Diamond Princess from Sydney to Sydney

Does the Diamond have automatic tipping added to cruise if it sails from Sydney to Sydney? Thanks

Tipping on the Diamond Princess is not included in the price. They add it on each night. Its an American based ship.

I spoke with a Princess rep yesterday and she stated that tipping is included for Australian sailings.

the tipping is only included on the 3 aussie ships, the Sun, Sea and the Dawn Princess and the others are US ships and the tips are not included unless your TA will throw them in for you

the tipping is only included on the 3 aussie ships, the Sun, Sea and the Dawn Princess and the others are US ships and the tips are not included unless your TA will throw them in for you

I believe you are correct on this, the AUS based ships have it included while the others do not.:D

We definitely had the $12 pp a day, Suite passengers, tip added to our account on our Sydney to Victoria to Tasmania to Sydney cruise on the Diamond Princess in December 2013.There was also a 15% gratuity added to bar purchases as well and all in American Dollars, cheers Buzz :)

I spoke with a Princess rep yesterday and she stated that tipping is included for Australian sailings.

Further to my earlier posting, the no tipping policy will commence with her late 2014 sailings from OZ. :o

If you want confirmation, ring Princess to confirm.;)

Further to my earlier posting, the no tipping policy will commence with her late 2014 sailings from OZ. :o

If you want confirmation, ring Princess to confirm.;)

Last year, on Sun Princess, sailing around Japan, not only were we charged the daily tipping rate, but also our folio at the end of the cruise was charged in US dollars. Quite a lot of people were surprised.

Nicki