Bon Voyage packetau!!

They have arrived in Capetown.

Cruise over. Trust you had a great time.As they came around the coast of South Africa I think many passengers took the chance to do overnight Safaris.

6o_zpsc96b0979.jpg

Now on to the rest of your adventure.

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know whether "Ocean Princess" missed West African ports, like "Amsterdam" recently did on its World Cruise?

I have not been following its position since Capetown, but did see that the cam was showing an African port in the kast gew days. The report on sea scanner has it at the moment ....

: Under way from Cotonou to Lomé.

I have not been following its position since Capetown, but did see that the cam was showing an African port in the kast gew days. The report on sea scanner has it at the moment ....

: Under way from Cotonou to Lomé.

Thanks, David.

Two places I haven't heard of! Sounds like she is still visiting African ports.

Caught up with Joanne's enjoyable blog.

Good to read that they are now enjoying cruising Norway on HAL's Ryndam.

Joanne,

I guess you have heard that HAL's Ryndam is being transferred to P&O Australia in 2015.

You are in a perfect position to get some "insider" information for us! :)

Hello all we are currently in macca's in Helsinki. ....... We like the Ryndam ... there are parts of her that look her age, but mainly exterior.... she had a bit refit in 2004. Inside cabins are lovely and spacious as are the bathrooms..... the theatre is more like a show room with a stage..... not much of an atrium and little extra lighting would be nice.... like all ships, there are plumbing problems but we have not experience any.

Food has been great. The centre pool has a roof that can be retracted and the back pool is nice to sit around when the weather is good....

They have a theatre where they do cooking demo's..... and a computer workshop room out fitted with computers and surfaces for classes, but Imagine P &O will ditch these.....

Just spent 2 days in St Petersburg.... just stunning

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Hello all we are currently in macca's in Helsinki. ....... We like the Ryndam ... there are parts of her that look her age, but mainly exterior.... she had a bit refit in 2004. Inside cabins are lovely and spacious as are the bathrooms..... the theatre is more like a show room with a stage..... not much of an atrium and little extra lighting would be nice.... like all ships, there are plumbing problems but we have not experience any

Food has been great. The centre pool has a roof that can be retracted and the back pool is nice to sit around when the weather is good....

They have a theatre where they do cooking demo's..... and a computer workshop room out fitted with computers and surfaces for classes, but Imagine P &O will ditch these.....

Just spent 2 days in St Petersburg.... just stunning

Thanks for your comments whilst on board Ryndam.

It will be interesting to see what changes P&O make. I guess it is too far out for crew to know whether they will get to work on the ship in Australia.

Crew, who I spoke with on Ocean Princess, said working on a ship in Australia was on their "wish list"!

Agree St Petersburg is stunning, such a unique port of call.

Apparently the staff were only told the other day... probable just before it came out..... I would say they would be relocated within HAL they do have a new ship coming out in a couple of years....

In Stockholm today... lovely place.... We are over nighting here.... We anchored just in front of the old town but they are moving her at 6 pm so it will be longer to walk now

Apparently the staff were only told the other day... probable just before it came out..... I would say they would be relocated within HAL they do have a new ship coming out in a couple of years....

In Stockholm today... lovely place.... We are over nighting here.... We anchored just in front of the old town but they are moving her at 6 pm so it will be longer to walk now

No doubt, the staff would have been surprised. I wonder if they expected the ship to be leaving HAL though, because of its age?

Have you seen either Mein Schiff 1 or Mein Schiff 2 (former old Celebrity ships) in your travels in the Baltics? Must be successful, because they are now adding Mein Schiff 3, a new build (Turku Finland).

WOW Overnighting in Stockholm will be a special experience. Not all ships go into Stockholm itself. Sounds like a great itinerary.

I noticed that your next port of call is Aarhus.

If you are interested in the Iron Age, you might like to visit the Moesgaard Museum to see the Bog Man.

From Trip Advisor -

Surely a visit worth. Located in a nice environment.

Price:

adults 60 Dkr.,

Transport:

Bus 6 to Moesgaard museum stops right outside the entrance.

PROS:

- Nice and cosy surrandings (it's possible to take a walk 2-4 km in the area. There is a lot of attractions)

- Best exhibitions (The Graubelle Man, The Ice Man: Ötzi)

- Outdoor café (sandwiches etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Garry and Joanne's latest cruise adventure to the Baltics has now finished.

Their next cruise scheduled is an Avalon River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest on 18/6.

I hope they are enjoying every minute of their cruises and land travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Garry and Joanne are scheduled to be in Paris now, with Amsterdam next, prior to their river cruise on 18/6.

They have put some photos, on their website, of the Ryndam, which looks a beautiful ship. This is one of the ships which is transferring to P&O Australia, so this is your chance to see the before and after.

Edited by MMDown Under

Garry and Joanne are scheduled to be in Paris now, with Amsterdam next, prior to their river cruise on 18/6.

They have put some photos, on their website, of the Ryndam, which looks a beautiful ship. This is one of the ships which is transferring to P&O Australia, so this is your chance to see the before and after.

Excellent, thanks for the information. I hope they are having a fantastic time in Paris.:D

Hi everyone... yes we are still alive LOL

sorry for the stall in the blog but since we have hit land we have not time to scratch ourselves.... LOL we miss our sea days.... when we were in England we visited cornwall and the Cotswold, bath etc.. and now in Paris we have been non stop.... tomorrow we are going to head to Amsterdam to get ready for the river cruise.... we still pinch ourselves about some of the amazing things we have seen LOL....

I will try to get some England stuff tonight while I still have this good internet...

Did I mention as I type this I am looking out my window straight at Notre Dame..... did I mention that we actually have a window LOL

On the river cruise we have an aquarium view as we have one of the lower cabins that are half under water LOL.....

watch this or the blog spot...

Joanne and Garry!!!

Hi everyone... yes we are still alive LOL

sorry for the stall in the blog but since we have hit land we have not time to scratch ourselves.... LOL we miss our sea days.... when we were in England we visited cornwall and the Cotswold, bath etc.. and now in Paris we have been non stop.... tomorrow we are going to head to Amsterdam to get ready for the river cruise.... we still pinch ourselves about some of the amazing things we have seen LOL....

I will try to get some England stuff tonight while I still have this good internet...

Did I mention as I type this I am looking out my window straight at Notre Dame..... did I mention that we actually have a window LOL

On the river cruise we have an aquarium view as we have one of the lower cabins that are half under water LOL.....

watch this or the blog spot...

Joanne and Garry!!!

Looking forward to the future instalments.:D