Bonus points for AQ

Kwenz

During the 123 promotion last December there was a statement in the fine print that said 25 bonus CC points would be awarded to members booking AQ or above. It also said that the points would be awarded within 14 days of the end of the cruise. We'll we are now at 1 month post cruise and no bonus points. We did get the points for the actual sailing but no bonus. We were counting on the bonus to make it to Elite+ for our upcoming TA cruise.

So the question is has anyone succeeded in actually getting theses points posted to their account? I have contacted CC by phone and they said they would get back to me but I'm still waiting.

Please let us know how this works out for you. I tried to get the sales rep to list the 25 bonus points on our invoice, but they said they couldn't do it. The rep said it was noted on my account though. I called the next and asked someone to double check; they said the 25 bonus points notation was there. I'm always leery when sales agents don't put something in writing. On our last cruise we booked 2 rooms and were supposed to receive 2 bottles of wine for each room. The sales rep even read off a list of wines for us to choose from. Sure enough the wine didn't show. We asked about it and 4 days later we received 2 of the 4 bottles. We never did receive the other 2 bottles.

We too are waiting for our Bonus points from our cruise that ended on

2-15-14.

We have been told that we should expect to see them "the end of March".

Has anyone seen these Bonus Points posted to their account?

Isn't that a famous quote or something... "beware the end of March." :D

Sure hope those of you who are waiting to get credit for the 25 bonus points report back on your success and how long it took.

I booked in December to get the bonus points, but our cruise isn't until Sept. want to know that the Celebrity system will give us the points.

Thaks.

Reading this made me curious about my own cruise in Oct. that I booked expecting those 25 Bonus Points, so I gave CC a call last night. First, I just want to let y'all know, I was told by the customer service rep, that for those who have already taken their cruise and are waiting for the 25 Bonus Points to appear, it's not scheduled to happen until the end of March.

So, I asked if there was a note in my booking about the extra points, cause I couldn't see any on my reservation paperwork. There wasn't, and she told me I was not entitled to them because my sailing wasn't included in the special. That's nonsense. I saved the brochure and scanned her a copy today.

So, hopefully, she'll get back to me sooner than later and I'll have a definitive answer. And I better be getting those extra points!

Reading this made me curious about my own cruise in Oct. that I booked expecting those 25 Bonus Points, so I gave CC a call last night. First, I just want to let y'all know, I was told by the customer service rep, that for those who have already taken their cruise and are waiting for the 25 Bonus Points to appear, it's not scheduled to happen until the end of March.

So, I asked if there was a note in my booking about the extra points, cause I couldn't see any on my reservation paperwork. There wasn't, and she told me I was not entitled to them because my sailing wasn't included in the special. That's nonsense. I saved the brochure and scanned her a copy today.

So, hopefully, she'll get back to me sooner than later and I'll have a definitive answer. And I better be getting those extra points!

Where is your cruise to?

I didn't see a brochure but read about the bonus points on Celebrity's web site back in Dec as I was deciding on cruises. Selected AQ to get the 25 extra pts. Booked with a online TA & don't see any notation on reservation about bonus points. I would really appreciate it if you could you check your brochure you have to see if Caribbean on Eclipse in Jan 2015 was included.

Thanks.

Where is your cruise to?

I didn't see a brochure but read about the bonus points on Celebrity's web site back in Dec as I was deciding on cruises. Selected AQ to get the 25 extra pts. Booked with a online TA & don't see any notation on reservation about bonus points. I would really appreciate it if you could you check your brochure you have to see if Caribbean on Eclipse in Jan 2015 was included.

quote]

We're cruising on the Summit and apparently the cruise before and the cruise after were part of the promo. That's the thing, there wasn't a list of cruises included with the brochure....it was up to the person who took my reservation over the phone to tell me, which she didn't do.

The brochure was very deceiving and the wording stated "Offer applies to 3-night and longer Caribbean cruises departing 2/2014-3/2015 ........"

I just got off the phone with a Celebrity Loyalty manager. Thank goodness, I don't throw things away cause if I didn't still have that brochure, not only would I not have gotten the Bonus Points, but they were not going to give me the 123Go offer!

