Pullmantur vs Royal Caribbean vs Celebrity

I was wondering how does Pullmantur compare with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Is Pullmantur considered a luxury brand like Azamara or a massmarket brand like Carnival?

I was wondering what would the price be to take a Pullmantur cruise in Europe? Can we get Crown and Anchor benefits. How would our Crown and Anchor status transfer over to Pullmantur/Azamara? I know that when I become Platinum on my next cruise I can get the Celebrity Select benefits .

Thanks

Regarding Crown & Anchor benefits, there is no connection between Pullmantur and Royal.

As far as Azamara, their loyalty program was based on Celebrity's Captain's Club, so if your Royal C&A level is Platinum or better, you will get reciprocal status in Celebrity and Azamara. Royal's Platinum would translate to Explorer level in Azamara's Le Club.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for clarifying my questions. Now I was wondering if Pullmantur is like Royal or better.

I think a good way to go is to become Platinum in C&A before going on another sister line so at least you can get the benefits of the other cruise line even if your nights don't transfer.

Pullmantur caters to the Spanish Market, therefore Spanish will be the language onboard, all of the activities, food etc will be for the Spanish market and prices will be in EURO rather than US $ so it will be more expensive. Also, these are RCCL's old ships (Sovereign, Monarch and Empress) so the cabins will be SMALL and the ship amenities will be less than what's offered on RCCL's newer fleet.

Thanks for clarifying my questions. Now I was wondering if Pullmantur is like Royal or better.

The answer would be a definite no -- as a previous poster said, Pullmantur's fleet is old Royal castoffs. It's not an upscale brand.

The answer would be a definite no -- as a previous poster said, Pullmantur's fleet is old Royal castoffs. It's not an upscale brand.

When did you last sail on Pullmantur? Never, I suspect. For your argument to be valid, Azamara would have to be considered a less than upscale brand as they sail hand-me-down ships as well. Oh, by the way, they came from Pullmantur.

Pullmantur are a mainstream line owned by RCCL catering to Spanish speaking clients, but English is also spoken onboard. The one thing that makes them different is that they were the first mainstream line to offer an all-inclusive experience for every passanger.

From a three time Pullmantur client.

Yes I think transfer is more the proper term.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the way i understand it RCI, Celebrity, Pullmantur and Azamara are under the RCCL umbrella just as Carnival Cruiseline, Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa etc are under the Carnival Corp. umbrella

Edited by ryano

Yes I think transfer is more the proper term.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the way i understand it RCI, Pullmantur and Azamara are under the RCCL umbrella just as Carnival Cruiseline, Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa etc are under the Carnival Corp. umbrella

Here's the corporate line:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-profilelong&t=&id=&

When did you last sail on Pullmantur? Never, I suspect. For your argument to be valid, Azamara would have to be considered a less than upscale brand as they sail hand-me-down ships as well. Oh, by the way, they came from Pullmantur.

Pullmantur are a mainstream line owned by RCCL catering to Spanish speaking clients, but English is also spoken onboard. The one thing that makes them different is that they were the first mainstream line to offer an all-inclusive experience for every passanger.

They did a nice job converting Monarch to their standards. Sure would like to get on board again!

Click here for more pics:

http://www.pullmantur.es/en/barco/monarch/galeria.html

exterior-barco-monarch-1.jpg

Edited by Scotty G

I was wondering how does Pullmantur compare with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Is Pullmantur considered a luxury brand like Azamara or a massmarket brand like Carnival?

Pullmantur 3.5 star

RCI 4.0-5.0 star

Celebrity 5.0-5.5 star

Azamara 5.5 star

The Monarch was sold to Pullmantur last year so how is it part of RCCL?
RCCL stands for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCCL is the parent corporation that owns a number of cruises lines including RCI (Royal Caribbean International), Celebrity, Azamara, Pullmantur, Croisieres de France, and also has a joint venture ownership in TUI Cruises. RCCL does NOT equal RCI, despite been quite often misused as meaning that here on Cruise Critic. Before 1998 RCCL stood for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, the entity that became RCI, but that was sixteen years ago!

Thom

Sorry I offended you by making an accurate statement that Pullmantur is not a luxury brand, which was the OP's question. :rolleyes:

I haven't sailed Princess, HAL, Costa, MSC, or Cunard, yet could somehow manage to make an accurate statement through basic literacy as to whether they're luxury brands, mass market brands, or what have you.

You Azamara analogy fails too, by the way, because Azamara's vessels were built around 2000 for the since defunct Renaissance Cruise Line. They didn't enter service in 1989 like Sovereign or 1991 by Monarch.

Edited by Dave85