How do you find "guarantee" pricing?

warmwinds

If you go to the X website, I only see the various conventional categories...how do you see if there is a "guarantee" price on a cruise you are interested in?

When you book the cruise you are guaranteed that price. If that category later increases you don't have to pay the increase.

If the price decreases and it is before final payment you can apply or ask for the decrease. Be careful on the TA you use as some will charge to make changes in your reservation.

🍸🍻

No, I'm talking about paying X dollars for a suite/concierge/balcony "guarantee". Paying a lower price and hoping for a nice upgrade, at the very least the minimum category as to what the "guarantee" was.

I guess the cruises I've booked have not been in that situation. Yet.

No, I'm talking about paying X dollars for a suite/concierge/balcony "guarantee". Paying a lower price and hoping for a nice upgrade, at the very least the minimum category as to what the "guarantee" was.

I guess the cruises I've booked have not been in that situation. Yet.

That's right. You just have to keep watching. If a guarantee is offered, it is usually, but not always, offered after final payment is due.

To be honest, when you book a guarantee, chances are you'll get a not-too-desirable cabin in that category.

True, there are stories to the contrary, but what they are trying to do is fill the cabins that are left. You may just luck out.

That's right. You just have to keep watching. If a guarantee is offered, it is usually, but not always, offered after final payment is due.

To be honest, when you book a guarantee, chances are you'll get a not-too-desirable cabin in that category.

True, there are stories to the contrary, but what they are trying to do is fill the cabins that are left. You may just luck out.

Our first X cruise last July was booked in May. I was monitoring prices and gaurantee balconies appeared. I hung on a day or two and they dropped by a third in price. I booked and the next day they dissappeared. The gaurantee was for at least a 2D but we were allocated a 1B a few days later. However for the price we would have been happy with any balcony. As long as you are then its a no brainer if the price is good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Recently I seen a cruise that was within 2 weeks of sailing.

A guaranteed balcony was priced at $3900

A suite was priced at $3900

Guess what cat the guaranteed balcony will probably be assigned to?

I can hear someone bragging that they booked a guaranteed balcony and got a suite.

Which one would you choose?

🍻🍸

When booking far in advance, especially when itineraries are first put on sale, it is very unusual to find guarantee bookings available. Cruise lines start offering guarantees when the they need to start moving inventory either when a cruise date is getting close, especially after final payment date (70 days or so) or when they feel sales are lagging behind their targets.

The reason they offer guarantees is because the guarantees give them flexibility to discount cabins and to put customers into whatever categories they need to sell the most. This situation usually is less often the case when a cruise is still very far off or when it is selling well.

Edited by Lsimon