Apparently, there was a list of applicable sailings, of which mine was not included, but there was no mention of that in the brochure and I wasn't told that when I booked. So, they will honor the 123Go, and the Bonus Points since their promotion was less than clear. She told me my booking is clearly marked now to include 123Go, passages OBC and Bonus Points and should there be an issue down the road after our trip is completed her manager is also aware.

The fact the brochure conveniently left out all the important details of booking with this promo is sloppy work on Celebrity's marketing dept.

I have to say, that the 2 people I talked to at Captains Club were wonderful and I'm not just saying that because it's been resolved in my favor. They both replied promptly and were very helpful in assisting. In fact, the first rep wants me to send her an email to let her know how this was resolved.

Patsy, thanks for the quick reply. Now I recall the wording I saw online and believed we qualified. The 123 promotion shows on our reservation but I think I'll call & check on the 25 pts.

The 123 promotion showed on mine, too. So when she told me I didn't qualify for that either, that really took me by surprise. Thankfully, it's been resolved.

Because of this thread I went to check what it said on my reservations.

Two sailings are missing entirely!!!!!

We booked while on board the Eclipse a couple of weeks ago and I have the printouts that the rep gave me. Just emailed my TA and she has no record of getting the reservations, either.

Right now I'm REALLY angry at Celebrity - Princess is looking better and better.

Hi Patsy,

I had a similar situation, where we were onboard a Celebrity ship, and booked several sailings. At the time, we were told by the future cruise sales rep that our bookings were applicable for the 25 bonus points, as the promo was for "Oceanview and above".

When I returned home, I contacted Captains Club to ask when the points would be credited, and was advised the promo was for Aqua Class and above. I've asked Captains Club to honor what was told to me by the onboard rep, and they've refused.

I'm slightly disappointed that Celebrity refuses to honor my request due to misinformation. IMO, they should train their onboard personnel better - especially anyone who is new to the position. The person who made several bookings for me on Century a couple of weeks ago, was very nice - but could barely answer any of my questions, and also misinformed me on some items.

It's not only about taking the $$$, it's about providing solid information. By not doing so, it creates a negative experience for their Guests. I suspect that Celebrity is losing a great deal of potential added revenue from their onboard teams, as some of their reps are not trained properly - both in sales techniques, and in providing accurate information.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Patsy,

I had a similar situation, where we were onboard a Celebrity ship, and booked several sailings. At the time, we were told by the future cruise sales rep that our bookings were applicable for the 25 bonus points, as the promo was for "Oceanview and above".

When I returned home, I contacted Captains Club to ask when the points would be credited, and was advised the promo was for Aqua Class and above. I've asked Captains Club to honor what was told to me by the onboard rep, and they've refused.

I'm slightly disappointed that Celebrity refuses to honor my request due to misinformation. IMO, they should train their onboard personnel better - especially anyone who is new to the position. The person who made several bookings for me on Century a couple of weeks ago, was very nice - but could barely answer any of my questions, and also misinformed me on some items.

It's not only about taking the $$$, it's about providing solid information. By not doing so, it creates a negative experience for their Guests. I suspect that Celebrity is losing a great deal of potential added revenue from their onboard teams, as some of their reps are not trained properly - both in sales techniques, and in providing accurate information.

Andy,

Yes, I agree there seems to be a definite disconnect somewhere.

The promo I received in the mail was for anyone holding an Open Passage, which I was. There were many other stipulations which I met. I got blindsided by the nonexistance of info regarding the itineraries involved. Fortunately, I placed the call to them or else I would have been very unhappy.

Lucky for me I had the promo brochure and that they could not dispute!

Isn't that a famous quote or something... "beware the end of March." :D

"Beware the ides of March." William Shakespeare - Julius Caesar. Refers to the date on the ancient Roman calendar corresponding to March 15, the day that Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 BC. For further info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ides_of_March

We have called and were told the points would be added in March. We sent 2 emails also in order to have something in writing, but have had no response. I agree it is aggravating since it is stated that the points would be added within 14 days of the completed sailing. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens for now.