Will Santa be on board? Sailing Dec-15 through Dec-20

Sailing with my family on dec. 15 through the 20th and was wondering if during this trip if anybody thinks that it will be decorated for Christmas and if they will have a santa on board?

They start putting up Christmas decorations on the day after Thanksgiving, and they stay up until after Jan 1.

Edited by clarea

Shucks, hoping they would do some photo ops with santa for my little boy. Was thinking that would be a very special picture to keep would be when he was little with santa on the ship.

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........considering the money-making opportunity, I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY, that Royal Caribbean hasn't done this.

:cool:

Edited by Merion_Mom

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........considering the money-making opportunity, I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I SAY, that Royal Caribbean hasn't done this.

:cool:

Haha, very true! This week they should have pictures with the St. Patrick's leprechaun, then move on to the Easter bunny. Santa for the entire season from Thanksgiving to Christmas, Father Time at New Years - Cupid for Valentines Day, and can always fill in with the tooth fairy or something during off times! :D

The Christmas decorations will be up so you will be able to get a nice photo in front of the main Christmas tree. I would think Santa photos will only be available on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Can you take a santa suit with you and have a family member secretly dress up for the photo?

Sailing with my family on dec. 15 through the 20th and was wondering if during this trip if anybody thinks that it will be decorated for Christmas and if they will have a santa on board?

Why do you really think they have a helipad? :p:D

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you get your photo/memory!

Brig

Hmm ... a Mall-type Santa on the ship? I'm not thinking that's worth pining over.

We cruised pre-Christmas and we were looking for a different experience than we ever had for Christmas. We took Santa hats and the plan we to take them ashore at every stop and take Santa Hat Photos ... a kind of an odessey (pun intended). Unfortunately we forgot in San Juan, but we took plenty of Santa Hat Photos. You can do a Santa hat quest, you know. We saw plenty of other pax who did them. There was an elf hat, a green Santa hat, at least one NFL Santa Hat ... and my personal favorite, the belly-flopping Santa.

8260d333-114d-49ab-bf42-89f20672ddb9_zps8d9da8cd.jpg

Hhhmmmm, I would think that Santa would be very busy before Christmas and wouldn't really have time for a cruise. ;) Might have a better chance seeing him after Christmas with Mrs. Clause on vacation????

When we sailed in the Senerade early December, it was complety decorated. Captain Karin read "the night before Christmas" and than Santa came down the elevator with elves and some goodies for the children. It was wonderful. We watched from the upper deck, the kids were so exited. This was 2 weeks before Christmas.

Haha, very true! This week they should have pictures with the St. Patrick's leprechaun, then move on to the Easter bunny. Santa for the entire season from Thanksgiving to Christmas, Father Time at New Years - Cupid for Valentines Day, and can always fill in with the tooth fairy or something during off times! :D

Really! If they can have those stupid pirates on the pier in ports, clearly they COULD get a Santa suit.

They'd probably have many more takers with Santa than with pushy pirates! :eek:

Royal's marketing department needs to hire you. :p

Hhhmmmm, I would think that Santa would be very busy before Christmas and wouldn't really have time for a cruise. ;) Might have a better chance seeing him after Christmas with Mrs. Clause on vacation????

you know. I personally am friends with Santa. Last two years I have spent traveling my town on a fire truck with Santa handing out gifts while the reindeer take a much deserved break. I agree that Santa would be much to busy during December to take a cruise vacation. however I am on the carnival valor in May. May have to ask if Santa wants to come along and spread some holiday cheer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk