Have 2 kids < 10 year sold - room options on Allure?

OV8

As mentioned in subject header, we have 2 girls ages 5 & 10.

Along with their parents -we are looking for a room that can accommodate all 4.

Nothing fancy needed like a Royal Suite but comfortable enough to sleep & wash 4 :)

Nice to have is Ocean View with/without Balcony.

Fall back to even Inside views.

We are pricing out the Allure & wanted to get an idea of how big or comfortable the rooms are in this category:

D3-D4 - Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony - which price out with current specials to about $1275 pp for us.

But it sounds small & I can't see a mention of a second bed for the kids?

Any other ideas?

Edited by OV8

As mentioned in subject header, we have 2 girls ages 5 & 10.

Along with their parents -we are looking for a room that can accommodate all 4.

Nothing fancy needed like a Royal Suite but comfortable enough to sleep & wash 4 :)

Nice to have is Ocean View with/without Balcony.

Fall back to even Inside views.

We are pricing out the Allure & wanted to get an idea of how big or comfortable the rooms are in this category:

D3-D4 - Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony - which price out with current specials to about $1275 pp for us.

But it sounds small & I can't see a mention of a second bed for the kids?

Any other ideas?

Not knowing what sailing you are considering, I did a quick look at a sailing in September.

There are D1, D2, D3, and D4 category ocean view balconies available. These have beds for 4 people. It looks like the kids would have to share a sofa bed. Kids sail free, but the cost is still high, in my opinion. Something like $1800 per person for the fist two people.

Edited by clarea

What about two connecting interiors or an two ocean views. It's two cabins but with the door open in between the two it would feel like one big room. That way you have two separate bathrooms and extra cabin space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You need to look at the deckplans to see what the bed configuration will be for the cabin you choose. D3 and D4 can have a sofabed or some have a sofabed and a single pullman bed. If you look at the deckplans, there will be a symbol beside the cabin number. The legend for those symbols is on the lower left side of the deckplans. A triangle means a sofabed and a diamond means a sofabed and a pullman. There are other symbols too so check it out.

Rooms either have 1 sofa bed that sleeps 2. They may have 2 pullman beds (bunk up high). They may have 1 pullman, and one sofa. Many different options, and most of the categories may have all 3 options available. If you book yourself, you will need to look at the floor plan to see what type of room it is. All of the staterooms have plenty of room to sleep in - since that is all they are used for!

The cabin sizes go from 152 sq.ft (inside, very tight!) up to 182 sq. ft (superior balcony). I would go with the largest I could afford. None are what I would call "spacious", until you get into the suites!

Definitely look at the deck plans! And, have those plans in front of you when booking...you should know what you're paying for!

N

There are D1, D2, D3, and D4 category ocean view balconies available. These have beds for 4 people. It looks like the kids would have to share a sofa bed. Kids sail free, but the cost is still high, in my opinion. Something like $1800 per person for the fist two people.

We're focusing in on June 15 departure & it's running about $2500 each for 2 adults in that room.

So yes, only good when you avg. in the 2 kids.

Edited by OV8

The cabin sizes go from 152 sq.ft (inside, very tight!) up to 182 sq. ft (superior balcony). I would go with the largest I could afford. None are what I would call "spacious", until you get into the suites!

Definitely look at the deck plans! And, have those plans in front of you when booking...you should know what you're paying for!

Thanks for the great tip cas.

Is there a preferred deck plan link on-line somewhere or is the RCCL plan here good enough?

Edited by OV8

The deck plans from all sites will be pretty similar. The "official" ones you link should be fine, although I think there are some sites [probably travel agencies] that will identify which ones are open. That might be helpful information.

Two adjoining rooms is the way to go. I couldn't imagine trying to cram 4 people into a 170 sq ft room with one bath. Kids end up paying the full fair, but it is still reasonable. We are sailing on the Allure on March 23 for $999 each for central park balconies. Our kids, 9 and 11, love having their own room and TV and Mom and Dad can close the door and have privacy. Last time I looked when we booked adjoining rooms on the FOS, the cost difference between them sharing our room or having their own was only $600.

Edited by nottooshabby

I agree...we had a D1 booked for our family (me, hubby, and two sons...10 and 9). Recently switched to 2 connecting Central Park balconies for an extra $100...this is for the August 3, 2014 sailing on Allure. Figured the extra space, extra bathroom, extra tv and extra real bed are definitely worth an extra $100!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i have booked Allure for August/2015

We have also 2 kids and 2 Adults.

Booked 2 connecting Insides, Cat L in deck 10

The difference was 400€ more than a Cat K for four people.

We are sailing on the Oasis in two weeks, and we have two girls, ages 9 and 11. We've booked two staterooms...one Boardwalk Balcony and one Ocean View Balcony immediately across the hall. We wanted the option of both views, and we also wanted two showers, more storage, etc. I think this will work really well for our family.