On board the Splendor now. Spa pool not going to work!

mamagina

On board now. Spa pool broke down on the last cruise. Will not be working this cruise. Disappointed because we booked a spa cabin. Selling spa passes at a reduced rate. Lots of trouble checking in. Computers were down for a while. Departed a little late because people were still getting on. Everything else fine. Looking forward to a great cruise. Beautiful sail away. We were outside till 6:00pm. People are already in the hot tubs. Crazy! It was fine with a coat though!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On board now. Spa pool broke down on the last cruise. Will not be working this cruise. Disappointed because we booked a spa cabin. Selling spa passes at a reduced rate. Lots of trouble checking in. Computers were down for a while. Departed a little late because people were still getting on. Everything else fine. Looking forward to a great cruise. Beautiful sail away. We were outside till 6:00pm. People are already in the hot tubs. Crazy! It was fine with a coat though!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Broke down on Nassau night, no refund permitted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. I was looking at the webcam and the midship pool on the lido had been closed the past 2 days. I leave April 2nd. Hope everything is ok by then.

The pool was closed for 2 days because the boat was rocking.... a lot!!!! The pools were making their own waves when they had water in them (it was quite entertaining :)

we're cruising on her on the next cruise leaving monday, on our roll call someone said they got a message from someone on the ship that they're doing a zig zag pattern off the coast of SC with a man overboard signal.... that might be why it's looking dead.

are taking about the Thelassotherapy Pool in the spa????

Trouble and delays checking in?? Glad I'm not wasting my money on FTTF.

Yes. We are platinum. We and fttf went on after zone 5. People in the lounge were very angry! Very disorganized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they say the spa pool will not be fixed this cruise. Now it is a school vacation week in Canada. All other jacuzzis are loaded with kids. I was told at guest services that no jacuzzis are adults only. Must say we are very disappointed. Kids were even jumping into the jacuzzis at 11 last night. Guest services was less that receptive about spa pool situation. Guy at desk even got confrontational with me. He claimed it was not broken last week when the people at the spa told us it was. He accused me of calling him a liar! They are giving $15 pet day credit. Not satisfactory. I paid way more than even the pass price over our regular balcony room. Spa passes are being sold at a deep discount but we heard no takers. Without the pool all you have are two steam rooms. Big deal! I guess I'm even more upset that the guest services rep was so nasty. Really surprised at that. Never really had that on a cruise. Usually they are do polite.

He claimed it was not broken last week when the people at the spa told us it was. He accused me of calling him a liar!
I was on the cruise last week, the cruise just prior to yours. I personally reported the broken spa pool to Luke, the Spa Manager. last week the day following Nassau. He acknowledged that it was broken and he said that he reported it to "the engineer". I had also reported it to several of the spa employees. Yes, it was broken, and emptied last week, and they knew it was broken last week. Edited by Solo1959

Yes there was a man overboard alert and we had to go to our cabins. The ship doubled back but it was a false alarm.

Thank you so much for updating us while you're on the cruise. I hope everything turns out ok for you in the end!

what about the serenity deck jacuzzis?? NO kids even allowed in that area!!!

They don't have jacuzzis there. It's just an area that has padded lounge chairs an is underneath the mini golf. We don't usually go to Serenity, but we did enjoy the new Serenity on the Miracle the last time we were on her after she ha that upgrade. Splendor Serenity is kind of a joke! :confused::( OP, hope you have a nice cruise anyway!

I was on the cruise last week, the cruise just prior to yours. I personally reported the broken spa pool to Luke, the Spa Manager. last week the day following Nassau. He acknowledged that it was broken and he said that he reported it to "the engineer". I had also reported it to several of the spa employees. Yes, it was broken, and emptied last week, and they knew it was broken last week.

It really sounds like they are not on top of things at all. After we saw the post from mamagina my wife was upset because we just did a upgrade to a spa room so we could enjoy the spa. Well my wife only likes the whirlpool so she called to see if we could go back to our old room. the planner was very nice about it and said before she does it she would just check into it. She was told by the spa manger they needed to order a part and they could not promise it would be up by the next cruise that leaves on the 17th. So that means its going to be down for 3 cruise which I find really poor when many that book the spa rooms do look forward to and area to go and enjoy without kids. The Serenity area on the ship is such a joke it is not even funny. Very poor on Carnivals part.