Haven Restaurant question

Juliayn

Is menu the same every day for lunch and dinner in Epic club in Haven? Do you have to request MDR menus or specials or are those offered as well?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is menu the same every day for lunch and dinner in Epic club in Haven? Do you have to request MDR menus or specials or are those offered as well?

Thank you!!

.....found this in another post recently.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38081003&postcount=1

wasiii

Been researching this site for upcoming Epic trip. What I understand is you should ask that all menus be provided for you in your cabin.

You can ask for items offered in other restaurants while in the Haven restaurant. If from a Specialty restaurant you will pay an upcharge for an entree but appetizers and desserts probably will be free.

Not sure but think I remembered that the Epic Club menu doesn't change during the week but could be wrong on that one. Of course might be wrong on more than this one, so hope an expert weighs in.

Edited by MRBOOKEND

Yes the menu is is the same each day for lunch and dinner-but there is one special for dinner each night. the night we went it was Chicken salad special--not what i was expecting.

Food was good , and I did mention it to Ruth the concierge, her response was eat at other venues. Not what i wanted to hear, but I guess she is right, despite the fact that we pay a premuim for the Haven , they could do more in the menu area.

Food was good , and they did change soup for lunch each day, not for dinner

I was wondering if the Haven Restaurant has its own galley on deck 16 (Getaway)? Or is the food prepared elsewhere and brought to the dinning room. If true , probably why they have a set menu. Also, if you order from a specialty restaurant the servers, or an assistant, would have to actually go to that particular restaurant to retrieve the food (isn't Cagney's at the other end of the ship?). If you do this please tip appropriately ;). Restaurant manager here, just trying to figure out the logistics to run a smooth operation (if that's possible in this situation :confused:)....GO GATORS

Edited by miataman19

I was wondering if the Haven Restaurant has its own galley on deck 16 (Getaway)? Or is the food prepared elsewhere and brought to the dinning room. If true , probably why they have a set menu. Also, if you order from a specialty restaurant the servers, or an assistant, would have to actually go to that particular restaurant to retrieve the food (isn't Cagney's at the other end of the ship?). If you do this please tip appropriately ;). Restaurant manager here, just trying to figure out the logistics to run a smooth operation (if that's possible in this situation :confused:)....GO GATORS

It has it own galley. In fact it is used to prepare the Chefs Table. I can't answer the speciality restaurant question. In fact I have never seen anyone onboard order from another venue. I would have to believe that the butler would be responsible for placing and retrieving that order.

Edited by time2cruise1

Yes the menu is is the same each day for lunch and dinner-but there is one special for dinner each night. the night we went it was Chicken salad special--not what i was expecting.

Food was good , and I did mention it to Ruth the concierge, her response was eat at other venues. Not what i wanted to hear, but I guess she is right, despite the fact that we pay a premuim for the Haven , they could do more in the menu area.

Food was good , and they did change soup for lunch each day, not for dinner

If someone think that the menu in the Havenrestaurant is too limited and they don't want to order something from another restaurant, the easy solution is to eat at other venues. I agree that the menu is rather short but since almost everything they serve on the ship is available in the Haven restaurant the number of choices can't be a problem.

It has it own galley. In fact it is used to prepare the Chefs Table. I can't answer the speciality restaurant question. In fact I have never seen anyone onboard order from another venue. I would have to believe that the butler would be responsible for placing and retrieving that order.

Thanks for the info. On the deck plans there is a large white area next to the restaurant that is probably the galley. Forgot about the Chef's Table. Is that scheduled on the first or second sea day on Getaway?

The menu is set the same every lunch and dinner with the addition of a daily special.

It's by design obviously. If the menu in the Epic Club changed daily the Haven guests would eat only in the Haven. This way, Haven guests dine around and drop another $100 nightly on the surcharges at the other restaurants.

You will be tired of the menu in the Epic Club. From my experience on the Epic, they weren't very accommodating as posters above lead you to believe. In fact, just simple changes to the normal menu sent the servers into a tizzy. For example, at lunch I ordered the fish sandwich with arugula. I loved the arugula and wanted them to put extra on the sandwich or just bring a side of arugula. She "wasn't sure if she could do that but she'd ask her Supervisor". Another time at lunch we were sitting in the outdoor dining area right outside the epic club. It has a different menu and you can order from either the Epic Club menu or the casual bar food type menu. I wanted a sandwich front he casual menu and then shrimp cocktail from the menu at the epic club.......Again, a different server this time was uncomfortable with that request and she had to "ask her supervisor"!!

It worked out fine, I got my shrimp cocktail but it was most definitely out of the ordinary. I felt the servers didn't feel they had any sort of authority to accommodate me. Both times they had to ask their Supervisor.

So to come into the Epic Club and have an order of escargot from Le Bistro and the fries from Cagney's and then maybe some sushi..........I'm pretty sure that sort of things won't fly at all.

I think you're going to have to use the Butler for those types of requests. You'd pay the surcharge and then you'd need to tip the Butler separate. It would be expensive.

By the way another issue we faced , with wait staff and butler, is the ENGLISH langauage and our customs..

they simply didnt understand .

For example , we ordered ice coffee from Butler, he brought iced coffe in a coffee cup--

if you want a hot dog it comes without mustard

I asked for criossants for 3 people, he brings 2 crosisants

I also add that we are paying a premium for the Haven,so we can expect a varied menu, and not to have to pay for addl food

What about first night lobster tails? Can you get those in the Epic Club or other Haven restaurant??

Well they don't even have them in the MDRs on the Breakaway or Getaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I do not think lobster tails are served anymore-on NCL

Lobster tails were served on embarkation night on the Gem sailing that I got off today. The Breakaway was serving them on the buffet the second night - but that might have been discontinued very recently with the switch from their 12 day to 7 day itinerary.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

They had lobster in the Haven Restaurant on the second night on the Breakaway. It was not on the menu. You just had to ask for it. They will try to get you anything you want. It it served in buffet or someplace else as MDR. They have raps and other thing. You just have to ask

What about first night lobster tails? Can you get those in the Epic Club or other Haven restaurant??

It's second night on the Epic and served in the buffet. Staff in the Epic Club will get as many tails as you desire.