How to get from SEATAC to downtown Seattle

cruises42

Can any one recommend a car service, or shuttle service from the airport to a hotel in downtown Seattle? Also from the hotel to the port?

I used flatrateforhire.com and eastsideforhire.com serveral times to and from the airport, pier and Amtrak station. I was very pleased with them and will use them again in May. Their rates are easy to compute on their website and they are less expensive that a regular metered taxi. If you use them from the airport to downtown, they meet you at the DEPARTURE level. Everytime I used them, I just called and they were there within a few minutes. They will call you with the taxi number and where to meet them.

Yellow Cab and Stila Town car have the airport contract so they always have vehicles stationed in the garage.

Stila usually has a sign at their kiosk, '$45 to downtown'. Call when you have your luggage and they'll pick you up at the curb. For Yellow cab , take the escalator upstairs and follow the signs to the taxi line.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Other vendors can drop off/pick up passengers who have reservations and they will pick you up at the curb.

http://www.flatrateforhire or eastsideforhire are generally cheaper, around $30 and pick up at the curb.

If you don't have a lot of luggage, you can take the Light Rail downtown. $3 for the 40 minute ride to Westlake Center.

Which pier? Pier 91 is about 5 miles north of downtown and cab will cost about $20. Pier 66 is downtown so maybe $15

Edited by mapleleaves

I've priced out flatrate and Shuttle Express for our transfers SEATAC-QI John St and QI-Pier 91, for 2 people. It appears the taxi is best value for us for both trips. Do we have to book in advance for our arrival at SEATAC or should we wait until we have our luggage to call? I'll book our trip to the pier to coincide with check out time so we won't have dead time at the hotel.

We will each have 1 large suitcase, 1 roll aboard, and I'll have a backpack. I am assuming this is a standard size car, and the luggage will fit in the trunk.

I've priced out flatrate and Shuttle Express for our transfers SEATAC-QI John St and QI-Pier 91, for 2 people. It appears the taxi is best value for us for both trips. Do we have to book in advance for our arrival at SEATAC or should we wait until we have our luggage to call? I'll book our trip to the pier to coincide with check out time so we won't have dead time at the hotel.

We will each have 1 large suitcase, 1 roll aboard, and I'll have a backpack. I am assuming this is a standard size car, and the luggage will fit in the trunk.

I just call when I have my luggage--they come within a few minutes. Remember that they pick you up at the DEPARTURE level, not arrivals. The driver will call you and give you his taxi number and where he is so you can find each other. Your luggage should fit just fine.

Same thing for your trip from the hotel to the pier--call when you are ready to leave. I have never pre-booked.

Try Shuttle Express:

•From SeaTac Airport: every 30 minutes to the piers, $22 pp, kids 17 and under ride free, one for each paying adult. No round trip discount on pier transfers.

•From piers to SeaTac Airport: $22 pp, kids 17 and under ride free, one for each paying adult. No round trip discount on pier transfers.

Not sure what is going on. I just called their telephone number, it rang twice then went dead.

Does anyone from Seattle know?

I just got a response from my question on TripAdvisor from a Seattle person who is a regular poster. Eastsideforhire/flatrateforhire is still around, they are just having website issues. The website is up now. Also, I just called them at 206-242-8800 and they answered.

Edited by pizzalady1

Thank you for checking that out pizzalady1! I am depending on them for my transportation while I am in Seattle!

Yes, thank you Pizzalady1.... Now the question is, do they go from the Pier 91 to SEATAC?

If not who does? We have an early afternoon flight out and I would love to get a service or something to pick me up after the cruise..

Thanks.

Yes, thank you Pizzalady1.... Now the question is, do they go from the Pier 91 to SEATAC?

If not who does? We have an early afternoon flight out and I would love to get a service or something to pick me up after the cruise..

Thanks.

They will go anywhere you want them to go. The cost is $35 from pier 91 (zip is 98119) to Seatac, according to their website.

Edited by pizzalady1

They will go anywhere you want them to go. The cost is $35 from pier 91 (zip is 98119) to Seatac, according to their website.

Thank you once again, pizzalady.... Yes, the problem I was having was the zip for Pier 91.. The price seems more than reasonable. I'll wait a couple of weeks and then make reservations.

Does anyone know if you can take the light rail from the airport to Westlake with luggage for a 7 day cruise - a good size suitecase and a carry-on? Is this commonly done? When I contrast the round trip cost for a cab or shuttle service for two passengers with that of the nominal fee for the light rail I'm tempted to consider it if it is a practical alternative.