuzzis in the ship that are adults only. Even the spring break college kids can't get in. They do take them over after ten but there are still plenty of kids.

Not to disagree with 'Guest Services' but they don't know what they are talking about.

On the Lido deck, on the aft of the ship, there is an adult only pool and two adult only hot tubs. It said that very plainly when we cruised on Feb 13, 2014. I might even have a pix of those signs.

It doesn't mean that kids weren't in that pool or hot tubs, but they are supposed to be Adults only area and Carnival should enforce that or take down the signage.

Cheers

Len

It is always disappointing when things happen that we are not happy with and they are things over which we have no control...

In the words of the Oscar winning song.....LET IT GO!!!

Some things just can't be helped!

I'm leaving Monday also....just hoping that I get on board for a pleasant journey...

Pam

Beach day at the grand lucaya resort. Just beautiful. Really perfect. $5 to get here and $15 to use the facility. Chairs umbrellas beach. Beautiful pools and hot tub. Pretty grounds. Free wifi. I am posting this from a hammock on the beach!

My first cruise and I was disappointed that the spa pool was not working. I had read many good things and was so looking forward to it. When we asked they said they were picking up a part in Florida to repair it. Well, after FL when the pool was still not working we went to guest services and were then told that the pool would not be working the rest of the cruise. They did give us credit $15 a day x2. I was fine with that as it paid for one of our excursions. Even though there are signs posted on the adult only section that was not followed nor was it enforced. My thoughts were that because it was Spring Break season that was the reasoning behind it. I purchased FTTF arrived at port @ 10:30 was in my cabin by 12:00 and my luggage arrived within 10 minutes of being in the room. I didn't experience any delays. Maybe I was lucky? As I have nothing to compare this experience too as it was my 1st time.

My first cruise and I was disappointed that the spa pool was not working. I had read many good things and was so looking forward to it. When we asked they said they were picking up a part in Florida to repair it. Well, after FL when the pool was still not working we went to guest services and were then told that the pool would not be working the rest of the cruise. They did give us credit $15 a day x2. I was fine with that as it paid for one of our excursions. Even though there are signs posted on the adult only section that was not followed nor was it enforced. My thoughts were that because it was Spring Break season that was the reasoning behind it. I purchased FTTF arrived at port @ 10:30 was in my cabin by 12:00 and my luggage arrived within 10 minutes of being in the room. I didn't experience any delays. Maybe I was lucky? As I have nothing to compare this experience too as it was my 1st time.

Thanks for this info. I booked FTTF as well for my cruise in April. Sounds like that portion worked out well. I really hope the Adult part of the pool is enforced. So rude and inconsiderate for that to be allowed.

We are back--all in all a great cruise despite the disappointment and miss information!

I can't believe how uninformed the Guest Services staff is. Another crazy response from them: On the evening before Nassau we asked if there was any sort of Priority disembark for Platinum or FTTF because the cruise director asked everyone for cooperation getting off in Nassau because there usually is a rush in that port because everyone wants to get on with their private excursions and plans quickly. He specifically said not to come down to the gangway until he made announcements to do so even though we will be docked for a while--local authorities have to clear the ship. Guest services said NO.

We are Platinum but guest services said priority disembark was only for our departure in NY. Well, we were sitting having breakfast and the cruise director reiterated his warning not to come down to the gangway and then only five minutes later he says "OK, we will begin our disembark with our Diamond, Platinum and FTTF guests who should be ready now on the Starboard lobby staircase." LOL! We missed out on that!!!

Love to hear when the pool is fixed.

Keep us posted.