New to RCI - reservations completed - now specific questions

Thanks in advance. I've been reading many of the posts here and writing down some questions.

First, who is Super Mario?

What is the luggage valet that is available on Independence of the Seas?

We love to walk the promenade at least twice daily - will we be able to walk up to the heliport area even while we are out to sea?

What are next cruise credits? My point of reference is the program they have at NCL - their cruise rewards program. For $250 we would receive an immediate $100 OBC and then when we booked our next cruise we could use the entire $250 amount as a deposit. Is the RCI cruise rewards program similar?

Is there a primary meeting area - on NCL ships it's the Spinnaker lounge all the way forward. We would hold our roll calls there and other assorted meetings. At night it became a bar with live music and dancing.

Is there someone on board the IOS that I can speak with about future cruises? Does RCI give a presentation about future cruises (in that special meeting place I referred to above)?

Thanks in advance.

Super Mario LIVES on Indy. He's on a B2B2B2B2B et cetera!

He does not work for RCI. I'm not sure what he does for a living, but he does work. He's able to stay connected to the office via internet.

Edited by VillaHappy

About future cruises - yes, on the Royal Promenade, the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) has an area/office. You can just drop by to s/w him or her. But I recommend early in the cruise, book an appt. There's a binder just inside that you can sign up your name and cabin # to get 30 minutes of undivided attention from the LA.

I'll make sure to make that appointment with the LA.

And perhaps I will have the good fortune to meet Super Mario on the Indy this October.

Thank you again for the responses and tips.

Edited by meaclasact2

I'll make sure to make that appointment with the LA.

And perhaps I will have the good fortune to meet Super Mario on the Indy this October.

Thank you again for the responses and tips.

Mario in no way "lives" on the Independence. When he cruises, he boards a ship and stays on it for a while. Right now, he is on Indy. He boarded January 4 and is on for 11 weeks. Next up is Legend.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Mario in no way "lives" on the Independence. When he cruises, he boards a ship and stays on it for a while. Right now, he is on Indy. He boarded January 4 and is on for 11 weeks. Next up is Legend.

:)

Sorry to hi-jack this thread for a second....but, Carol.....how can I e-mail you? The link in your signature does not work. Thanks.....and I apologize.

The luggage valet is a program available only with certain airlines. They check you in, give you your boarding passes, and check in your bags. You don't have to worry about your luggage until you get off your flight. I believe it is about $20; that does not include any baggage fees you have.

I haven't tried it, but some of my family did and they raved about it! To not have to worry about taking your luggage off the ship to the airport and just pick it up at home was great; especially with my 83 year old mother who needed extra help.

The luggage valet is a program available only with certain airlines. They check you in, give you your boarding passes, and check in your bags. You don't have to worry about your luggage until you get off your flight. I believe it is about $20; that does not include any baggage fees you have.

I haven't tried it, but some of my family did and they raved about it! To not have to worry about taking your luggage off the ship to the airport and just pick it up at home was great; especially with my 83 year old mother who needed extra help.

Just to add about Luggage Valet is that your flight can not leave any earlier than 11:30AM at most ports that do participate in the program.

Has their office usually they have a book set up an appointment in the book, suggest you make that your first stop when u board as the book fills out quickly.

You can book an open reservation $100 per person who is on the reservation and add people whenever you wish but $100 whenever you add someone. As far as how much on board credit that depends on the amount of days on the cruise $100 for 7 days and it goes up to I think $250 for 14 days.

Has their office usually they have a book set up an appointment in the book, suggest you make that your first stop when u board as the book fills out quickly.

You can book an open reservation $100 per person who is on the reservation and add people whenever you wish but $100 whenever you add someone. As far as how much on board credit that depends on the amount of days on the cruise $100 for 7 days and it goes up to I think $250 for 14 days.

This part changed today. See this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2008360

I appreciate you all taking the time to answer. I'm still a bit confused on the future cruise thing...and it looks like they've recently changed the program. They mention using a TA - we prefer booking directly with the cruise line. I'll give it another look over.

Again, thank you for responding.

I appreciate you all taking the time to answer. I'm still a bit confused on the future cruise thing...and it looks like they've recently changed the program. They mention using a TA - we prefer booking directly with the cruise line. I'll give it another look over.

Again, thank you for responding.

The new future cruise offer is now better if you have. Specific cruise in mind. Not so great if just want an open booking.

The new future cruise offer is now better if you have. Specific cruise in mind. Not so great if just want an open booking.

I was coming to that conclusion as well...I would do better with a specific cruise rather than one that I might take. This program is similar to what I am used to on NCL - they give you the $100 OBC on the current cruise. I understand the concepts, now it's the specifics I have to get down.

Thanks again.